2 different tune manufacturers, same mods....Track Times - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014
Californicajun
Guest
 
Californicajun's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
2 different tune manufacturers, same mods....Track Times

Ok, I went to the track today in SW Florida about an hour from my house, Bradenton Motorsports Park. It was a great sunny day and the air temp was 70-75 degrees, with 50% humidity.

I have the mods in my signature and I went there with the Bama 93R tune installed.
Here were my times for the first 3 runs:
Time Speed 60ft R/T
1) 13.16 112.30 2.2 .292
2) 12.62 113.66 2.0 .109
3) 12.60 114.44 2.0 .206

Then I returned it to stock and loaded the Lethal Performance Jon Lund 93 Street Tune
(Not incinuating anything, just needs datalogging I guess)
Here were my times for the next 3 runs:
Time Speed 60ft R/T
1) 12.88 112.02 2.04 .227
2) 12.83 110.85 2.02 .278
3) 12.73 107.92 1.99 .031

So with those results, I wasn't 100% excited, so....I returned the car to stock again and loaded the BAMA 93 Race tune again.
Here were my times for the next 2 runs:
Time Speed 60ft R/T
1) 12.47 114.46 1.97 .047
2) 12.45 114.60 1.96 .128

After this....I called it a day. I know that to drastically improve my times, I need a set of drag radials and I would like to change to 3.55 gears.

A lot more time on the track of course would help, so I'm working on it obviously.
What are you guys thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bradenton 2.png
Views:	190
Size:	918.2 KB
ID:	304961  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014
Apprentice
 
A3Herman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 76
 
Your 60ft times improved nicely. But the facts speak for the Bama tunes. Not the results I would have guessed. Nice runs overall!


2012 Mustang GT CS / Performance White / Black Leather / 302-MT82 / 3.73 / HID lamps and fogs / Bama tune / K&N air filter
A3Herman is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member
 
Sharad's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Fort Myers
Posts: 6,462
       
12.45 @ 114 is right about where that car should be. (I bet if you looked up the DA, it wasn't stellar) UPR's 2013 5.0 A6 is only a tenth quicker than that, but on DRs. You have a BOSS intake and our car doesn't, but I'm sure you know that's not helping your ET much at this point. (it'll help more as you build a higher hp - higher rpm combo)

The car will run low 11s with a gear, a converter, and drag radials, but I'm not sure if that's the direction you want to head with that car.


Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Sharad is offline  
 
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014
Rookie
 
dbb2797's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Rochester
Posts: 14
 
Those numbers do sound about right on the stock tires and stock gears. Looks like the DA was about 750 at your track today according to the online calculator.

If you get a good set of drag radials, you'll knock a good 2-3 tenths off your times and potentially even more with shorter gears too.

On the Bama 93R tune in my 11 GT, I've run 12.175 at 116.51MPH in about 950 DA. That is on 4.10 gears and MT ET Street DR's in my auto.
dbb2797 is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014
PONY Member
 
mrsandman's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 400
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3Herman View Post
Your 60ft times improved nicely. But the facts speak for the Bama tunes. Not the results I would have guessed. Nice runs overall!
How? He got his worst time with the Bama tune


Basically.. you got better with practice.. but you seem to do better with the Bama in the 60 foot.... and the top speed is noticeably better with the Bama... (trying to avoid favoritism here.. )

Build2 2011 Kona Blue GT. Premium, Brembo Package, 3.73, Glass Roof.
mrsandman is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-13-2014
BOSS Member
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Malvern
Posts: 4,254
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californicajun View Post
Ok, I went to the track today in SW Florida about an hour from my house, Bradenton Motorsports Park. It was a great sunny day and the air temp was 70-75 degrees, with 50% humidity.

I have the mods in my signature and I went there with the Bama 93R tune installed.
Here were my times for the first 3 runs:
Time Speed 60ft R/T
1) 13.16 112.30 2.2 .292
2) 12.62 113.66 2.0 .109
3) 12.60 114.44 2.0 .206

Then I returned it to stock and loaded the Lethal Performance Jon Lund 93 Street Tune
(Not incinuating anything, just needs datalogging I guess)
Here were my times for the next 3 runs:
Time Speed 60ft R/T
1) 12.88 112.02 2.04 .227
2) 12.83 110.85 2.02 .278
3) 12.73 107.92 1.99 .031

So with those results, I wasn't 100% excited, so....I returned the car to stock again and loaded the BAMA 93 Race tune again.
Here were my times for the next 2 runs:
Time Speed 60ft R/T
1) 12.47 114.46 1.97 .047
2) 12.45 114.60 1.96 .128

After this....I called it a day. I know that to drastically improve my times, I need a set of drag radials and I would like to change to 3.55 gears.

A lot more time on the track of course would help, so I'm working on it obviously.
What are you guys thoughts?
That's awesome! Once you get a hang of the launch a little better you'll see some really good times. I'm impressed with the times you were able to get with Street tires! It's really cool to see that your Bama custom tune is performing really well, thanks for sharing this with us.

Generally if you cut 1 tenth off of your 60ft, it's 2 tenths of your time so I definitely recommend a set of drag wheels. I have a bolt on 2011 GT and was able to run an [email protected] with slicks and skinnies on a 90* day!

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMDanBailer is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-13-2014
Californicajun
Guest
 
Californicajun's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharad View Post
12.45 @ 114 is right about where that car should be. (I bet if you looked up the DA, it wasn't stellar) UPR's 2013 5.0 A6 is only a tenth quicker than that, but on DRs. You have a BOSS intake and our car doesn't, but I'm sure you know that's not helping your ET much at this point. (it'll help more as you build a higher hp - higher rpm combo)

The car will run low 11s with a gear, a converter, and drag radials, but I'm not sure if that's the direction you want to head with that car.

I'm going to get a set of drag radials here pretty soon, so that should help a lot. I am also goung to check into a little beefier suspension.

I keep hearing about the circle D torque converters, but at $1,150 not including installation, that's a hard pill to swallow.

As far as gears go, I hear conflicting reviews. Some say that I'll get better times with a 3;73 for an auto and others will tell me that my ET will increase because of where the gears shift if I had 3,31's or just left in the stok 3'15's.
I need some assistance and clarification with the gearing info.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-13-2014
Californicajun
Guest
 
Californicajun's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
That's awesome! Once you get a hang of the launch a little better you'll see some really good times. I'm impressed with the times you were able to get with Street tires! It's really cool to see that your Bama custom tune is performing really well, thanks for sharing this with us.

Generally if you cut 1 tenth off of your 60ft, it's 2 tenths of your time so I definitely recommend a set of drag wheels. I have a bolt on 2011 GT and was able to run an [email protected] with slicks and skinnies on a 90* day!

-Dan
Thanks Dan. I'm gonna take that advice and look at a set of drag tires and also some suspension mods to go with them.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014
Californicajun
Guest
 
Californicajun's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbb2797 View Post
Those numbers do sound about right on the stock tires and stock gears. Looks like the DA was about 750 at your track today according to the online calculator.

If you get a good set of drag radials, you'll knock a good 2-3 tenths off your times and potentially even more with shorter gears too.

On the Bama 93R tune in my 11 GT, I've run 12.175 at 116.51MPH in about 950 DA. That is on 4.10 gears and MT ET Street DR's in my auto.
I like those times you got. I agree that different gears and tires should even get me into possibly the 11's.
Californicajun
Guest
 
Californicajun's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
That's awesome! Once you get a hang of the launch a little better you'll see some really good times. I'm impressed with the times you were able to get with Street tires! It's really cool to see that your Bama custom tune is performing really well, thanks for sharing this with us.

Generally if you cut 1 tenth off of your 60ft, it's 2 tenths of your time so I definitely recommend a set of drag wheels. I have a bolt on 2011 GT and was able to run an [email protected] with slicks and skinnies on a 90* day!

-Dan
What gears do you have in your '11? Is it an auto or MT?
BOSS Member
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Malvern
Posts: 4,254
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californicajun View Post
Thanks Dan. I'm gonna take that advice and look at a set of drag tires and also some suspension mods to go with them.
Yeah, that's a great idea! I current run 17x4.5" Racestars up front and a 15x8 Racestar out back. I'm also running upper and lower control arms to help with the launch! It is definitely a completely different animal.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance or if you have any questions!

-Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californicajun View Post
What gears do you have in your '11? Is it an auto or MT?
3.73 Gears and it's a Manual!

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMDanBailer is offline  
PONY Member
 
Macabre's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 511
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californicajun View Post
As far as gears go, I hear conflicting reviews. Some say that I'll get better times with a 3;73 for an auto and others will tell me that my ET will increase because of where the gears shift if I had 3,31's or just left in the stok 3'15's.
I need some assistance and clarification with the gearing info.
That and first gear in the auto is extremely short. It's got a ratio over 4 I believe.
Macabre is offline  
SHELBY GT 350 Member
 
Sharad's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Fort Myers
Posts: 6,462
       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californicajun View Post
I'm going to get a set of drag radials here pretty soon, so that should help a lot. I am also goung to check into a little beefier suspension.
If only you had a friend who sells suspension...
PS- we need to go for a ride so I can hear those mufflers! (which I'll probably buy from American Muscle)


Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Sharad is offline  
PONY Member
 
scottmach's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: East Haven
Posts: 525
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californicajun View Post
I'm going to get a set of drag radials here pretty soon, so that should help a lot. I am also goung to check into a little beefier suspension.

I keep hearing about the circle D torque converters, but at $1,150 not including installation, that's a hard pill to swallow.

As far as gears go, I hear conflicting reviews. Some say that I'll get better times with a 3;73 for an auto and others will tell me that my ET will increase because of where the gears shift if I had 3,31's or just left in the stok 3'15's.
I need some assistance and clarification with the gearing info.
While a converter is more expensive it will yield much better results over gears. I've been 11.79 with the stock converter, stock intake, and stock 3.15's. It's about choosing the right parts.

2015 Mustang GT Premium Sold

2011 Mustang GT Premium Sold

2003 Mach1 Sold
2.3 Whipple, fully built motor with all the bolt-ons 718 rwhp/735 rwtq Sold
scottmach is offline  
Californicajun
Guest
 
Californicajun's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharad View Post
If only you had a friend who sells suspension...
PS- we need to go for a ride so I can hear those mufflers! (which I'll probably buy from American Muscle)
I need your help on tire choices etc. let me know when you have an hour or two to take a ride and give suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1