2014 Mustang GT ONLY Track Key!! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Ohh that's cool. Any rumors on whether this will come to earlier production models with the Coyote engine? I bought a '13 GT premium back in September and would love to get that sound on my car. From what I understand, nothing has changed from the '13 to '14 model years.

2013 Mustang GT Premium
-MT82, 3.31, 19" rims. Completely stock (for now)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
S197 Member

I wonder if it's a special ECM or what? Did they just have a ton of leftover BOSS 302 ECM's lying around and go.. "Hey, lets put these in the last of the production 14's!" Pretty cool really, I'm certainly envious. (but not enough to trade in for a '14 lol)

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
Apprentice

This will be a must-have for me! I've been leery of aftermarket tunes and my car is a manual built on 8-5-13 - so this feels like a great fit for me.

'14 Grabber Blue GT - Base 300A, Track Pack, Recaro seats - Mods: SCT X4, BBK long tubes and X-pipe, Roush axlebacks, MGW shifter, BMR LCAs and UCA w/ mount
'93 Reef Blue LX 5.0 - 5-speed, black interior, factory A/C delete - GT40P Top End, 5-Lug/4-Wheel Disc - SOLD

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Would love to have a 2-step at the convenience of a key. Interesting. Too bad I'm outta this one.

2013 GT Premium, Brembo's, Track Pack, 6MT, Recaro's, Reverse Sensors/Camera, GT500 A/B, BMR Springs, Strange 10-way Adjustables w/GT500 Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, 20" Staggered Vossen CV2's/Nitto Invo's.....BMR UCA/Bracket, BMR LCA's, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets being done soon.
PONY Member

The Track key for the Boss cost $302.00. I have seen it as low as $260.00. Then you have to pay shop labor to install, usually an hour or two labor.
No peak HP or TQ gains, been proven many times. For the Boss, Track key did require & use a dual path ECM, so maybe the late 14's & future Mustangs will have as standard equipment.
The 'lopey idle' is just a gimmick that makes it sound like you have an old school cammed engine.
Check into the warranty before installing, especially if you opted for any extended powertrain warranty.

2012 Race Red Boss 302 # 1055
Previous Mustangs;
Torch Red 2006 GT
20 Yrs of Mini-vans
Grabber Blue 1970 Boss 302
Lime Green 1969 Notchback Coupe
Maroon 1967 Vert
Apprentice

I really want to know why this does not extend to cars made before 7/1/13 in the 2014 model year? What part is different that allows the 7/1/13+ cars to utilize the Track Key?

I'm just bitter because my 2014 GT was built prior to 7/1/13 and I really want to tune my car, but I don't want to risk voiding my warranty. So basically I really want a factory approved tune, and this is it! But I can't have it!!!

UPDATED:
I emailed Ford Racing Direct to ask. Here is the response:

"It is probably related to the setup of the dash cluster protocol. You can call 800-367-3788 for more information."

Wonder what that means. Looks like the number to Ford Racing. I will call them tomorrow.

2014 Base GT Black, 6-speed Manual, Tech Package and 3.73 Gears
MODS: GT500 Axlebacks / Cat Delete / Pypes X-Pipe / Strut Tower Brace / OEM leather seats / Black 19" Brembo Wheels / Steeda CAI / BBR 93 Oct Tune / Roush Lowering Springs / BBR Panhard Bar / Whiteline LCAs / Barton Shifter / 8 Ball Shift Knob / JLT Oil Catch Can / Shorty Antenna / RTR Chin Spoiler / CDC Grill / Drilled Rotors / Black Calipers / Hawk HPS PADS
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I'm only interested in the launch control feature, would be cool to have it but other stuff not so much, the Outlaws are doing a great job for sound pleasure

13' Mustang GT 5.0L Grabber Blue 401a, 6spd manual, Brembo brake pkg with Boss radiator, engine oil cooler, Torsen differential & 3.73 gears. Back up camera with Navigation.
Mods - Flowmaster Outlaw, Roush front, side, rear splitter. Roush hood scoop + quarter window louvers, Barton 2 piece shifter bracket
PONY Member

Just get a lope tune from a reputable tuner, and the sct programmer has a 2 step function you can adjust yourself.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrishMasher View Post
I really want to know why this does not extend to cars made before 7/1/13 in the 2014 model year? What part is different that allows the 7/1/13+ cars to utilize the Track Key?
It may eventually be available on other Mustang Gts. I suspect that , right now, the priority is on selling the 2014 Mudstang GTs because of the new design of the 2015's. But that is just a guess.

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone
SHELBY GT 350 Member

It'd be really cool if they had this track key set to do pcm controlled rev matching like is available on the new vette.

They probably could except for not having the sensor on the shifter that tells the pcm what position the shifter is being put into like the vette does.

PONY Member

OK, I'm not doing this. I will NEVER do this.

But just for the sake of curiosity, where do I look for my build date?

My cats and dogs taught me as much about life as humans.

I love my friggen car. LOVE IT.
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber14GT View Post

Never say never.

There's a sticker on your driver's side door jamb that shows the month and year of your build date. The exact date is a coded number (easy to decipher) in the margin of the PDF version of your window sticker. Or send your VIN to Deysha and she can tell you.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
PONY Member

Thank you sir.

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber14GT View Post

When did you buy your car?

The date is on the original window sticker too, down at the very bottom under the disclosure statement, under where it says "TOTAL MSRP", mine is 03 12 13.

Also, this part is not even showing on the FRPP site yet, wonder how this got on Ford racing parts direct already?

PONY Member

Built 08 - 06 - 13

Woohoo, I qualify for this Track thing that I don't need and would probably kill myself using. YES!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page