Ford Mustang Forum banner

Anyone know about the ULEV II emissions?

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Sporadic311 
#1 ·
So I am about ready to pull the trigger on a new 2014 mustang gt track package. I live in Texas where the emissions are not as strict as say California. Looking at the pictures on the dealerships webpage I noticed something. There is a white square sticker on the car labeled Vehicle Emission Control Information. On one part of the sticker it says this (California: Certified for sale ULEV II qualified PC). There are four of the same mustang gt track packages but different colors same price. I looked at another group of 2014 mustang gt track packages a little cheaper and less options and they say (California: Not for sale in states with California Emissions Standards). I just got pre-approved for a loan and now I am not sure about getting this car if it is an Emissions Regulated Vehicle. The window sticker says that the final assembly was in Michigan. As far as I know they are not on the same strict level as California. Why is this Emissions sticker different than the other mustangs? Is it possible this car was meant for another state but this dealer happen to get it? Is there less horsepower on the ULEV II cars? I don't know what's what. Can anyone shed some light on this?

#2 ·
It's very possible the car was previously allocated to a state with stricter emission standards (MI is not one), but it ended up at the other dealership. I wouldn't be overly concerned about purchasing it there if it's the color you want and has the equipment you like.

There's no HP/TQ rating differences between different emission standards among vehicles.

#4 ·
Autonation Katy is who has the one I want. That Emissions Sticker is bothering me though. I know it might sound stupid but until I find out what the difference is I will not get it. One thing that concerns me is that I have read if you go to mess with the exhaust or anything to do with emissions it will throw a check engine light. I have also read that the part #'s and parts might be a little different Example: Sensors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.