Rebroke the seal - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Talking Rebroke the seal

After a year of being responsible and leaving the mustang alone after going back to school...I finally ordered up some new parts.

Eibach adjustable sway bars
Shaftmaster one piece aluminum drive shaft
SR performance LCAs
Whiteline transmission mount insert

Can't wait to get them on and see the difference! Hoping it'll make a considerable difference in handling and "driving feel".

Anybody with pos/negative experiences with any of these parts? Planning to drill out the middle of the transmission insert to keep the NVH down

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014
Apprentice
S197 Member

I'm definitely interested in hearing your results with these mods, especially the shaftmasters DS.

What exactly are the transmission mount inserts supposed to do though?

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWin View Post
I'm definitely interested in hearing your results with these mods, especially the shaftmasters DS.

What exactly are the transmission mount inserts supposed to do though?

supposed to reduce some of the notchiness between gears, especially around corners. Put one in my old GTI and remember liking the difference. They're under $40.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014
Banned

Yeah I cant not go full tard myself. I JUST picked up a 2012 V6 and already bought a JLT CAI (which im not going to use) and a tuner. Bad thing is it was a third party warranty. But I dont expect them to replace anything that the mods break. Thats why Im going with Steeda parts and tune only. If their stuff is co-engineered with Ford then it should be pretty darn safe.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaracen View Post
After a year of being responsible and leaving the mustang alone after going back to school...I finally ordered up some new parts.

Eibach adjustable sway bars
Shaftmaster one piece aluminum drive shaft
SR performance LCAs
Whiteline transmission mount insert

Can't wait to get them on and see the difference! Hoping it'll make a considerable difference in handling and "driving feel".

Anybody with pos/negative experiences with any of these parts? Planning to drill out the middle of the transmission insert to keep the NVH down
TheSaracen,

Great list of mods for sure man! You're taking care of all the little things that bugs me about these cars. Like the notchy transmission and two piece DS. Once you upgrade these, it feels like a whole new car!

I think you'll certainly enjoy the sway bars too. Is your Mustang already lowered too?

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014
GT Member

I put my Transmission mount on on Sunday and it was removed by Tuesday. The vibration and the harmonics that come with it were unbarable. I might cut the whole bottom lip off and see if that helps. I'm not opposed to NVH but that was ridicoulous. It's a hit or miss as some don't get much more NVH.

Kona Blue 2012 GT Premium, Brembo, 3.73, AED Tuned, Corbeau CR1 seats with Harness, Koni Yellows, Steeda Sport Springs, Strano F/R adjustable sway bars, BMR LCA & PHB, Lethal O/R H, GT500 Axelbacks, Boss Pod w/ Prosport Gauges, Boss/CS F&R facsia'a, Goodridge SS lines, Boss Brake cooling ducts, Boss splitter, Roush side splitters, Saleen Grill. Mustang Dyno 379 HP & 371 TQ
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
TheSaracen,

Great list of mods for sure man! You're taking care of all the little things that bugs me about these cars. Like the notchy transmission and two piece DS. Once you upgrade these, it feels like a whole new car!

I think you'll certainly enjoy the sway bars too. Is your Mustang already lowered too?

Shane

Thanks, yup I'm lowered on Ford P springs and Koni orange shocks. Wheels, intake/tune, exhaust etc. besides that. I thought I was done, but at the end of the day the little things still make a big difference.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2014
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks, yup I'm lowered on Ford P springs and Koni orange shocks. Wheels, intake/tune, exhaust etc. besides that. I thought I was done, but at the end of the day the little things still make a big difference.
Nice! All the more reason to upgrade the sway bars. You'll see a lot more response from them with lowering springs and Koni dampeners.

How about the control arms? Are they stock?

I agree with your statement there. The little things really do show when driving any car. Especially a muscle car like the Mustang!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I installed everything except the drive shaft over the weekend (still in the mail) and thought I'd post some initial impressions.

SR performance LCAs - I installed these first and drove around for a day before adding anything else. The rear feels much more planted with these, even on a brembo GT, which I've heard already have stiffer LCAs. For $120 it's a no brainer, should have done it a long time ago.

The pieces themselves looked well constructed and high quality. Had some slight difficulty getting one of them to reach the bracket sufficiently to get the bolt through. After some cussing and elbow grease later, I got the bushing to stretch enough to get the bolt through.

Whiteline transmission mount insert - I cut about 1/2 inch off the lower lip before installing after reading some of the stories of extreme additional NVH. The part works as advertised, the shifter feels is improved. The increase in NVH was pretty substantial still but so far pretty pleasing to me. The car feels more visceral with more vibration coming through the shifter, steering wheel and floorboard. Some people may not like this. We'll see how it gets on in daily driving. If it gets to be too much I'll go back and cut the remaining lip off. Overall very satisfied, another no brainer for $40

Installation was much easier than expected. I did this mod on my old GTI and had to wrestle and beat it into place, but this just slid right in with a little white lithium grease. Put the car on ramps in the back and stands on the front, unbolted the crossmember and done.

Eibach Adjustable Sway Bars - These made a huge difference in the car's ability to hold a turn and obliterated the understeer I had. Currently set to the middle setting, although I may try to move it to full stiff. Combined with the LCA, it almost feels like a completely different car. Before I'd sometimes wonder if my car had too much power to be used safely and have fun in everyday driving - the front end seemed to wash out in harder cornering and wasn't confidence inspiring. This modification took care of that, and has given me much more confidence in the corners. The car really sticks now and feels solid all the way through.

The kit was very high quality. I was impressed with the machining of the end links and how well everything fit together. Installation was very straightforward and went easier than planned. The rear end was especially easy, took about 30 min. after having it in the air. The front is a little more involved and requires removing a plastic cover and metal support, but no big deal. Note to self, when fitting brackets that are still loose, don't work from directly underneath it. Had one of the brass fitting fall on my face from about 10 inches and open up a cut.

Shaftmaster one piece aluminum drive shaft - TBD

Overall very satisfied with all results so far and looking forward to getting the drive shaft in there. Would recommend each of these products to anyone looking into them.
Apprentice

Quote:
I installed everything except the drive shaft over the weekend (still in the mail) and thought I'd post some initial impressions.

SR performance LCAs - I installed these first and drove around for a day before adding anything else. The rear feels much more planted with these, even on a brembo GT, which I've heard already have stiffer LCAs. For $120 it's a no brainer, should have done it a long time ago.

The pieces themselves looked well constructed and high quality. Had some slight difficulty getting one of them to reach the bracket sufficiently to get the bolt through. After some cussing and elbow grease later, I got the bushing to stretch enough to get the bolt through.

Whiteline transmission mount insert - I cut about 1/2 inch off the lower lip before installing after reading some of the stories of extreme additional NVH. The part works as advertised, the shifter feels is improved. The increase in NVH was pretty substantial still but so far pretty pleasing to me. The car feels more visceral with more vibration coming through the shifter, steering wheel and floorboard. Some people may not like this. We'll see how it gets on in daily driving. If it gets to be too much I'll go back and cut the remaining lip off. Overall very satisfied, another no brainer for $40

Installation was much easier than expected. I did this mod on my old GTI and had to wrestle and beat it into place, but this just slid right in with a little white lithium grease. Put the car on ramps in the back and stands on the front, unbolted the crossmember and done.

Eibach Adjustable Sway Bars - These made a huge difference in the car's ability to hold a turn and obliterated the understeer I had. Currently set to the middle setting, although I may try to move it to full stiff. Combined with the LCA, it almost feels like a completely different car. Before I'd sometimes wonder if my car had too much power to be used safely and have fun in everyday driving - the front end seemed to wash out in harder cornering and wasn't confidence inspiring. This modification took care of that, and has given me much more confidence in the corners. The car really sticks now and feels solid all the way through.

The kit was very high quality. I was impressed with the machining of the end links and how well everything fit together. Installation was very straightforward and went easier than planned. The rear end was especially easy, took about 30 min. after having it in the air. The front is a little more involved and requires removing a plastic cover and metal support, but no big deal. Note to self, when fitting brackets that are still loose, don't work from directly underneath it. Had one of the brass fitting fall on my face from about 10 inches and open up a cut.

Shaftmaster one piece aluminum drive shaft - TBD

Overall very satisfied with all results so far and looking forward to getting the drive shaft in there. Would recommend each of these products to anyone looking into them.
I'm thinking of getting LCAs because after lowering my car, my stang feels a bit too tail happy. Do you know if the LCAs prevent oversteer by keeping the rear end planted more?

I just know it helps eliminate wheel hop under hard acceleration, bit that's not a problem for me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 Sterling Gray V6
Steeda Ultralite* Tokico Spec D* Steeda HD Mounts
MRT Interceptor Mufflers

To relax, some people love to meditate. Some love yoga. Some listen to soothing music. I relax by hearing the roaring sound of my mustang carving through a curvy canyon road, inhaling fresh air, steering with sweaty palms, looking in the rear view mirror for cops, and speeding with a grin on my face.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page