Custom GTCS caliper covers - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Thumbs up

Looks good man. So does your car; loving the matte black look.

1993 Reef Blue Notch 5.0, flowmaster three chamber cat backs, K+N air, 3.73, cobra clutch, 158k and still kicking. 2014 Mustang GT prem., Black, Brembo, manual, 3.73 gear, fog-light tint, new GT floormats, led license plate bulbs, Jlt oil separator, K&N drop-in air filter, SickSpeed black shifter knob with red shift pattern, GT 500 axle backs, locking gas cap, painted MMD quarter window covers, Roush chin splitter, red Lethal Performance windshield banner, SHR black fuel door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I like them,they should look great on your car.

post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjys View Post
I love what you've done to the car and I think those covers will great but won't the matte paint finish collect brake dust faster? Just a question. I added a pic of my wife's GTS Shelby brakes. Not Willwoods but does just fine for what I use the car for!
They might. I'm hoping its a smooth texture like my wrap so it's easy to clean. Those look nice! I want to upgrade the rotors and pads, but I'm going to wait till I need new brakes.

2011 GTCS
Officially too many mods to list...

Apprentice

Looks good...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R
PONY Member

The shelby rear brake upgrade from ford is around 4 or 5 hundred.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
Kinda like when someone pulls ups next to 95% of GT's at a light and giggles at the plastic rear spoiler that serves no real purpose other than looks?

Sh*t, I'd guess most stuff done to these cars is 'for looks'...with no real functional benefit. So what? Whatever floats yer' boat...I got $500 worth of Bassanis that serve no purpose other than to make me smile from the sound...no performance benefit.
I am not trying to burst anyone's bubble, I'm just saying, if it was me, I would only try and show off / draw attention to my brakes if they are an upgraded set up, be it from the factory or otherwise. I think the stock brakes are a huge compromise.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpembach1 View Post
I am not trying to burst anyone's bubble, I'm just saying, if it was me, I would only try and show off / draw attention to my brakes if they are an upgraded set up, be it from the factory or otherwise. I think the stock brakes are a huge compromise.

Who shows off brakes, this is for a smoother sleeker look. Even with big brake kit I still would probably get rims that try not to show off the brakes.

a man's most expensive hobby started with a 97 cent hotwheels

1999 saleen s281sc vert 11k miles #261/421 built 1/170 vert 1/10 exact combo
2000 Roush v6 sport 78k miles
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newponyboy04 View Post
Who shows off brakes, this is for a smoother sleeker look. Even with big brake kit I still would probably get rims that try not to show off the brakes.
It's just funny when I see a built up mustang with every mod known to man except the puny 13.8 and the even tinier rears. You have all that power and a set of brakes that will fade after 3 hard braking events.

PONY Member

Quote:
It's just funny when I see a built up mustang with every mod known to man except the puny 13.8 and the even tinier rears. You have all that power and a set of brakes that will fade after 3 hard braking events.

If the guy was racing, then it would matter. He just wants to cover the ugly OEM calipers. I painted mine black for that very reason. Now they kinda hide behind my black bullit wheels, while the OEM gray was really noticeable. I think the covers for the OP will look great.

2011 GT Premium 6M convertible. Sterling Gray w/401A package, charcoal seats w/grabber blue stripe. Security package. Roush front fascia, splitter and rear wing. Black bullit wheels with 18x9 front, 18x10 rear. FRPP suspension. FRPP x-pipe. Roush axle-back exhaust w/square tips. JLT carbon fiber CAI with custom tune. Carbon fiber engine cover & coil pack covers.
Rookie

those covers will loook good man. i hate the ugly calibers on my CS. Cant wait to get something to cover them

2014 Deep Impact Blue GT/CS - 3.73 - 6spd - Bone Stock (4now)
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14GT/CS View Post
those covers will loook good man. i hate the ugly calibers on my CS. Cant wait to get something to cover them
If you decide on caliper covers let me know. The person my fiancé ordered these from didn't charge her for custom engraving.

2011 GTCS
GT Member

Quote:

Which will revert back to my post awhile back, how many actually track their car to the point they actually usesthe brakes? 4k for a visual mod is beyond rediculous

a man's most expensive hobby started with a 97 cent hotwheels

1999 saleen s281sc vert 11k miles #261/421 built 1/170 vert 1/10 exact combo
2000 Roush v6 sport 78k miles
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newponyboy04 View Post
Which will revert back to my post awhile back, how many actually track their car to the point they actually usesthe brakes? 4k for a visual mod is beyond rediculous
Eventually I will do something other than the drag strip and I'll upgrade my brakes. Ill start with rotors and pads though, so these covers will get a lot of use. When I do need bigger brakes, I'll take these off and sell them.

2011 GTCS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page