Trade for a 11-14 GT or wait for the 15 - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281racered3.7 View Post
Ok im at the dealership looking to trade my 2013 v6 base for a 2014 gt premium. The good thing is I had put down 9k on my v6 so I wont be hit that bad on the trade. On the test drive I definitely noticed more power but didnt WOW me, perhaps it was the gearing in the automatic... also I didnt get to really see all that its got since traffic was a bit heavy on the highway and side streets near the dealer.. im about to pull the trigger lol!

It's your money man. If the car works for you, do it. And the automatic will get better over time. It's a new car, so the engine/shift patterns aren't broken in yet.

Me personally, I'd wait a few months until the official 2015 Mustang info comes out. Because, if there's something I don't like about the 2015, you can come back and buy a leftover brand new 2014 for far cheaper than what you're about to drop for one now and I'd be kicking myself in the rear paying more money for something in the long run when I could've just waited. That's just my 2 cents.

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

It's a no brainer IMO. Wait for the 2015. If you like it, buy it. If not there will be plenty of '11-'14's around to get at any time. I also agree that waiting for the 2016's might be a better move. After all the trouble the 2011's had at initial release, there is likely to be some issues with the 2015, as with all new models.

That being said, I didn't heed my own advice. I bought a 2011 when they first came out. I couldn't help myself with the 5.0. Mine was delayed shipping for 2 months, but I've not had a problem since delivery. Many others can't say the same.

2011 GT Premium 6M convertible. Sterling Gray w/401A package, charcoal seats w/grabber blue stripe. Security package. Roush front fascia, splitter and rear wing. Black bullit wheels with 18x9 front, 18x10 rear. FRPP suspension. FRPP x-pipe. Roush axle-back exhaust w/square tips. JLT carbon fiber CAI with custom tune. Carbon fiber engine cover & coil pack covers.
PONY Member

trade in for the 14 5.0, pay off, then save 5 to 7k for a late 16 or 17 ???? Bugs worked out and improvement overall.

2014 Black 3.7 6M. 20 inch black bullets, Pypes Axle back, matte black super snake stripes, next up JLT intake.
2011 Mustang 5.0 Race Red. gone and was sick
2011 Mustang 3.7, gone sold 3 times since, that I know of.

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I decided and bought it. I traded my 2012 V6 for a 2014 5.0 premium today!

2014 Grabber Blue Premium5.0

The Past: 2007 FireRed GT
2012 V6Performance White
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangBrooks View Post
I decided and bought it. I traded my 2012 V6 for a 2014 5.0 premium today!
Cool!

Well, you KNOW the deal:

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slorydn1 View Post
Cool!

Well, you KNOW the deal:

Haha pics will come tomorrow. They had to go get the car so itll be here tomorrow! They gave me a 14 V6 to drive until tomorrow -_-

2014 Grabber Blue Premium5.0

The Past: 2007 FireRed GT
2012 V6Performance White
Apprentice

A large reason why I have this car is because my wife wanted a mustang before it turned into a euro car. I am not too keen on irs or di either. But everyone is different. Congrats on v8.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page