Front Bumper (replace or repair?) - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks!! NICE!!

"To find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium- Black (Comfort Package, Reverse Sensing & Security Package, Brembo Package)
-1997 Lincoln Town Car (Executive Series)
-1989 Lincoln Towncar (Signature Series)
-1973 Volkswagen Bus (Weekender)
-2001 Kawasaki Vulcan (1500 Classic)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I am really striking out with these bumpers, they're sold out and no one seems to have 13-14 bumpers, only 11-12!!!

-2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium- Black (Comfort Package, Reverse Sensing & Security Package, Brembo Package)
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

So I caved and decided to call the dealer for the front bumper. They said, 13-14 are the same, except boss package.it costs 350 (unpainted). I believe it is OEM FORD, (What else would they sell right?)And he said 400-600 to paint it. Depending on color.What do you think guys?

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschpow View Post
So I caved and decided to call the dealer for the front bumper. They said, 13-14 are the same, except boss package.it costs 350 (unpainted). I believe it is OEM FORD, (What else would they sell right?)And he said 400-600 to paint it. Depending on color.What do you think guys?
If I remember I'll scan my quote in after work today but that sounds right. I think the place I'm using was 325 for the part unpainted and the rest of the price was paint ~550 and that was painting stripes back on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2000 V6 - Ruby Red Convertible
2014 GT premium - [Ordered (4/27/2013), VIN (5/17/2013), Window Sticker (5/29/2013), Built (6/11/2013), Picked up (6/18/2013)]:, Deep impact blue, Glass roof, GT Coupe PKG 5, 401A blue, Reverse SNS/SEC PKG, Comfort PKG, GT Track Package
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Ok that sounds good!My part costs 325 unpainted and to paint it black, another 325, I'm paying 100 more than you.Is it still a good deal (from the dealer)? Should I shop around more?

Apprentice

Quote:
Ok that sounds good!My part costs 325 unpainted and to paint it black, another 325, I'm paying 100 more than you.Is it still a good deal (from the dealer)? Should I shop around more?

Well my total cost is about 900. Only reason I didn't try the dealer was because this place did my stripes so I wanted to stick with them but 650 seems good for total cost

2014 GT premium - [Ordered (4/27/2013), VIN (5/17/2013), Window Sticker (5/29/2013), Built (6/11/2013), Picked up (6/18/2013)]:, Deep impact blue, Glass roof, GT Coupe PKG 5, 401A blue, Reverse SNS/SEC PKG, Comfort PKG, GT Track Package
Rookie

Front bumper

Hi, it's difficult to see the extend of the damage from the pictures but unless you do car shows, what I did on mine is I took off the rear bumper cover and with a heat gun I slowly warmed the rear side of it and molded it back into place with gloved fingers.
Then I polished the bumper hard and you could still see the spidery cracks when you wanted to see them. Given the abuse that these bumper covers take, for me it was good enough.
PONY Member

I had an incident with my stock front bumper as well. Ended up replacing with the roush front bumper. Wasn't hard to do and. Love it. You should look into that.

DELIVERED: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium, Kona Blue, Black Leather Interior, HIDs, 3.73, Security, 19 inch Painted Aluminum Rims - Roush: Front Valance, Front/Side Splitters

Washington State 5.0 Owner's Thread:

allfordmustangs.com/forums/west-coast/240489-official-washington-state-5-0-owners-thread.html
Rookie

Quote:
I came to my car to see that it has been hit on the front bumper.

After calming myself down, (it took awhile)

I began thinking, is this damage something I can repair at a shop or is it more practiccal to replace the fornt bumper cover. Anyone else been through this???

I am trying to post pics
Guy recently went into the back of me and damaged the bumper - the new OEM rear bumper was very cheap - I think like $128.00, unpainted. Front one may be slightly more but I think a repair might cost much more than that and it'll never be right.
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Dang, i already ordered mine.

How much do the Rousch's cost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilram11 View Post
I had an incident with my stock front bumper as well. Ended up replacing with the roush front bumper. Wasn't hard to do and. Love it. You should look into that.

PONY Member

Quote:
Dang, i already ordered mine.

How much do the Rousch's cost?
I think it was 500...

DELIVERED: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium, Kona Blue, Black Leather Interior, HIDs, 3.73, Security, 19 inch Painted Aluminum Rims - Roush: Front Valance, Front/Side Splitters

allfordmustangs.com/forums/west-coast/240489-official-washington-state-5-0-owners-thread.html
Apprentice

Mine just went to the shop yesterday to replace the front bumper cover and put on my side stripes.

post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I called Rousch, they say they take the existing front bumper cover and add in the lower grill delete, fog lamp change and the upper grill, for the 13-14 this is what they do.

As for the one I ordered ( i might do that down the line). I will uninstal and reinstall it myself, since it doesn't seem that hard (plus saving me money) 650 right out of my pocket on this one guys

I was looking into getting stripes done. You know how much that would cost??

Apprentice

Quote:
I called Rousch, they say they take the existing front bumper cover and add in the lower grill delete, fog lamp change and the upper grill, for the 13-14 this is what they do.

As for the one I ordered ( i might do that down the line). I will uninstal and reinstall it myself, since it doesn't seem that hard (plus saving me money) 650 right out of my pocket on this one guys

I had stripes painted on to my car for 1800 but I have a glass roof so figure a little more if you have a normal roof.

PONY Member

Quote:

You're doing the roush or just replacing the standard one?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page