VCT or Phazer issues - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Smile VCT or Phazer issues

Currently My mustang has 80k on 2011 V-6 3.7. Last week it kicked a faults while I was driving around town. The fault was related to PCM and VCT solenoid. Codes was for the PCM had lost some of the program, and over actuated exhaust cam time on passenger side. I took it into the Ford dealership, and they re-programed the pcm, and said there might be an alternator issue. I left and traveled about 15 min and light came back on. Cost of this was 100.00. After I returned to the dealership, they had kept it overnight and said that the alt was the issue. They would like me to fork out 435.00 for new alt and labor. So heres my issue with this, if the alt was causing it there should be more than 1 solenoid bad, and not to mention there are allot of electronics that also would be failing too. They reported to me that the RF field coming from it was too much. Now I have not read anything about an alt issues with these cars, but have seen some VCT issues with the older cars, and trucks. Im planning to replace the solenoid on Friday, but am wondering if there is a test to check the phazer and make sure its working? Becuase some where around here we are entering warranty areas that are not well defined. Like for example VCT, and phazer should have something to do with pollution control, and that warranty is for 5 years, so need some help on this....thxstargate1.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Would be helpful to start with which dtc's it showed.

If the work is not under warranty do not go to a dealer.

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page