New wheel scratched during mounting. - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

I'd almost rather buy my own tire machine and do it myself than take it to anyone around here at this point. There is an art to doing low profile tires and no one around here seems to be worth a flip at doing them. This stuff happens all the time. It's just that people either don't look close enough or don't care. If people looked, they would probably be replacing half of the wheels that ever ended up on the machine.

I had a friend that worked at a tire store and they got all of my business because he worked there. And even though he probably got some pretty good tips from those that care about their wheels, $400 a week salary for a guy with 12 years experience didn't cut it and he moved on to greener pastures. A tire changer is kind of the low man on the totem pole.

2013 DIB 301A / Auto / Recaro / Brembo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

I'm assuming you bought the tires from the shop that damaged your rims?

Did you pay them with a credit card? If so, you could call the card issuer and explain the situation and they might reverse the charges. After all, they didn't perform the service you paid for.

I've had to do that in the past only a couple of times (using a Visa), and it worked both times.

post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Nope bought the rims from LMR and the tires from AM.

2012 GT Premium/Race Red/6MT/3.73 gears/Borla S-type

Ordered-9/27/11
Build-10/28/11
ETA-11/20/11

Apprentice

That's the problem with ordering things online. I ordered my wheels online but have learned from experience that tires should be bought locally, a good tire shop that you buy your tires from will put a little air in and fix a leak for free as opposed to bringing them something that you bought somewhere else. Sometimes its ok to pay a little extra for something if your going to get better service. I bet if you had bought the tires there they would be willing to work with you a little more. All that being said it dosent make up for some tard trying to force a tire on. those marks on the inside are where the mounting machine grabs the wheel there is no doubt in that you may have problems balancing that wheel next time also.

2011 GT, Coil overs, Headers Back, 20x9 front, 20x10 back, Intake, Tune, SCT Livewire.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Got back my wheel today and it turned out better than i expected. Couldnt really tell where the scratches used to be.

2013-12-13 14.49.40 by *KNGOFQNS*, on Flickr

2013-12-13 14.52.49 by *KNGOFQNS*, on Flickr

Sumitomos next to the Pirelli Neros

2013-12-13 15.51.50 by *KNGOFQNS*, on Flickr
Here is a pic of it on as promised.

2013-12-13 15.39.12 by *KNGOFQNS*, on Flickr

2013-12-13 15.39.48 by *KNGOFQNS*, on Flickr

2012 GT Premium/Race Red/6MT/3.73 gears/Borla S-type

Ordered-9/27/11
Build-10/28/11
ETA-11/20/11
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Great to hear that everything worked out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Apprentice

Glad your happy, that's what matters.

2011 GT, Coil overs, Headers Back, 20x9 front, 20x10 back, Intake, Tune, SCT Livewire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page