Hood Deflectors - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I would be careful about screwing something to the hood. If for some reason the underside of the hood had it`s paint chipped, you could wind up with the dreaded bubbling & corrosion problems.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv View Post
I would be careful about screwing something to the hood. If for some reason the underside of the hood had it`s paint chipped, you could wind up with the dreaded bubbling & corrosion problems.
I highly doubt any of these products requires drilling holes into the underside of the hood or anything like that. I'm sure they all come with mounting hardware like the OEM.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
PONY Member

How about just a piece of plastic deflector that you just push on the front of the hood and close it before you go? No screws and no tape?

'11 GT Premium , kona blue stick, 3:55's, Brembo , Roush axle-backs, etc. + '95 rio red GTS

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightdogsbarkin View Post
How about just a piece of plastic deflector that you just push on the front of the hood and close it before you go? No screws and no tape?
Bit too shoddy for my taste. Especially for a 5 day trek.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv View Post
That's right! If you start screwing things to the bottom of your hood, make sure you don't accelerate hood bubbles by screwing things into your hood without the proper protection and accelerating that problem.

'11 GT Premium , kona blue stick, 3:55's, Brembo , Roush axle-backs, etc. + '95 rio red GTS
PONY Member

Did you decide anything?

I'm still voting on the dip

MY RIDES
2013 Performance White GT Premium: Tune, CAI, Flowmasters
1970 Mustang 351 Cleveland: MANY mods and improvements
2012 Ford Focus: Rims, Steeda CAI & Tune, Steeda Pro Springs, Steeda Front & Rear Swaybar, Steeda Rear Toe End Link, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteLight View Post
Did you decide anything?

I'm still voting on the dip
I've been looking heavily into painters tape and I think that's the route I'm going to go.

post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014 Thread Starter
GT Member

UPDATE:

Decided to go with the multi-surface 3M painter's tape which was the option with fewest question marks (and lowest cost). Relatively easy to put on, if time consuming. If you can find rolls that are thicker, it will go much faster...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20140707-WA0009.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	541.8 KB
ID:	362433   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140707_223603.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	542.4 KB
ID:	362441  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page