Ford Mustang Forum banner

what oil type do you use in your coyote engine for mustang gt? also what octane?

what type of oil do you use in your 11-14 GT?

25K views 70 replies 56 participants last post by  wildhorse44 
#1 ·
Just want to collect some information since my first oil change is coming up soon and on the fence about going synthetic vs conventional, or blend. sorry if this has been done before but i didnt see it right away.

#66 ·
I got my 2014 GT 5.0 with 4390 miles on it back in February and changed the oil using MotorCraft 5W20.......will switch to Mobil I 5W30 at 10K miles!!:grin:
I have 260K miles on my '04 Marauder 4.6 with a ProCharger and used Mobil I it's entire life.....good stuff!!:wink:

#68 ·
I use any brand name (Pennzoil, QS, Castrol etc.) 5W20 full synthetic that I get on sale and use a Wix 51372 oil filter. I think what I buy is full synthetic anyway at least that is what it says on the label. I don't use the other 'premium' oils (Amsoil, RP, Redline) since they never go on sale.

My tune is set for 87 octane. I might try a higher octane sometime but at $.75 per gallon more, it isn't worth it (for me).
I have lots of power that I don't use 'properly' now anyway. Too many cops out there with radar guns catching us criminals and fill quotas.

#69 ·
Do you guys think running a thicker viscosity for a supercharged coyote is smarter than the recommended 5w20? ....I've run 5w20 all its life, but I'm charging my stang next month and I think I'm going to go to 5w30.

#70 ·
I asked my tuner when I installed my procharger and he said its definitely a good idea, currently running RP HPS 5w30.

Reactions: ChiZ_65
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.