Can someone tell me which wing I have - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Can someone tell me which wing I have

I know there were multiple wing options on our cars, and ive seen a couple of different ones locally, but nothing exactly like mine. I don't think its aftermarket or anything, but I was thinking about getting a different one because it sits up so high and I think the GT500 ducktail would look really sweet on there. I was thinking its a California Special wing, but I honestly don't know. Can someone tell me which one this is? It also has a black plastic or something underneath it if that helps.

Back shot..

Crappy side shot...

Thanks

Greg
2011 Race Red GT

Just an old married guy (with kids) and two expensive hobbies...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014
MACH I Member

Looks like a California Special spoiler to me.

2018 GT350 - Race red

2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

+100000 lol it's a cs

Current
12 5.0 white A6 stormtrooper 18x9 18x10 amrs borla s types tru fiber 3in cowl , gt500 spoiler, mmd louvers now to performance and suspension
11 5.0 black on black 6mt comfort package , bama tune, airraid cai, elenor scoops, side scoops, gt500 wing, speeddawgs shift knob gb. Vortech blow - sold
2005 V6 grabber blue , elenor hood wing scoops , foose rims 18x9 18x10 , Bama tuned, dual exhaust. Sold

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

That's what I was thinking. Huh was that an option you could get when ordering the car?

Greg
2011 Race Red GT

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014
GT Member

Also known as a pedestal wing. They can come Mustangs with certain packages other than a California Special.

2011 Red Candy /build 2/1/11/ 401A
MT with Redline MTL/ Brembos/355's/glass roof
Shaker 1000/Scoops/Clear bra/Steeda UCA and PH bar
Redline hood lifts/Bilsteins with Ford Racing P springs & axle bks
UPR catch can/whiteline kdt928/MGW shifter with Epco ball
Shaftmasters DS/BMR loop & relocation brackets
Nitto 555 G2's/Steeda jack rails
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014
PONY Member

I agree w/ dusman. Your car is almost my car's twin. I have the #5 accessory package.

That includes:
Decklid panel
Hood scoop
Louvers
Side scoops
Pedestal spoiler

2010 Torch Red GT Premium. 5speed, 19", security package, HID's, comfort package, 3.73, American Thunder Flowmasters.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014
Apprentice
S197 Member

It comes with trim package 5. I ordered it for my car and later the CS front valance. All this monkey business because you could not get Brembo brakes with the CS because the calipers didn't clear the CS wheels. I think it is the best spoiler of the bunch.

2011 GT 5.0 Premium 401a, MT82, Glass roof, Brembo, Comfort, 3.55, accessory trim 5 (scoups, flat panel, Pedistal spoiler)
mods: CS front valance with fogs & Roush harness, Roush side splitters, LMP sport hood, RTR rear valance, MRT hood struts, invisible bra, Corsa Extreme & X pipe, anniversary staggered wheels, Steeda shifter, Oracle LED halos, Ultra Silverstar.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014
Rookie

California special i believe

2011 Mustang 5.0 black auto
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-2014
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Garage
It is a "pedestal spoiler" and in 2012 was available on any trim level but was part of the CS and Option #5 packages.
Unfortunately you will have 4 left over holes in your deck lid if you change it to a G500 style.

2012 GT Prem. Black, 6MT82, Brembo Package, Rear Sensing Security Package, Appearance Package #5 ,3.73 LS Axle, GT500 Axle Backs, MGW Shifter, FRPP Tune.
Rookie

for sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleg View Post
I know there were multiple wing options on our cars, and ive seen a couple of different ones locally, but nothing exactly like mine. I don't think its aftermarket or anything, but I was thinking about getting a different one because it sits up so high and I think the GT500 ducktail would look really sweet on there. I was thinking its a California Special wing, but I honestly don't know. Can someone tell me which one this is? It also has a black plastic or something underneath it if that helps.

Back shot..

Crappy side shot...

Thanks
If your car is race red I would be interested in purchasing your spoiler if/when you decided to replace it. Email me if so.
[email protected]
thanks
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Sorry man, after I found out that I would have to have the holes filled in and the trunk repainted I decided to keep what I have. Its kind of grown on me now.

Greg
2011 Race Red GT

PONY Member

Pedistal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusman59 View Post
Also known as a pedestal wing. They can come Mustangs with certain packages other than a California Special.
I have the same one on my 2014 GT. And I don't have the Cal. special.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page