MMD hood struts installed - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

MMD hood struts installed

Just installed this afternoon. A lot more room.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MMD-HOODSTRUT.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	277313   Click image for larger version

Name:	MMD-HOODSTRUT1.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	277321  

Cobb Access Port
MAPerformance Tune, CAI, and Intercooler
NGK 6510 Sparkplugs
Everything else is for show.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013
Apprentice

Aren't they great. They should be stock out of the factory. Enjoy.

AirRaid CAI, FRPP lca's, Sequential tails, BBK headers & catted x-pipe, Hot Rod Cams, FRPP axle-backs, MGW shifter, 20" bullets, Bama Tune, Eibach Pro Susp Pkg.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCrumb View Post
Aren't they great. They should be stock out of the factory. Enjoy.
I Agree^^^ they should be stock from the factory. I put the Redlines on both my cars. What a difference!

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I have them on mine, highly recommend them!

2011 Performance White 5.0 Premium 6spd MT, 3.73's, 401A
Mods: Staggered 18" FR500 wheels with 255 45 18, & 295 45 18 tires, Air Lift Drag Bags, Roush axle backs, Eibach Pro springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard bar, Center Fog grille, MMD Hood Struts,BAMA Tuned, JPC Line Lock, Blowfish Racing Bracket
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

It's pretty nice to be able to get into that area without the latch in the way. Plus it opens up the area as the hood is raised much higher then stock.

Cobb Access Port
NGK 6510 Sparkplugs

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Looks great, I'm painting mine to match the car.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013
Site Sponsor

Looks good! I love the luxury of hydraulic hood struts. It's makes showing off your engine bay or simply working on your engine much more convenient. Once I installed a set on my '04 Cobra, I don't think I could ever go back..

Enjoy the hood struts!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013
PONY Member

Garage
Is it hard to keep the hood from moving when you take the bolts out to install these?

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daustin View Post
Is it hard to keep the hood from moving when you take the bolts out to install these?
I had no problems whatsoever when I installed mine. You use the prop rod to hold the hood up while you install the struts. When you are done, the struts hold the hood up & you can then remove the prop rod or leave it on & don`t use it.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv View Post
I had no problems whatsoever when I installed mine. You use the prop rod to hold the hood up while you install the struts. When you are done, the struts hold the hood up & you can then remove the prop rod or leave it on & don`t use it.
It's not that difficult to keep the hood from moving, you can move the hood around on the bracket with out applying too much He-man power.

Good set of sockets is all you need, size 11mm and they say 13mm but that may be necessary for GT's, I didn't need it on my V6.

Cobb Access Port
NGK 6510 Sparkplugs

PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadhtx35 View Post
It's not that difficult to keep the hood from moving, you can move the hood around on the bracket with out applying too much He-man power.

Good set of sockets is all you need, size 11mm and they say 13mm but that may be necessary for GT's, I didn't need it on my V6.
Thanks. I was worried that the hood would move on the bracket and wouldn't line up with the fenders after the install....

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Here are the steps.

1. Follow the directions to the location of where you place the lower brackets, very simple to install the lowers

2. When ready for the upper brackets, take off the first screw/bolt completely.

3. Loosen up the screw/bolt below it enough to where you can wiggle the hood bracket and so that you can put the groove in shaped like a U onto the screw, just need a little bit of space.

4. Line up the upper hood bracket and tighten down the lower bolt that fits over the U shaped slot on the hood bracket about 75 to 80 percent (Make sure that the screw/bolt holes line up for the top hole)

5. Now you are ready to put back in the top screw since you already aligned it in step 4.

6. Follow the same directions for the other side.

That's pretty much it for the V6. The GT may have one additional step where you have to mount a component under the bolt instead of over the bolt.

After I typed all of this I'll just send you to the site where you can download the PDF file
MMD Mustang Bolt On Hood Strut Kit - Black 41282 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping 41282

Cobb Access Port
NGK 6510 Sparkplugs

GT Member
5.0L Member

I've got the color matched kit from CPC in on my to get list. Hard to justify spending money on pointless things when I need to pay it off yet. There is always Christmas though...

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by daustin View Post
chadhtx35's explanation says it all. Plus I suggest following the instructions he linked to on our AM site. It includes listed instructions, but also pictures. Once reviewing it, I'm sure you won't have any issues!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page