Buy 2014 now or wait for better deal? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Buy 2014 now or wait for better deal?

Hi everyone, i'm new to the forums here. I've been looking to buy a new 2014 base automatic mustang v6. It's all I can afford... The local dealers in my area have been advertising the model i'm interested in for about 17,900-18,900 as loss leader cars. This is with a sale price and approximately 3000 in rebates. I'm in no hurry to buy a new car. I'd like to save as much as possible.

my question is-- will rebates and incentives be much better come august/September when the 2015's start to hit the lots? I have no problem waiting 6 months to buy my car if it saves me some money.

Also, I've heard a lot of talk about some 750 dollar mustang brochure coupon. I hear they're hit or miss. Do you have to wait to get the coupon in the mail? or can you simply call up customer service and request a brochure (and hopefully coupon) be sent to your email?

any feedback would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014
Rookie

personal experience it could be a hit or miss… when i bought my 2012 i was actually looking to order a 2013 before they were even on lots yet. but i ended up buying a special ordered 2012 in december 2012 because there was a $5000 off incentive plus a $1000 costco member incentive which the 2013 didn't have

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014
Rookie
S197 Member

I havent bought a new one in a while but the going knowledge says you get better deals toward the end of the model year. You might sacrifice availability of cars with options you want though, having only leftovers to pick from. If you decide to add options at your expense, it could cost the same or more in the end. If it were me, I'd hit the dealerships now. Go to several of them, even if you have to drive a bit and start hard bargaining. You could find similar cars that a dealer is willing to work with you on price then take that offer to other dealers and try to get them to beat the previous offer. If this isn't for a DD but a toy, you have the ball in your court.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014
Apprentice

my reasoning for the great rebates now is that mustangs don't sell well in the winter months. to obtain a $750. coupon, go to:

2014 Ford Mustang | Download a Brochure | Ford.com

scroll down to the part where you can request a hard MAILED COPY of the brochure to your home. Check-off that you are going to purchase a mustang in the next 30 days. Use your first and last name in the mailing address. Then the following day, go in and do it again using only your middle and last name. You should get two brochures a couple of days apart. One of them should have a coupon. I tried it and ended up with two $750. coupons. I could only use one though.

1966 Olds 442 - 4sp.

1979 Dodge L'il Red Express Truck
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014
PONY Member

I tried getting the $750 coupon back last August when I was looking to buy and all I got in my brochure was some special financing which I didn't need since I have excellent credit. I finally got a $750 coupon through my email this past December when it did me no good.

Wayne

2014 GT, Sterling Gray, base model, Automatic
GT500 AB, GT500 OTA pipes
Ford STB
Bob's oil catch can
Ford aluminum finned diff. cover
Ford all weather floor mats
Ford trunk liner and cargo net
Ford locking gas filler plug and wheel locks
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014
PONY Member

And the coupon is more of a MIR, you do it with the dealership, they have to do some things, then you get a check in the mail. I used mine to pay for the majority of my plates (got a 750, and plastes were 822)

2012 Mustang GT Premium, MT-82, Kona Blue Metallic, Factory 3.73's
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014
PONY Member

Another thing, if you wait "for a better deal" It may never be as good of a deal as that. Just saying. So If the car is what you want, then get it, if your ok with spending that kind of money.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014
Rookie

The rebates run until the end of March. For my '14 black v6 auto I paid 20,400 OTD about 3 weeks ago. That includes the 1500 in CT taxes that I got porked with. Car was 17600 after rebate and haggling, the rest was dest, doc/tags and tax. I figure you could get it for 20K otd depending on your states taxes.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintmann111 View Post
The rebates run until the end of March. For my '14 black v6 auto I paid 20,400 OTD about 3 weeks ago. That includes the 1500 in CT taxes that I got porked with. Car was 17600 after rebate and haggling, the rest was dest, doc/tags and tax. I figure you could get it for 20K otd depending on your states taxes.
thanks, for the information. I live in California our tax rate is about 8%. I just checked online and one of the ford dealerships in my area has a new 2014 white auto v6 advertised for 16990. (seems like this is the price of their loss leader stang almost every week)

22995 msrp
-3000 dealership sale price
-2000 ford credit
-1000 factory rebate

Also, the company I work for offers the ford x plan. from what I understand I should get the incentives on that price which would save me about 800 dollars.

Finally I could try to get one of those 750 dollar brochure coupons.

Hate to sound cheap, but i'm back in collage and every little bit helps
PONY Member

Just be careful, i originally went to buy a v6.... the salesman was a devil and "brought the 5.0 key just in case"... and that was the end of that... went from a 19k msrp car to 38k msrp car.... IDK how i left with a car on order that was double the MSRP i was looking at originally.... dammit... haha BUT I absolutely love my car.

Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinton2003 View Post
Another thing, if you wait "for a better deal" It may never be as good of a deal as that. Just saying. So If the car is what you want, then get it, if your ok with spending that kind of money.
Just a note on top of what you said if you order a vehicle while one set of rebates is out (like i did ordering 12/18) and then it get's delivered when the next set is out and the rebates when you ordered it were better then the sales manager I talked to said that they have to uphold the better deal.

Just a thought since you said you didn't mind waiting then you could order what you really want and get the better rebates if they change.

2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Black,401A Brick Red w/ Cashmere Accent, Elec Pkg, Rev Cam, Comfort Pkg
Ordered:12/18/13 VIN: 01/21/14 Window Sticker Online: 02/04/14 Scheduled: 01/21/14 Built: 02/10/14 Original ETA: 02/25/14 Delivered: 02/17/14 Home: 03/08/14
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman50 View Post
my reasoning for the great rebates now is that mustangs don't sell well in the winter months. to obtain a $750. coupon, go to:

2014 Ford Mustang | Download a Brochure | Ford.com

scroll down to the part where you can request a hard MAILED COPY of the brochure to your home. Check-off that you are going to purchase a mustang in the next 30 days. Use your first and last name in the mailing address. Then the following day, go in and do it again using only your middle and last name. You should get two brochures a couple of days apart. One of them should have a coupon. I tried it and ended up with two $750. coupons. I could only use one though.
Perfect advice. Just sent a request for a brochure. An extra $750 can come in handy when I pick my car up in 3 weeks

2014 Race Red 5.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page