What panhard bar do you recommend - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

What panhard bar do you recommend

Hey guys I need your help im gonna be getting my 20 inch rims and car lowered about 1.5 inches either in december or january and I was buying all the suspension stuff I needed to get. My question do you all is what panhard bar do you all recommend or is the best in yalls view. Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

13 V6 Premium Black/Red Stripes, Pony Package, Comfort Package and Security package with reverse sensing system.

Mods: Window Tint, Sound System, Airaid CAI, SR Strut Tower Brace, Eleanor Louvers, MMD Side Scoops, Smoked out tint on all the lights.
Soon to be installed:
Lexani wheels, GT style grille, lowering springs

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013
PONY Member

I have both the PHB and PHB brace from Steeda. They are both great quality pieces. I would have expected the new PHB brace to give more room for a larger exhaust (which it really doesn't, unless you're measuring in mm's)...I'm only saying this in case you wanted to get both pieces.

The adjustability of the PHB is hard to do with the nuts being on opposite ends. The one on the driver's side is easy to get at, however the one on the passenger side is a PITA, unless you wedge something in there to tighten it or have a special tool perhaps. I got around this by measuring a few times before tightening...then tightening the bar on the p-side first, bolting it up and doing the d-side while on the car. Worked great for me. No noise, never loosened at all and no increase of NVH. I got the "street" bar.

For me, the negatives are a trade off as I like the position of the nuts because it SHOULD be stronger as the middle of the bar is solid (compared to others that are offset from the middle). As stated, it is a quality piece and is light (made of 4130). I did notice the car behaving better on bumps as well as cornering on bumps. Seems more solid. Mark one down for a happy Steeda customer.

2013 Mustang GT - 402A GT/CS - 6R80 - Glass Roof - Engine Block Heater - SGM Exterior - CB/Miko Interior

Steeda Adjustable PHB (Street) and Steeda PH Brace, Stainless Works Retro Catback Exhaust...
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013
GT Member
S197 Member

I've got a BMR bar with the aforementioned adjusters in the middle of the bar. My car sees what I imagine to be some of the more violent lateral loading of any Mustang out there, and I haven't had any problems

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013
PONY Member

^ Exactly. Most likely just PR junk when they say the BMR is potentially weaker.

2013 Mustang GT - 402A GT/CS - 6R80 - Glass Roof - Engine Block Heater - SGM Exterior - CB/Miko Interior

Steeda Adjustable PHB (Street) and Steeda PH Brace, Stainless Works Retro Catback Exhaust...
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks for yalls opinions yeah i had no idea what im looking for cause never lowered car before so all new to me

13 V6 Premium Black/Red Stripes, Pony Package, Comfort Package and Security package with reverse sensing system.

Mods: Window Tint, Sound System, Airaid CAI, SR Strut Tower Brace, Eleanor Louvers, MMD Side Scoops, Smoked out tint on all the lights.
Soon to be installed:

post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013
PONY Member

i have the BMR PHB and the stock piece looks like a stick next to it. Very easy to adjust on car, just make to use some blue locktite on the adjustment nuts so they don't loosen up. The BMR PHB also have grease fittings, not all PHB do.

Canadian 2012 V6, MT, Perf.White Pony Package (3.31 gears). Koni Sport Shocks & Struts. Steeda Sport Springs w/HD Mounts, Route 66 SpeedShop 55D rear spring kit. Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace. BMR Adj PHB. BFG G-Force Sport Comp2. Pioneer TS-D6802R Front SPeakers, Clarion 80W/Ch Amp. JL Audio 8 Inch Sub And 175W Amp. GT500 Steering Wheel. 2012+ Tilting Headrests
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Best deal and a really good PHB is the J&M adjustable steel unit from American Muscle, about $120 before the forum discount.

post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Yeah i was looking up ones on american muscle and probably get one from there just didnt know which is the best

Soon to be installed:

post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Also would i need the bar or the rod? Didnt know what the difference is

Soon to be installed:

PONY Member

I'm running the J&M rod from AM at the moment. It works. The rear end is centered, the adjustment is easy to get to. I never add lock tite to the adjustment threads and everytime I've checked it's still in good shape. I do check frequently just to be safe.

It's on sale right now for 114.99

2013 5.0 - Deep Impact Blue
Brembo, GT500 axle backs, Vogtland springs, GT500 shocks/struts, Laguna SECA transmission scoop, 3.31, Carbotech xp10/8, JLT brake ducts
TWS CCW: 2:03.02
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I have this one by Massive. No complaints Ford Mustang Massive Competition Series Panhard Bar

==2012 Kona Blue Mustang V6==
==1995 Neon Coupe==
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivix View Post
I have this one by Massive. No complaints Ford Mustang Massive Competition Series Panhard Bar
Is your bar purple? Not knocking it; just curious.

2013 5.0 - Deep Impact Blue
Brembo, GT500 axle backs, Vogtland springs, GT500 shocks/struts, Laguna SECA transmission scoop, 3.31, Carbotech xp10/8, JLT brake ducts
TWS CCW: 2:03.02
Site Sponsor

There are a few threads on here related to this topic:

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...eline-phb.html

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...a-bmr-j-m.html

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-question.html

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...nhard-bar.html

If you have any questions about them, please let me know.

Enjoy!

Dylan Abbott
[email protected]

www.bmrsuspension.com

VISIT FOR PRODUCT ADVICE, TECH AND SUPPORT ON FACEBOOK. www.facebook.com/BMRMustangSupport
Rookie

I run the BMR adjustable panhard and have had no problems and the car isn't babied.
GT Member
S197 Member

So Kelly how's that UCA coming along?

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page