CDC Performance Grill (GT500 Grill) - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Question CDC Performance Grill (GT500 Grill)

Anyone have this grill on there ride? Ive already ordered a number of mods for my car and love my fog lights for the time being but i know im going to want to change out my grill later on. When putting this grill on do you have to cut off your fog lights? Thanks guys

2014 Grabber Blue Premium5.0

The Past: 2007 FireRed GT
2012 V6Performance White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangBrooks View Post
Anyone have this grill on there ride? Ive already ordered a number of mods for my car and love my fog lights for the time being but i know im going to want to change out my grill later on. When putting this grill on do you have to cut off your fog lights? Thanks guys
I'm a huge fan of the CDC Performance Grille. This set up looks awesome IMO, the 2013-2014 GT500 is definitely the most aggressive looking Mustang to date!

The install on this item isn't too bad. I've seen customers install it in anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. You do have to cut the fog lights out, if you were to use an electric saw this should only take you a couple minutes! If you use a hand saw, it make take a little while longer.

Definitely let us know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013
PONY Member

You do have to cut the fog lights out. I knew when I purchased the grill that I wanted more air flow for cooling and this was the grill to get. Looks awesome and I didn't care for the fog lights.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013
PONY Member

Wish CDC offered a matching lower grille. Closest thing I've seen so far is the Roush lower delete, but $300 is a big chunk to drop on a delete kit.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013
PONY Member

I didn't have to cut out the fog lights as mine is a 3.7, but the install is super simple literally snap in place and it looks amazing imo
I removed my lower grille since the roush kit wasn't yet available and cut all the tabs off&then painted everything black to blend in.

2013 mt82 3.7-spl del/sgm/charcoal/tech pack/recaro
Mods, 3.5"ant/dynomax mid exh/bronze tsws 245/50/18 kumho/sportline-pro kit&gt500 mounts/J&M phb/eibach lcas/redline/roush/sk&pedals/gt-wfg/cf blkout/license insert&upper grille, mustang sills, jlt/3.73s/steeda 93perf&sctx3, am mirrors&tlc/roof wing/open lower/stillen lip/steeda sts&bush/rtr'd rear
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macabre View Post
Wish CDC offered a matching lower grille. Closest thing I've seen so far is the Roush lower delete, but $300 is a big chunk to drop on a delete kit.
Iwish they offered a lower matching grill too. If my car was a DD I would have left it stock. Since I track my car I wanted to have the opening for air flow and help keep the engine cool. My enigine runs about 200 degrees F on track days.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013
PONY Member

I've had it on since August 2012 and the car has 40,000 miles on it now so about 35,000 with this grille in place.

If you have fog lights in the grille like stock GT has then yes, you have to cut them out. The grille is wide open so nowhere to mount those. But if you have the MCA foglights (like mine) or the GT/CS style then it isn't an issue since they are in the bumper.

I have one of the Roush lower grilles in mine now and it matches up pretty good. Not the open Roush lower, but the slatted one.

2013 MCA Convertible, automatic - Revelare Designs cowl hood, Hellion single turbo.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangBrooks View Post
Anyone have this grill on there ride?
What grille? It's a hole...

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I was hoping I wouldn't have to cut my fog lights out cause I'd like to always have the ability to re use them if I needed/wanted. But oh well I love the grill and I said if I was ever to get a 13/14 I'd do it. So guys that's another mod for my 14 5.0

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2014 Grabber Blue Premium5.0

The Past: 2007 FireRed GT
2012 V6Performance White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page