26K For 2014 Mustang GT or wait for 2015? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

26K For 2014 Mustang GT or wait for 2015?

I want to trade in my Audi A5 for a Mustang GT but i am still debating on whether to wait for the 2015 or jump on the offers for a 2014.

My local dealer offered me a price of 25.5K for a new 2014 GT.

Right now i have 3 options:

1. Jump on this deal right now

2. Wait longer to see if the offers get better as the 2015 approaches

3. Place the order for a 2015

What would you guys do? Do you think the price of the 2014 will go even lower and is the 2015 even worth the almost 7K difference?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014
Apprentice

That is a heck of a deal. Just ask yourself. Do you want the more retro feel and look of the 14 or the new look and IRS of the 15. If you could get a 14 that cheap you could use the difference in price for mods to make it your own.

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014
Apprentice

If you want the 14, pull the trigger. That's what I did, and I very well may end up wanting a 15. However, IMO you never want the first year of a model production. You pay top dollar, you never get the best equipment (Ford has already stated HP will rise in the GT over the original launch of the 15s) and there are often bugs to work out in the first production year of a car. Imagine paying $5000-$7000 more for a 15 than a 14, only for Ford to up HP by 20-40 in the 2016.

My attitude is that I'm going to enjoy the hell out of my 14 vert until the 15 model is in the 16 or 17 model year. Then, if I want one, I will be WELL into an equity position on my current car and can smoothly trade up (and pay less than someone who bought a 15). Perfect.

2014 Pony Package convertible l Deep Impact Blue on Black l auto (current)

2014 Ram Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 l White on Grey l Chrome 20"s l Navigation l Hemi (current daily driver)

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Myself I would do the 2014. Thats a great price and quite frankly I don't care for the new body style, god forgive me! I imagine with time I will adapt but would much rather have the 14.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014
PONY Member

Damn I wish I had enough for a new 5.0. I say 15 just because DAT IRS

Beat 200k and brand new again.
91 gt, b&m Short shifter, upr sub frame connectors, upr lowering springs, electric fan, junkyard 3g upgrade, 255 walbro fuel pump. More to come....

"Why? Because Racecar"
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014
Rookie

I'd go with the '14. It's the last old-school 'Stang forever. 420 horse V-8 and live axle. $25.5K is a super deal.

2012 3.7 manual/Procharger P1SC1 7 psi/3.73 gears/one-piece driveshaft/Magnaflow Street/Kona Blue with "Pinstriping by Howie". Dyno'd hp/ft-lb at wheels 415/335.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014
Global Moderator
Mustang II Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to heavy metal
Welcome to the site!!

Cherish those around you,for at the blink
of an eye,they can be gone.

AFM GLOBAL MODERATOR
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014
PONY Member

Never buy a first year car, especially from an American car company.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014
Apprentice

Before I saw the '15 I had decided to get a '14 GT Premium. I was concerned about the '15 not being completely sorted our. After I saw the '15 I was so happy with my decision; I don't care for the looks of the '15. Someone on one of the forums said it looks like a "Fusion coupe."
Good luck in making your choice.
PONY Member

I say jump on the 2014. For $26K you are getting a HELL OF A LOT of car.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
PONY Member

With the hype on the '15 Mustang, there will more than likely be a 'market adjustment' price making it more than sticker for at least a while. The '14 is the best performance bargain bar none around right now.

2014 Sterling gray GT 6M
Paxton Novi 2200 with torque booser and Lund tune, DW1000 injectors, JMS BAP, ATI damper
Lethal ORP, MGW shifter, BMR upper and lowers, Spicer 1 piece DS, Ram Single disk clutch with aluminum flywheel, Power leather seat conversion. Staggered wheels.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitownpete View Post
Never buy a first year car, especially from an American car company.
Never say never. The 2011 models are pretty damn successful from a quality standpoint. Sure some had issues (#8 cylinder, MT82, startup tick) but the frequency of these issues seems to be in line with any potential issue in any model year. the vast majority of 1st model year owners, myself included are overwhelmingly satisfied with their 2011 cars.

I think the last 4 MYs have an excellent track record and with the amount of R&D that has gone into the 2015 i would expect more of the same. As for "American car companies", we are talking about a 2015 Ford Mustang, not a 1976 AMC Pacer

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs
PONY Member

Is that price for a base car or premium? Either way, that is a great deal as I paid $28,400 for my base model car with auto tranny last August and I got it for $173 over invoice. From what I understand, you cannot order a new 14 any more so I'm assuming that the dealers won't be getting many more cars in as well. Around here, most dealers only have a few GT's or none at all. If you wait, you may not have many to select from.

I personally don't like the look of the 15 so it wouldn't even be a question for me. I also don't buy first model years as I want other people to deal with any teething problems that come up.

Wayne

2014 GT, Sterling Gray, base model, Automatic
GT500 AB, GT500 OTA pipes
Ford STB
Bob's oil catch can
Ford aluminum finned diff. cover
Ford all weather floor mats
Ford trunk liner and cargo net
Ford locking gas filler plug and wheel locks
PONY Member

I wouldn't rush into something just because the car is a good deal. I did that in 2008 with a Crossfire when Chrysler was literally blowing them out the door. It was decent enough, but I got tired of driving it before to long. What do you like about about your A5 and what don't you like about it? If your answer is, I like the way the car drives but wished it had more power, then I think you should wait for a '15. If OTOH, you think the A5 is way too soft, too civilized, underpowered, and you miss the old mustang that you used to own, then I think you should get a '14.
PONY Member

I would go for the 14, thats a heck of a deal right there. Wish I could have ran into something like that last year when I bought my 11. From what I have seen in the past. Ford is going to price gouge the heck out of people when it comes to the 15. When the 05's came out, my buddy paid like 4-5k over sticker price for a screaming yellow 05 GT. I think he has been upside down in his payments since. Everyone is going to want a 15 so they are going to be able to get what they want out of them. Thats just my opinion, and yes my friend was a total idiot.

Greg
2011 Race Red GT

Just an old married guy (with kids) and two expensive hobbies...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page