26K For 2014 Mustang GT or wait for 2015? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

That seems like a good deal. I just traded in my 2012 GT premium and I got more than that for my trade and bought my 2014 using x-plan.

I thought long and hard about the 2015 before I got my 2014. I don't hate the 2015 looks but I do like the 2014 a little better. With the deals the difference in price is going be in the thousands, not an insignificant number. Final reason is that by now the bugs have been worked out in the 2014 platform so my odds of a trouble free experience are way better with the 2014.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Go with the 2014! The better deal wins and this happens to be a great car to save money on! I love mine!

2014 Mustang V6 MCA DIB
Apprentice

If you like the look of the A5 but want more power and the growl of a big V8, buy the 2015. It has a lot going for it with IRS, it's pretty good looking (though sometimes it looks like a small Fusion) and I read they changed the manual transmission. Lots of cool features as well. I do think it's risky buying the first model year as they have more problems. I also own a 2012 Jeep GC and when I review the TSBs on the Jeep forum there are boat loads for the 2011 and very few for the 2012. Doesn't mean it will happen with your 15 but definitely a higher probability than with a 14.

Lastly - why are you looking to get rid of your A5? I have thought about trading the Jeep in for one from time to time. Love the Jeep but the A5 looks great and seems like it would be a blast to drive.

2014 GT Premium, Sterling Grey, 6 Speed, 3:55 Gears, Comfort Group, GT500 AB, 3dCarbon Spoiler, JLT CC, Boss 302 Alcantara steering wheel, FRPP TrackCal, FRPP Brembos, FRPP Wheels

Apprentice

Garage
I would jump on 14 deal. It's tough to give up IRS from 15 but the first year vehicle worry makes me take 14.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

It seems that money is not that big of a factor in the decision. I say wait for the 2015. What little I've read, it's going to be an outstanding car.

2012 Grabber Blue GT Premium, 6MT, 3:31, Brembo, Nav, Comfort pkg, backup camera.
Goodies: GT500 Mufflers, MGW Shifter, DSS AL Driveshaft, Bondra Clutch pedal extension
Tune: Bama 91 Octane V2 Performance Tune
Suspension: Steeda Ultralite Springs, Koni Yellows, Steeda HD Strut Mounts, Steeda UCA - lowered cars, BMR Adj. Panhard bar
Tires: Continental DWS06 275/40-19
Track Days: Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, 18x10 SVE Drifts with Bridgestone RE-11 285/30
Just for show: Raxiom Smoked tail lights
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Update: I went to the dealer yesterday and am in the process of trying to negotiate for either a better price or better interest rate.

And yes money is a big factor, I am trying to get rid of the A5 because of the high payments and high maintenance costs (freakin $120 for an oil change :0), I have come to the conclusion that getting a 2015 will not lower my payments and may in fact increase it.

If everything goes as planned then i may be the owner of a mustang by tomorrow, I will keep you guys updated.
PONY Member

Never buy a 1st year car, especially from an American car company, especially if its a high performance car. Just dont do it. Get the 2014 GT and if you aren't into it your losses will be far less than if you get a 2015 and dump it in a year or two. You never know if you will like it or not. The Audi may have spoiled you a little, they're great cars.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny33142 View Post
Update: I went to the dealer yesterday and am in the process of trying to negotiate for either a better price or better interest rate.

And yes money is a big factor, I am trying to get rid of the A5 because of the high payments and high maintenance costs (freakin $120 for an oil change :0), I have come to the conclusion that getting a 2015 will not lower my payments and may in fact increase it.

If everything goes as planned then i may be the owner of a mustang by tomorrow, I will keep you guys updated.
You will love the 2014, its such an awesome car. The 2015 is awesome too, its one of those things where either option is a really good one.

2015 50 Anniversary Package GT
2014 Race Red Premium GT Convertible
2003 Silver GT
1981 Ford Mustang Fastback
1966 Mustang Coupe 289 4V
15 years ago 1984 Ford Mustang Hardtop
Rookie

damn thats a hell of a deal, i paid 30,800 for my car and thought i did well base gt no options. im not huge on the looks of the 15 which i saw after i bought my car, i personally dont like when car companies try to make all their cars look similiar.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yada View Post
damn thats a hell of a deal, i paid 30,800 for my car and thought i did well base gt no options. im not huge on the looks of the 15 which i saw after i bought my car, i personally dont like when car companies try to make all their cars look similiar.
For your sake, I hope that was the OTD price.

The important thing is that you love your car though - a few bucks here and there wont mean a whole lot years and thousands of miles down the road. However, the last few months have been full of good deals on 2014's.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
Apprentice

Personally, I'd go the "14" rout. As others on this forum have said, the looks of the new 2015 just don't grab me. The 2014 will be the last time a Mustang looks like a Mustang. The only way the deals get sweeter for the 2014 is for the colors and options that don't sell well.
Rookie

I would try to find a lightly used Boss or GT500. Both options seem like fun investments... I have to imagine the 15 is going to have some of the issues every new model has. The 16 and 17s should have those issues worked out and be a better platform. Also, the aftermarket parts vendors should have better quality parts out by then for your modding needs.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatopotomus View Post
For your sake, I hope that was the OTD price.

The important thing is that you love your car though - a few bucks here and there wont mean a whole lot years and thousands of miles down the road. However, the last few months have been full of good deals on 2014's.
no that was the price before rebates tax financing and all the other bull **** charges.
Apprentice

I opted to get a 14 Mustang since they are offering amazing deals (although mine was nowhere near that good of a deal, I got about 5k off MSRP) because I don't like to get the first model year, however my brother has an 05 Mustang and hasn't had any issues. Also, not sure I really like the styling of the 2015's. If I decide I want one, I'll go for a 2016 or 17, once they works out the kinks.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
SOLD -- 2014 Base GT 6 Speed Manual
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by yada View Post
no that was the price before rebates tax financing and all the other bull **** charges.
What dealer did you buy it from? I bought mine at Mac Haik in Desoto.

2013 DIB 301A / Auto / Recaro / Brembo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page