Ford Mustang Forum banner

Trouble free Ownership

4K views 39 replies 37 participants last post by  BOSS MAN 13 
#1 ·
I know everyone comes here & posts about the problems they have had with these cars, & that`s not a problem. I`m just curious how many have had a problem free experience owning a 2011+ Mustang.

So far, I have had two 2013 models, one V6, & my present GT `Vert, & although I only had the sixxer for a year, & I`m going on 6 months with the GT, I have to say both cars were/are absolutely flawless (knock on wood). Any one else have the same experience??

#28 · (Edited)
Wow, I reading people that have had it for 6-8 months with only 2-3k miles on it?

Why does no one actually drive their mustang?
Half the posts in the thread are unless as their cars still have a new car smell.

People with 2+ years and/or over 40k miles should only be posting, I would be interested to see how many people have had trouble free cars also, but that actually drive their cars.

#29 ·
People with 2+ years and/or over 40k miles should only be posting, I would be interested to see how many people have had trouble free cars also, but that actually drive their cars.
Here you go

2012 GT here 46K miles after almost 3 years of ownership and it's never been back to the dealer for anything. just starting to see a small bit of bubbling on the front edge of the hood but I wouldn't consider this an issue on an all weather daily driver.
Is the MT82 notchy when cold ? Yes but tell me a manual trans that isn't.
The 2 biggest issues I had with the car where the shifter and how quiet the exhaust was. Solved both of those a couple years ago with MGW and GT500's.

#33 ·
My car only has about 5,700 miles on it since last August but has been trouble free. I did have to have the radio display screen replaced under warranty but I really don't count that as it didn't affect how the car drove and operated. I think I may be getting some rear end whine but am not sure. It might just be noisy tires. I'm still liking this car regardless.

Wayne

Reactions: kenv
#34 ·
Bought my 2011 new with 8 miles on the odometer. Had a minor hiccup with the traction control once during the first few months, but it went away later that day and never occurred again. "Growing pains". :) ...I haven't had any problems at all though. And if you look at my signature, I've screwed around with this thing pretty good. And to think, back in 2011 we were having debates on "Voiding" the warranty with mods. HA! ...Glad I made the right decision!

#35 ·
Not me. 8,600 miles. '13 vert premium.

Steering rack needs to be replaced. Front end driver side knocks on bumps. Recall for computer still not done. Now I have the cracked-looking radio display.

I just don't have time to take it in and haven't now for over a year. I understand that there are always problems with cars, but this Mustang is very problematic. I'll be going back to my previous car brand soon.

Good luck. You'll need it.

#37 ·
I've had my '13 vert for about two years and have accumulated 32,000 miles. It's a DD and I haven't had an issue that required dealer service. I take it to my Ford QuickLane for oil changes at 5,000 mile intervals. Still enjoy driving it and can't think of another car I would like to drive at this price point (unless I get the fever for a 2016 vert).

#38 ·
No problems here at under 34k miles, not even one squeak or tick (knock on wood) I'd say its the best built, and most reliable of all the cars I've owned , 70 351 mustang fastback, 99 trans am firebird, 04 GT stang, 05 jetta, 08 Tahoe ltz, 09 cobalt lt, and 2012 focus se..

my 13 mustang has no squeaks, no ticks, no defects and no problems!

#40 ·
My car has been great too. I realized the XL 18 trans additive wasn't installed from the factory, my dealer provided it, and BAM, instant nice shifting transmission. The only thing I did was replace the stock shifter with an MGW, not that the shifter didn't work, it just was very vague and made the car hard to drive. Other than that, for 8K miles no issues, awesome car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.