Why so many problems with 2011 Mustang - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Why so many problems with 2011 Mustang

Having a list of problems with my 2011 mustang v6 prem. When I pick up the car new after leaving the dealer my power seat failed started making noise then stop working. Not a problem with the dealer they fixed it, new seat track. Then I started having problems with automatic trans, until they finally solved the problem as bad relays in the trans. After that the leather on seats started to wear, they had to replace the leather top and bottom. When my battery started leaking acid on the garage floor I got really concerned. They had to replace the battery and cable. Just last weekend the power seat failed on the passenger side and the hill decline button on the trans stop working. I also had a noise in the rear end that sounded like a bad bearing but told me my tires are the problem. I do not think I should be having this many problems with just 28835 miles on the car. Anybody else having this many problems?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013
GT Member
V6 Member

No. A couple of odd problems fixed under warranty. Overall pretty pleased. Sorry yours sucks so bad.

2012 Kona Blue V6 6MT Pony package. 2.73 rear end, comfort package, Charcoal leather interior.

Driving it since 5/09/2011

Mods: Ford Mustang STB, Epco Rally stripe shifter ball, AFE non-oiled Air filter, Airaid mid pipe, GT500 Splash Guards, Ford Racing Rear Sway bar links and bushing kit, BMR rear LCA's, Bilstein monotube shocks, Eibach Pro-kit Springs.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013
PONY Member

After 3 years, almost 20,000 miles (Summer driving only) not a single problem, not even a warranty issue. (knock on wood!)

2011 GT Premium 6M convertible. Sterling Gray w/401A package, charcoal seats w/grabber blue stripe. Security package. Roush front fascia, splitter and rear wing. Black bullit wheels with 18x9 front, 18x10 rear. FRPP suspension. FRPP x-pipe. Roush axle-back exhaust w/square tips. JLT carbon fiber CAI with custom tune. Carbon fiber engine cover & coil pack covers.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013
PONY Member

3 1/2 years and almost 20,000 miles, just the drivers power seat motor and the Passenger side (could be drivers side?) lit Mustang door sill wouldn't change colors. Thats the only trouble i've had.

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

2 1/2 years and 19k miles and the only issue was creaking lower control arms. Fixed under warranty. Sorry about your bad luck, JRizzo.

Rob

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
23 months and 20k miles, no problems here.

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Sorry OP. Sounds like the answer to your question is "no."

2017 GT350, Lightning Blue, no stripes, black roof, convenience pack
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

The only problem I have had is a fuel pump,replaced under warranty,otherwise the car has been perfect also has A/T also perfect.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013
GT Member

Sounds like a lemon, sorry for your troubles.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
PONY Member
S197 Member

I got the cylinder 8 problem after 2 years...my shop rebuilt it with 302 internals.

2011 Mustang GT black. Mods: JLT CAI, JBA Long Tube Headers Catted H-pipe, GT500 axle back, Bama 93 Race tune, Koni STRTs, Speeda Sports, GT500 mounts, BMR LCAs, relo brackets and panhard bar
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire009 View Post
I got the cylinder 8 problem after 2 years...my shop rebuilt it with 302 internals.
Was that on a stock engine or did you have a tune??
PONY Member

Sound like you got a friday night shift car. Get rid of it.

1987 5.0 LX ( sold in 92)
2011 GT/CS Convertible .Electronics package,
Security package,HID headlights,comfort package
BOSS Member
S197 Member

I have two Mustangs. A 2011 and a 2012. Yes I have a few minor problems with both. But you cant buy a perfect car. When I look at all the good qualities, I soon realize that I can live with the imperfections. Maybe the OP got a lemon. In that case, I sympathise. But all in all , the Mustangs that are built as late, are as good as it gets.
And this is coming from an old school, they don't build them like they used to veteran.
So, OP, if your car is not what you wanted, it is only a car, move on, to something else. It isn't the end of the world. Ive owned quite a few cars in my day. And spent plenty of time and money and time on all of them and in the end, they are only cars.
Anyways, enough preaching. So either enjoy it, or get rid of it.After all, it probably wont be the last car that you own. :smartas

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
Was that on a stock engine or did you have a tune??
I had a bama tune. After they rebuilt my engine they did a dyno to check the tune and everything was good. My car was just one of the ones that was built in the time that others were who had that problem.

2011 Mustang GT black. Mods: JLT CAI, JBA Long Tube Headers Catted H-pipe, GT500 axle back, Bama 93 Race tune, Koni STRTs, Speeda Sports, GT500 mounts, BMR LCAs, relo brackets and panhard bar
Apprentice

2011 Brembo GT here... Been my DD since March 2011. At 32k, runs like a raped ape still. Couldn't be happier, no problems except I can't seem to hit Ford's advertised MPG

'11 5.0 SG 6MT Brembo 3.73 Borla S-Type Catback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page