Poll Choose My Powdercoat Color for My F14 Forgestars - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: Forgestar Wheel Color
Bronze 5 15.63%
Burnished Gold 6 18.75%
Yellow Gold 3 9.38%
Gunmetal 18 56.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

+1 on Gunmetal.

2009 Chevrolet Corvette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Yes, gunmetal would look good. It does on just about every car. But you said, you want to be different. I voted for the bronze, but I think the dark gold would be right up there. With as many wheels as you've had, doesn't seem like you would have a problem swapping again if you didn't like.

2011 GT Premium 6M convertible. Sterling Gray w/401A package, charcoal seats w/grabber blue stripe. Security package. Roush front fascia, splitter and rear wing. Black bullit wheels with 18x9 front, 18x10 rear. FRPP suspension. FRPP x-pipe. Roush axle-back exhaust w/square tips. JLT carbon fiber CAI with custom tune. Carbon fiber engine cover & coil pack covers.
Apprentice

As most have said, gunmetal definitely isn't going to give you that different look you are after but would look best with those stripes.

I am all about trying to be different and I think that the bronze would look clean on a white mustang assuming you removed the stripes. Perhaps this photo will help give you a visual of what darker gold/bronze would look like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	raulmustang.jpg
Views:	4985
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	278697  

1995 Mustang GT, White: BBK CAI, Magnaflow O/R X, Magnaflow Magnapack catback, Hurst short throw & Black FR500s.

2013 Mustang GT Premium, Sterling Gray: JLT oil separator, JLT CAI, Pypes O/R X, Roush axle back, Lund Tune, Eibach sport lines, BMR LCAs with relocation brackets, BMR adjustable panhard bar, Steeda wing, Boss 302 rear diffuser, Stillen splitter, Billet upper grille, Roush high flow lower grille delete, sitting on 17x7 & 18x10.5 Dark Stars

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Thanks for all the input and votes everyone!

I went ahead with the safe choice! Gunmetal FTW!

Fred

2013 Ford Mustang V6 with Performance Package, Recaro Cloth Seats, 19" Brembo GT Track Pack Wheels and GT Premium 19" Wheels, OEM 3:31 gears, Airaid CAI and Roush Upper and Lower Grille.
PONY Member

Thanks for the thread. I ordered Forgestar F14s from Vorshlag, 18x11 in flat gold. They ordered the wheels uncoated and then send them to a powder coater in McKinney, TX who does great work. He did some stuff on my Challenger. Any way now to wait.

Apprentice

Gold would look bad A s s on a white car
Apprentice

I vote bronze!
In my opinion, it will give just enough accent without being too much. Classy, Not Flashy!

2014 GT MT, Track Package, Recaros
Magnaflow Competition Catback, Barton STS w/ 2-Post Bracket, Eibach Multi-Pro-R1 Coilovers, UPR Race Panhard Bar & Brace, SCT Livewire BAMA Tuned, Steeda Ultimate Adjustable Sway Bar Kit, BMR LCA's w/ Spherical Bushings & Relocation Brackets, BMR UCA Mount
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page