Ford Mustang Forum banner

Trouble free Ownership

4K views 39 replies 37 participants last post by  BOSS MAN 13 
#1 ·
I know everyone comes here & posts about the problems they have had with these cars, & that`s not a problem. I`m just curious how many have had a problem free experience owning a 2011+ Mustang.

So far, I have had two 2013 models, one V6, & my present GT `Vert, & although I only had the sixxer for a year, & I`m going on 6 months with the GT, I have to say both cars were/are absolutely flawless (knock on wood). Any one else have the same experience??

#2 ·
so far flawless as well, aside from grind going into 2nd gear occasionally- but will replace plastic clutch line with braided one soon.
But then again mine is only used during the summer driving season. (14' GT)

#3 ·
We picked our 14 vert up Dec 7th so going on 6 months of ownership. Only have 1600 mile on it and so far it has been perfect. We have owned new GM and Chrysler and I will have to say this has been the best car as far as workmanship. No flaws at all so far.
I am planning on writing up a review based on the miles we have so far but just haven't taken time yet. All I can say so far is we love it.

#4 ·
3 years and 99 44/100% trouble free

I had to replace my SAT antenna under warranty after I shorted it by drowning it while washing. I'll take the blame.

41000 miles and nothing but oil & tires

#5 ·
Six months of ownership and 7,000 miles on my 14 GT convertible. Not a single problem, and so far, of all the cars I've owned over the years, it is one of my absolute favorites.

#6 ·
I have a 2013 GT and have been flawless (I think, as I consider my shifting issues to be user error, not vehicle error).

I only have 6K on my car though.

Other than that, perfect! I love the car.

#8 ·
Two years, four months, and 17,320 miles with my 2012 GT as my DD and nary a problem or complaint, other than the MT82's characteristic balkiness when cold.

Well, maybe one small complaint. I bought the $595 Comfort Package mainly to get the heated seats, and they just don't do the job. I've been in other Ford vehicles (the current Escape, for example) in which the heated seats get hot enough to fry your backside after only a couple minutes. The Mustang's, by comparison, barely get lukewarm no matter how long they're left on.

In terms of reliability, however, the car has been top shelf all the way.

#10 ·
2012 GT with 20k miles. The only issue was the front LCAs which were replaced under warranty. I love this car!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#11 ·
My car was great too, after 6 months and 6k miles! :heha:

After 35k miles and 2.5 years, I can definitely report that the car has not been flawless. I had no outright mechanical failures mind you, but a bunch of noises and squeaks from the rear end that required warranty work. And then the was the passenger side airbag cover that was separating from the car on one corner. Oh and the bubbling paint on the hood. I suppose I could have just kept driving the car with all those minor issues--though I'd become really annoyed by the car had I done that.

Having said that, my 2012 GT hasn't had any MT-82 troubles, no engine ticking/cylinder #8 problems, and I haven't noticed any abnormal front end noises.

#13 ·
Bought my '11 3.5 years ago with 5.0 miles on it. Now at 30,600. So far, the only issue was a seeping rear shock about 2 years ago that was cheerfully replaced by my dealer while I waited for it. I'm enjoying the car a lot, and can't think of anything that I'd replace it with.

#14 ·
My 2012 V6 6MT is just 3 years old this month racking up 38,700 miles. No major complaints but it hasn't been problem free. I am very pleased overall.

1. threw some fuel system codes. One turned out to be a phantom. The other lead to the fuel sending units on both sides getting replaced. I ran out of gas as a result. Fixed under warranty.
2. rear suspension clunking. Replaced the sway bar links. Fixed under warranty.
3. front edge of hood paint bubbling. I sanded and touched it up myself. No claims made.
4. rear end is squeaking at the moment. I just need to grease some fittings.
5. this winter I had the cold gear grind for the 1st time. Happened twice. I want to swap out my tranny fluid this summer.
6. one front speaker blew. I replaced the pair myself.

Not bad really.

#18 ·
No problem!:handshake

#17 ·
Well mine has certainly not been trouble free:

-catalytic converters X2 replaced under warranty
-alternator replaced under warranty
-MT-82 replaced under warranty
-MT-82 output shaft bearing replaced under warranty
-crank position sensor TSB done under warranty

My car is a 2011 with 15,600 miles on it. I bought it used with 2,200 miles on it. The previous owner had:
-the flywheel bolt recall done under warranty
-MT-82 rebuilt

My car was a lemon, but I've weathered so many of these issues, that I'm going to ride it out as I hope at this point we've gotten rid of all the bugs.

#22 ·
Have only had it since August and have about 10,500 km on it but so far I have had 0 complaints. I'm actually thrilled with how great of a 4-season car it can be, and we had the worst winter snow wise that we've had in decades (since well before I was born).

#23 ·
6 months and 7,300 or so miles. No reliability / mechanical issues at all. I consider the balkiness of the MT-82 a character flaw rather than a failure or reliability issue. Biggest complaint for me so far is a rattle somewhere in the right rear interior area that I just cannot seem to locate. Comes and goes but is more prominent when turning right, unloading the suspension on that side. It's also more noticeable when it's cold out. Drives me nuts!

Having driven mostly Toyotas and a Lexus, I'm impressed with the initial quality. Six months and 7,300 miles is hardly a test in my book though. I'm gonna wait until she has 5-6 years and 75K+ miles on her to make any final judgements.

#26 ·
2012 GT owned for 2 years, 3 months, under 13,000 miles.

Only issue was car not shifting after not having trickle charge during storage.

No ticks, no squeaks, wish the stock exhaust was louder and wish the heated seats got just a bit warmer too.

#27 ·
The 2012 is approaching 2.5 years old, 26K miles and has been absolutely perfect in every way.

The 2014 is 3 months old, and just crossed the 2K mile mark. Not a drop of oil burned, which was an improvement over the 2012 (which burned less oil than what most complained about in its own right) and other than my difficulty in adjusting to the softer clutch in the 2014 it has been perfect.

When ever my wife and I end up at the same place at the same time (like the other morning when I got off from work and met her at Dunkin Donuts while she was on her way to work) people look at both cars and see our plates and we usually get a "Wow, Two of THEM?" and a thumbs up.

No real complaints here happy053.gif

Reactions: kenv
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.