Would you buy a leftover 2012 GT/CS? - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
BOSS Member
S197 Member

So Matthew, how do you like the clutch pedal feel on your new GT/CS ? Pretty light and easy to push isn't it ? I know you said you haven't driven a standard, but I find the pedal pressure on the stock clutch to be so easy, for a powerfull V8 car. Thanks in part to hydraulics maybe. I guess.
Anyways once you do get used to shifting it and get a little extra coin, you cant go wrong with a short throw shifter upgrade. I put a Barton shifter and bracket in mine, and it made so much difference in shifter feel and length of throw. And I don't see a shifter upgrade compromising a warranty.
Anyways, just some food for thought. Enjoy that beautiful Stang !

Maybe you could ask Santa Claus for one

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

WOW that's a nice car man congats. Has it been converted to right hand drive or do you get a permit to stay left hand?
I have a 2001 GT/CS they are the best love driving mine still left hand drive in New Zealand.

1964 Mustang convertible D code Prairie Bronze Metallic with
Palomino Crinkle Vinyl interior.Now fully restored and having fun.
Lives in the Sunny Bay of Plenty New Zealand.
2011 Mustang GT/CS
5L 6speed auto 3.15 diff
Candy Red
Eibach Sports suspension kit
Driven every day
post #63 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013 Thread Starter
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
So Matthew, how do you like the clutch pedal feel on your new GT/CS ? Pretty light and easy to push isn't it ? I know you said you haven't driven a standard, but I find the pedal pressure on the stock clutch to be so easy, for a powerfull V8 car. Thanks in part to hydraulics maybe. I guess.
Anyways once you do get used to shifting it and get a little extra coin, you cant go wrong with a short throw shifter upgrade. I put a Barton shifter and bracket in mine, and it made so much difference in shifter feel and length of throw. And I don't see a shifter upgrade compromising a warranty.
Anyways, just some food for thought. Enjoy that beautiful Stang !

Maybe you could ask Santa Claus for one
Yeah I've gotten pretty used to driving it now. I'll look into an aftermarket shifter and bracket at some point. The only thing I don't really like with the car is the appearance of the shifter, so if I'm going to be changing it for looks I might as well also upgrade the functionality.

Present: 2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

Past: 2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31

post #64 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013 Thread Starter
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coombsy View Post
WOW that's a nice car man congats. Has it been converted to right hand drive or do you get a permit to stay left hand?
I have a 2001 GT/CS they are the best love driving mine still left hand drive in New Zealand.
A Mustang in New Zealand! That's pretty cool. In Canada its left-hand drive anyway, so that's not an issue. I think we are one of the only Commonwealth countries to not have right-hand drive.

I think there would probably be way too many accidents involving American tourists if that was the case, and vice-versa with Canadians visiting the USA.

I was in Australia last year and rented a car. Took me a couple of days to get used to it. My plan is to drop by New Zealand sometime in late February or early March of 2014. I heard April is a really busy month over there?

Present: 2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

Past: 2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

That is a great looking Mustang, Congratulations on the deal and Race Red is the fastest color.. Ha Ha.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	60 th Bday 007 (Medium).jpg
Views:	233
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	294626  

Chuck
Rookie

Thumbs up NZ

Hey Mat yer we have a 1964 Convertible and a 2011 (sorry got that wrong in last message) GT/CS same as your new car which my wife drives every day to work it's cool all right still left hand drive.
If you are coming down under send me a PM and we would love to show you around the Sunny Bay of Plenty ( I live at Mt Maunganui which is about 2.5hr away from Auckland New Zealand). We are active in the local Mustang club.
We are off to USA in April to drive Route 66 in a Mustang it's my wife's 50th birthday gift form me.

Keep in touch.
Graham.

1964 Mustang convertible D code Prairie Bronze Metallic with
Palomino Crinkle Vinyl interior.Now fully restored and having fun.
Lives in the Sunny Bay of Plenty New Zealand.
2011 Mustang GT/CS
5L 6speed auto 3.15 diff
Candy Red
Eibach Sports suspension kit
Driven every day
post #67 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013 Thread Starter
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coombsy View Post
Hey Mat yer we have a 1964 Convertible and a 2011 (sorry got that wrong in last message) GT/CS same as your new car which my wife drives every day to work it's cool all right still left hand drive.
If you are coming down under send me a PM and we would love to show you around the Sunny Bay of Plenty ( I live at Mt Maunganui which is about 2.5hr away from Auckland New Zealand). We are active in the local Mustang club.
We are off to USA in April to drive Route 66 in a Mustang it's my wife's 50th birthday gift form me.

Keep in touch.
Graham.
Cool man! That sounds good. I'll let you know what my plans are. Nothing is set in stone yet, but we are eyeing late February/early March as the target time frame.

Rookie

great deal, i picked up my used 12 gt/cs in aug had 5k mi on it..removed the ford bar from the grill..did road trip from MO to Ca,had a blast ran perfect..running a BAMA 91 tune here in kaleforneia..........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2157.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	766.5 KB
ID:	295802   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2134.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	654.4 KB
ID:	295810  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page