Why so many problems with 2011 Mustang - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRizzo View Post
Having a list of problems with my 2011 mustang v6 prem. When I pick up the car new after leaving the dealer my power seat failed started making noise then stop working. Not a problem with the dealer they fixed it, new seat track. Then I started having problems with automatic trans, until they finally solved the problem as bad relays in the trans. After that the leather on seats started to wear, they had to replace the leather top and bottom. When my battery started leaking acid on the garage floor I got really concerned. They had to replace the battery and cable. Just last weekend the power seat failed on the passenger side and the hill decline button on the trans stop working. I also had a noise in the rear end that sounded like a bad bearing but told me my tires are the problem. I do not think I should be having this many problems with just 28835 miles on the car. Anybody else having this many problems?
Hello JRizzo,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Are you experiencing any concerns now? If so, Im happy to get them escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Understand about the tire noise which sounds like a bad bearing. I got this car because it was a much better, quieter ride than the imports(Honda, Toyota). That lasted about 14,000mi. till those Pirelli P Zero Nero's started making noise. Have 20,000mi now and they just keep getting louder. Rotating tires and keeping correct pressure does not help.

Other than that, car is still a pleasure to drive.

From the Swamp, Lenny
2012 Mustang 3.7/M6 Prem-Pony
2011 F150 XLT SCab 3.7
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L454S View Post
Understand about the tire noise which sounds like a bad bearing. I got this car because it was a much better, quieter ride than the imports(Honda, Toyota). That lasted about 14,000mi. till those Pirelli P Zero Nero's started making noise. Have 20,000mi now and they just keep getting louder. Rotating tires and keeping correct pressure does not help.

Other than that, car is still a pleasure to drive.
Congrats! That's lots better mileage than most of get out of those starter tires.

2017 GT350, Lightning Blue, no stripes, black roof, convenience pack

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amstung View Post
Congrats! That's lots better mileage than most of get out of those starter tires.
First time I heard the P-zero referred to as a starter tire. It is reputed to be a quality tire. What do you suggest is a longer life/higher quality all season?

2012 V6 Auto / MPT Performance-Street Tune (5.0 Killa)

Apprentice

Had mine for 22K miles for 2 1/2 years. Only problem was an A/C compressor leak that was replaced under warranty. I still freaking love my car!

2012 GT Premium//Kona Blue, Stone Inter, 6 MT, Electronics Pkg, Comfort Pkg, Security Pkg, Rear Camera, GT 500 A/B, silver stripes, 35% tint, Pioneer speakers, Cervini Type IV hood, J&M Extreme LCA// Arrived 6/13/11
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzcat View Post
First time I heard the P-zero referred to as a starter tire. It is reputed to be a quality tire. What do you suggest is a longer life/higher quality all season?
I agree that it is a quality tire. They are very sticky when new, but since those tires are made with relatively soft rubber (which is why they are nice and sticky,) I only get 9K to 14K miles out of a set, depending on how much canyon driving I do. (That's why I congratulated you.)

I'm not suggesting any tire to anyone. Everybody drives differently and has different needs. The Hankooks I replaced my Pirelli's with only have a 200 treadwear rating, so they'll need replacing soon too. Tires with higher treadware ratings, like 500, will be more expensive, but might be a better value.

I have not yet tried Michelin SuperSports, but it sounds like a lot of people on this forum like them a lot.

2017 GT350, Lightning Blue, no stripes, black roof, convenience pack
Rookie
S197 Member

Let's see. New ring and pinion and related bearings (problems are back but haven't gone to the dealer yet), lower control arms replaced, shaky driver side rear view mirror (dealer claims ford won't warranty the fix), random rattles in the passenger door that I fixed, passenger seat pleats are coming up.
Car is a blast to drive. Sounds amazing and I still get lots of compliments. All these issues, small and large, on top of having to debate with the dealer every time I've gone in will probably keep me from buying another ford; at least as a daily driver.
GT Member

Quote:
Having a list of problems with my 2011 mustang v6 prem. When I pick up the car new after leaving the dealer my power seat failed started making noise then stop working. Not a problem with the dealer they fixed it, new seat track. Then I started having problems with automatic trans, until they finally solved the problem as bad relays in the trans. After that the leather on seats started to wear, they had to replace the leather top and bottom. When my battery started leaking acid on the garage floor I got really concerned. They had to replace the battery and cable. Just last weekend the power seat failed on the passenger side and the hill decline button on the trans stop working. I also had a noise in the rear end that sounded like a bad bearing but told me my tires are the problem. I do not think I should be having this many problems with just 28835 miles on the car. Anybody else having this many problems?
Gee you make it sound like the car is having complete melt down
Apprentice

I wonder if the leaky battery was cause or symptom for all your electrical problems...if the car was running on too low of voltage and stressing or constantly resetting the computers. Electrical problems are the worst.

USEFUL LINKS
.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php
.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp
.wheelweights.net
.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/aftermkt.htm
.autos.aol.com/
.cargurus.com
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Ok thank you just brought the car in for oil change today, the car is garage kept but we just discovered that the paint on the hood is bubbling up like its rusting on the car. I am hope Ford will fix this problem.
FordService

Quote:
Ok thank you just brought the car in for oil change today, the car is garage kept but we just discovered that the paint on the hood is bubbling up like its rusting on the car. I am hope Ford will fix this problem.
Your service manager is in the best position to look into this for you, JRizzo. He will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page