I hope tomorrow is the big day... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I hope tomorrow is the big day...

My Mustang is at the tuner currently.
I am hoping to pick it up sometime tomorrow.

It's getting:

1) a Whipple 3.125 pulley to replace the larger 3.375 one, plus a new belt.

2) one step cooler NGK spark plugs

3) Dyno tune

4) matching SA oil separators on the passenger sides (necessary) and driver side (for symmetry).

5) parking brake adjustment (it basically takes the last click to hold it).

Arg pirates, I hope to gain back some of the power loss due to living at 5000ft.

If I do, things will be just ducky.

2012 Shelby American Mustang GTS 580rwhp 485 ft/lbs Grabber Blue White Stripes
Ford Whipple, 5.0L, Tremec XL Magnum, MGW, Centerforce DYAD clutch, Boss 302 Torsen w/4:10s, 302R EPAS, Eibach Coil Overs, Fays 2 Watts Link, Dynotech DS, Shelby UCAs/LCAs, Wilwood brakes 6 piston 4 piston, Drake Bump Steer, heavy duty cooling, welded axle tubes, Interior Package, GT4 wheels, Borla Touring axlebacks, GT500 rear valence w/parking sensors, and airbag cover signed by Carroll Shelby.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Cool, let us know how it turns out.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

The car is at RWR Motorsports near Bandimere.

Darn altitude. My 3.375in pulley was supposed to make 9lbs at sea level.
But up here it's pushing 7.5lbs.

I want my zip back.

I think the tune will be more aggressive too.

I'd like to get another 60HP plus, which may placate me for another year, I hope.

This stuff gets expensive, ya know?
And I'm getting that "look" from my wife.

But I did just send her to the best hair dresser in town.

Ford Whipple, 5.0L, Tremec XL Magnum, MGW, Centerforce DYAD clutch, Boss 302 Torsen w/4:10s, 302R EPAS, Eibach Coil Overs, Fays 2 Watts Link, Dynotech DS, Shelby UCAs/LCAs, Wilwood brakes 6 piston 4 piston, Drake Bump Steer, heavy duty cooling, welded axle tubes, Interior Package, GT4 wheels, Borla Touring axlebacks, GT500 rear valence w/parking sensors, and airbag cover signed by Carroll Shelby.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

The wrong spark plugs arrived.

Looks like Thursday is the target date.

At least I will be able to be in attendance and watch it dyno tested.

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013
GT Member
S197 Member

Local auto parts stores should stock ngk6510. They are great plugs.

2011 Musang GT 6MT. Ford Racing 4.10 gears, TA Rear End Girdle, Boss 302 intake manifold, O/R x pipe, Ford Racing K springs, upr pro-series lca/uca/mount NGK 6510 gap to 0.32, ID 1000 injectors, KB Boost a pump, Paxton novi2200sl w 3.6 inch pulley 10psi. tuned by lund racing. unknown power.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
It's not possible that they don't block any of the light since they go directly across the lenses.
Snap plenty of photos and a video!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6spd manual transmission-BBK Longtube headers-BBK O/R X- Borla S Type mufflers- Dolce DC34 Matte Black wheels - 255/35/20 Nexen N3000 all around.
Raxiom halos, all lights smoked, louvers, Tuned by Lund Racing
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Yes, I plan on taking photos tomorrow.

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Talking

Good on ya' Ice, it sounds like you will be all hooked up. Your car should be an absolute BEAST.

Man just think what you could do with it down my way (my driveway is located at just 8' above MSL)

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Sea level, nice.

I'm getting ready to head down the 60 miles to Littleton and hopefully turn in the minivan rental.

I decided to go with 5W30 Motorcraft oil for the beating my Mustang takes. I mean, if the GT Track Pack is spec'd for 5W50, I should be OK.
I garage the car and it's heated.

I'm not super happy with my oil mileage, 1500/qt on 5W20.

I got talked into going 5W20 full synthetic with only 1200 miles on the car, and have 8,000 miles on it currently. I think the synthetic has delayed the break in, so back to the blended stuff.

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

OK, got the Mustang tuned. Rob tells me if we spend a day sometime on it, he can squeeze another 70HP out of it from where it is now, yet maintain driveability and still be a safe tune.
By the time I got there today, the tune was already underway and he didn't do a test run for numbers prior to the tune.

I took it for a test drive and between the tune and the pulley switch, quite a difference IMO. Where I was pushing 7lbs on my boost gauge before, it's closer to 9lbs plus now. The tune seems smoother than my old tune and the 5W30 makes the engine a lot quieter.

Here are the corrected to sea level SAE Dyno numbers:

579.9rwhp and 484.53lbs of torque.

SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Thumbs up

Excuse me while I pop my eyeballs back in my head

That's awesome!

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I have been worried about my oil consumption, currently 1500 miles a quart.

I watched the Mustang revved out on the dyno and saw absolutely zero oil smoke.
We did switch out the 5W20 for 5W30 though.

GT Member
S197 Member

how much timing is in that tune? it must be really safe. what was the uncorrected number?

2011 Musang GT 6MT. Ford Racing 4.10 gears, TA Rear End Girdle, Boss 302 intake manifold, O/R x pipe, Ford Racing K springs, upr pro-series lca/uca/mount NGK 6510 gap to 0.32, ID 1000 injectors, KB Boost a pump, Paxton novi2200sl w 3.6 inch pulley 10psi. tuned by lund racing. unknown power.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

At 5,300 feet, the raw numbers were 474rwhp and 397lbs torque.

I think we left the timing at 15 degrees.

He says he can go a lot further, but I want to get used to the increase I just got for a little while.
I am a novice at all this power stuff. No reason to wrap myself around a pole as I learn how to drive this.

Are my numbers wimpy?
He swears he get another 75 out of it easily.

There is no doubt it is a lot quicker than what I had, and holding steady at 3000 RPM in second and then punching it, it is really spinning the 285 wide rear tires with the Torsen unit... finally.

Before, it wouldn't spin them.

I'm told the torque is really flat and that I have good low end torque.
But, as I say, I'm a novice at all this.

Heck, half of what I know I learned from you guys.

I definitely have more zip than I have had the last 12 months since delivery.

Without boost, the cars feels quicker than before as well.

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Here is a photo of the new pulley and the oil separators installed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page