$1200 for gears??? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmustgt View Post
Both gear set either ordered through Ford or Ford Racing are same gear set. Just boxed in different box
What are you talking about? I was referring to the price he paid for labor.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Garage
PW Pony:

That $850.00 included parts and labor. Ford will not provide warranty on installation of Ford Racing Parts.

Jedi D.

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediDave View Post
PW Pony:

That $850.00 included parts and labor. Ford will not provide warranty on installation of Ford Racing Parts.

Jedi D.
Still too much, and I wouldn't worry about a warranty om them anyway, besides any reputable shop will warranty their work. 12k mile warranty? Yeah I'll hit that in 6 months or less.

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way

Sean Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediDave View Post
PW Pony:

Jedi D.
Maybe "Your" Ford Dealer wont.....But MOST Ford Dealers Will...As the are Exactly The Same Gears (As Stated) FRPP Gears just come in a Fancier Box!!.......

Sean.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW_Pony View Post
What are you talking about? I was referring to the price he paid for labor.

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiZ_65 View Post
My labor for Install was like $400. In a different thread much like this one, pretty much anyone located near a major city was paying at least $400+ for the install.
I see that you live in LA , where did you get your gear install?

2012 mustang v6 performance package, power mods: airraid intake, borla s-type exhaust, appearance mods: saleen front grille, hood spears, roush side spliters, 2013 tail lights, retro fitted head lights with led and hid, shorty antena, black deck lid, gt500 steering wheel, oem take off leather seats, retro black shift knob, suspension mods: koni shocks/struts, sr springs, gt500 top mounts, panhard bar, lca.
1994 mustang gt 5.0
PONY Member

Honestly, I'd jump all over that for that price.

If they did both my mustangs and gave me a $200 discount.
GT Member

Those who cannot do the work cannot complain about the price. All you can do just shop around that's it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page