Anyone install Premium OEM Pedals in their Base GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Anyone install Premium OEM Pedals in their Base GT

I'm pretty clear on how to get the clutch and brake pedal on, but how in the world do you get the gas pedal on?

1998 2014 Ford Mustang Manual Pedal Kit Takeoff Part | eBay

I also see on Ebay some of these OEM kits come with a screw for the gas pedal and some don't. The ones without the screw are half the price. Any insights on this?

2014 Base GT Black, 6-speed Manual, Tech Package and 3.73 Gears
MODS: GT500 Axlebacks / Cat Delete / Pypes X-Pipe / Strut Tower Brace / OEM leather seats / Black 19" Brembo Wheels / Steeda CAI / BBR 93 Oct Tune / Roush Lowering Springs / BBR Panhard Bar / Whiteline LCAs / Barton Shifter / 8 Ball Shift Knob / JLT Oil Catch Can / Shorty Antenna / RTR Chin Spoiler / CDC Grill / Drilled Rotors / Black Calipers / Hawk HPS PADS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013
PONY Member

For the brake and clutch pedal covers, soak them in some hot water to soften the rubber. While they're still warm, set the top of the cover in place on the pedal and work down both sides.

Jim T.
Present: 2018 Mustang GT (MT): Shadow Black

Past: 2007 Mustang GT Premium (MT), 2010 Mustang GT Premium (MT)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by green97probe View Post
For the brake and clutch pedal covers, soak them in some hot water to soften the rubber. While they're still warm, set the top of the cover in place on the pedal and work down both sides.
Thanks for the warm water tip, but as I said above "I'm pretty clear on how to get the clutch and brake pedal on, but how in the world do you get the gas pedal on?" Any insight on this?

MODS: GT500 Axlebacks / Cat Delete / Pypes X-Pipe / Strut Tower Brace / OEM leather seats / Black 19" Brembo Wheels / Steeda CAI / BBR 93 Oct Tune / Roush Lowering Springs / BBR Panhard Bar / Whiteline LCAs / Barton Shifter / 8 Ball Shift Knob / JLT Oil Catch Can / Shorty Antenna / RTR Chin Spoiler / CDC Grill / Drilled Rotors / Black Calipers / Hawk HPS PADS

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrishMasher View Post
Thanks for the warm water tip, but as I said above "I'm pretty clear on how to get the clutch and brake pedal on, but how in the world do you get the gas pedal on?" Any insight on this?
The OE Ford covers that I've installed have had doublesided tape on the back of the gas pedal cover. All I had to do was clean the bare pedal with alcohol and stick the cover onto it.

Jim T.
Present: 2018 Mustang GT (MT): Shadow Black

Past: 2007 Mustang GT Premium (MT), 2010 Mustang GT Premium (MT)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013
Apprentice

I tried to install them on my 2014 and it didn't work. The double sided tape and screw models will only go on the gas pedal that is able to be unscrewed from the rear of the pedal. For some reason, my gas pedal is not removable. I checked with the dealership and they said that some models come with a one piece gas pedal. The double side tape is designed to replace the stock gas pedal and not to fit over the existing one. Hope this helps.

2014 Saleen Mustang White Label 14-013: Vortech V3 supercharger, Lund Tuned, ID1000's, NGK iridium plugs, Airaid CAI, BMR upper control arm and mount, BMR lower control arms w/ relocation brackets, BMR adjustable panhard bar and support brace, koni sport struts/shocks w/ GT500 strut mount, GT500 Brembo brake upgrade, CS fog lights, Stillen chin spoiler, Barton Shifter and two post bracket, Plasti-Dipped hood vents, and various Saleen parts and accessories.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsSaleen View Post
I tried to install them on my 2014 and it didn't work. The double sided tape and screw models will only go on the gas pedal that is able to be unscrewed from the rear of the pedal. For some reason, my gas pedal is not removable. I checked with the dealership and they said that some models come with a one piece gas pedal. The double side tape is designed to replace the stock gas pedal and not to fit over the existing one. Hope this helps.
That answers my question. Looks like I would have to order the whole pedal assembly.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013
Apprentice

OEM pedals are a waste of money. Save up and buy Sullivan Racing Products pedals.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013
GT Member
5.0L Member

I looked into this as well. The base GT pedal is all in piece. Just get the ones from AM. Basically the same thing.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013
PONY Member
5.0L Member

+1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by califsp View Post
OEM pedals are a waste of money. Save up and buy Sullivan Racing Products pedals.
SRP pedals are awesome. Plus you can customize if you want, smooth, grid, cross hatch, and colors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page