Trade for a 11-14 GT or wait for the 15 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Trade for a 11-14 GT or wait for the 15

I've been wrapping my head around what I want to do with my 12 V6. I want a 5.0 but I can't decide if I want a 11-14 or wait for a 15. I love the 11-12 body style and the 13-14 isn't bad but I prefer the 11-12. I just don't want to get a 11-14 then regret it when the 15 comes out. Anyone having this predicament either?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2014 Grabber Blue Premium5.0

The Past: 2007 FireRed GT
2012 V6Performance White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013
Apprentice

I am also in a way, I have a 07, and I like the 13-14 style slightly better than the 11-12. But I have a family member with a 11 5.0 so I know what It has to offer. But I'm waiting to see what the 15 looks like fully, we already basically know what the front end looks like by mustang6g website. for me though I'm waiting for the 15 and saving more up for either or when the time comes that we know what all the 15 has to offer.

post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

No one has a real idea of how the 50th anniversay mustang will really look(except those in the know). I still believe that Ford is teasing us with "slips" and Mustang6g is shooting in the dark based solely on what Ford wants for us to see/believe. I find ithard to believe the front end will be almost identical to the ford Fusion, as the mustang has never looked like any other model. I honestly think ford isn't going to really show the new mustang until the reveal on 4/17/14.

That said, at this point in the game, if it were me I'd wait until the new model is out to make a decision.

2011 Performance White 5.0 Premium 6spd MT, 3.73's, 401A
Mods: Staggered 18" FR500 wheels with 255 45 18, & 295 45 18 tires, Air Lift Drag Bags, Roush axle backs, Eibach Pro springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard bar, Center Fog grille, MMD Hood Struts,BAMA Tuned, JPC Line Lock, Blowfish Racing Bracket

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07greyblue View Post
I am also in a way, I have a 07, and I like the 13-14 style slightly better than the 11-12. But I have a family member with a 11 5.0 so I know what It has to offer. But I'm waiting to see what the 15 looks like fully, we already basically know what the front end looks like by mustang6g website. for me though I'm waiting for the 15 and saving more up for either or when the time comes that we know what all the 15 has to offer.
Keep the 07. There's something about the 05-09 that, although the 2010-14 Mustangs are great, just seems to be missing. I really regret letting my 07 go.

Jim T.
Present: 2018 Mustang GT (MT): Shadow Black

Past: 2007 Mustang GT Premium (MT), 2010 Mustang GT Premium (MT)
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013
notaV8

If i sell my 5.0, it wouldnt be for another mustang lol I know that now. I'd go german v8 or 06 gto.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013
Apprentice

That's my situation as well, I want to trade up for a 5.0 . I want to see what the 15's will offer but I dont want to wait so long for the prices to drop a bit on them , I have a feeling they will be priced a bit higher than this last year model. I seen a 14 5.0 brand new for 26k at the dealer in town so I want to go check it out in the next week, but dont know if it would be worth waiting another year and higher price.

2013 3.7 mustang auto.
Mods: magnaflow catback- 20% tint- roush upper grille- AM billet lower grill- gt500 rear spoiler-jlt oil seperator- boss 302 strut tower brace- SVE drift wheels 19x9.5 on nitto nt555 275/35/19- 3.73's- ebay paddle shifters
》MPT tuned 93race《
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangBrooks View Post
I just don't want to get a 11-14 then regret it when the 15 comes out. Anyone having this predicament either?
Unless you just have the red hots for a different car, I don't see the predicament. If you're thinking of an '11 to a '14, you're obviously willing to accept a used car. There are plenty of those out there and when the '15 comes out, there will likely be even more as people trade up to the new '15. And your money will go farther since the pool of used cars will be another model year older.

If you wanted only a new '14 and were concerned about the supply drying up, that'd be different. But since that's not the case, I'd advise patience. You're already driving a very nice Mustang. In only six more months, the '15 will be out and you'll know a lot more.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013
GT Member

Depends on what your plan is for the GT... Mods? if so what kind? CAI and tune? wait for a 15... Blower? do it on a 11-14...
Or do you want to be the test monkey on a 15+

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

It won't just be about body style with the 15. They are supposed to be much lighter... a 3000-3200 lb mustang with a 450+ hp NA motor is a direct competitor to a corvette in my book. 2011-14 GT's are not.

Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez Rouge View Post
Unless you just have the red hots for a different car, I don't see the predicament. If you're thinking of an '11 to a '14, you're obviously willing to accept a used car. There are plenty of those out there and when the '15 comes out, there will likely be even more as people trade up to the new '15. And your money will go farther since the pool of used cars will be another model year older.

If you wanted only a new '14 and were concerned about the supply drying up, that'd be different. But since that's not the case, I'd advise patience. You're already driving a very nice Mustang. In only six more months, the '15 will be out and you'll know a lot more.
I agree with this gentlemans post 100%

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
Apprentice

I'd wait and see what the 15 brings to the table then decide.

This is supposedly what the car looks like.

2013 Sterling Grey Base GT | Manual | Track Pack | Recaro's | 301A |Borla S-Type Axle Backs | Ford Racing Adj. FR3 Handling Pack|Clear Bra & Tints
PONY Member

I'm waiting 6 months to see the official 2015 reveal. I'm sick of all these spyshots and renderings. I want to see the real thing. Then I'll decide what to do with my 5.0. I love my car, don't get me wrong, but if they fix a lot of what's wrong with the current model, then I'll do it.

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Front end looks like a crosseyed fusion. Fusion doesn't look bad, but why would they make it crosseyed looking?

Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps
GT Member

If the 15 looks anything like those CAD pictures; I would buy a 14 in a heart beat. The 15 looks to boring and plain.

SOLD: Black 2011 GT 5.0.
1997 SVT Cobra Mustang
Full Steeda Suspension; OR X-Pipe; Flowmaster Exhaust; AMR wheels; Pro 5.0 Shifter, etc..
PONY Member

I doubt the 15 will look exactly like the pictures at all. Ford could just be teasing us. What I heard is that those who've seen the real thing all gave it a thumbs up.

I will keep my 2014 V6 for a couple of more years for sure. I love its retro style, and spaciousness. I might consider to buy the S550 after several model years down the way. After all, new models usually have some issues. Plus, you would have to pay MSRP if not more, and wait in line to get a 15 model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
If the 15 looks anything like those CAD pictures; I would buy a 14 in a heart beat. The 15 looks to boring and plain.

===
2014 Mustang V6 3.7L 6-spd manual, with MGW shifter, Airaid CAI, BBK shorty headers, Corsa Sport axle back, strut tower brace, JLT oil separator, GT500 differential cover, BG Synchro Shift II gear oil, Redline differential oil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page