Help: 2013/2014 V6 Price Reduction Expectation/Purchasing Advice - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

First I would say your target is absolutely reachable. In fact, depending on if a no extra option pkg car is a possibility for you then a v6 premum coupe with the leather, lighting, and track apps might be in the cards too at that point

1) if you haven't already done it, register for the recent grad program on the Ford website. You'll find it by clicking on a little blue banner box on the bottom of the page. Secret here is you need to be either college enrolled or set to graduate between 1/2012 & 2015, I think you fit the bill and it's an extra 500 off the car. Just need a transcript and about 30 seconds to punch in you info and get a code spit back out.

2) go join costco. Membership is 55 or 110 depending on level you choose, but here's the key: they have an auto buying program with negotiated pricing at new car dealers. Visit the costco auto buying website, you don't need the membership number to build and price, see the invoice for a car. Only to find a dealer who participates.

As an example, this month the costco price on a v6 premium was 200 UNDER invoice. Then, you get all the applicable ford incentives and rebates on top of that.

Also, not sure if you have a parent in the military, but if so, that's another 750 off right there.

In my area, the v6 premium carried 4000 ford rebates and incentives, plus 500 college, plus 750 military family member, basically 5250 off what the 200 under invoice was.... but I was pricing cars with better than 3k in extras for around 22000 in a v6 premium with those incentives to give you an idea...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Guys we did it!

Thank you again for all the help and insight. The experience was a first and a definite eye opener to the 'real world'.

I contacted 4 dealers in the Katy/Houston area and they all had similar pricing and very little wiggle room. That said, I was able to get the car for 17.8k plus tax/title/etc. for a 19.3 OTD price. We could have had it for a little under 19k, but the parents insisted on getting Gap and premium warranty in their attempt to ensure I don't get stuck in the middle of no-where texas or decide I'd be covered if wanted to go through all this trouble to purposely break the car.

After the dust settled and debt assigned to my name, the first drive home definitely everything I dreamed of. With no car to use throughout my highschool/college years (Austin, TX please take me back) I've been waiting to have my 'first actual car' that I own (and pay for) and I could not be happier.

She came in Oxford White with Black Charcoal interior. I also went with manual transmission because it is the proper thing to do. I've never driven stick, but have been learning the ropes and definitely have had a few laughs stalling/jerking around in frustration.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	519.0 KB
ID:	354378  
PONY Member

Congratulations! Now don't waste any more time talking to strangers about money or what you paid, you've nothing more to gain at this point. You will have plenty of people who will tell you how they saw one advertised for $12,000 brand new not realizing 90% of advertised prices are a bait and switch scam. You got a beautiful car, great choice. For another 3 grand you could've bought a honda Civic with half the power, hard to believe isn't it?

Apprentice

Nice car and good call on the 6MT. You'll get the hang of it. I always tell people, anyone who knew me at 16 knows that nothing I could do at that age could possibly be that hard.

I'm not sure if the seats are identical (I bet they are, though), but Saleen sells takeoff leather seat covers for $100 if you find that you just can't live with the cloth seats. The cloth is pretty nice though. I've had my car six months and I still sometimes wonder if I should have gone Base instead.

2013 GT Premium 6MT. GHIG, Black/Cashmere 401A interior, Comfort Package, 19" 5-spoke wheels. Two boosters, one RFT card for my parking garage at work, daily driver.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampogi View Post
Guys we did it!

Thank you again for all the help and insight. The experience was a first and a definite eye opener to the 'real world'.

I contacted 4 dealers in the Katy/Houston area and they all had similar pricing and very little wiggle room. That said, I was able to get the car for 17.8k plus tax/title/etc. for a 19.3 OTD price. We could have had it for a little under 19k, but the parents insisted on getting Gap and premium warranty in their attempt to ensure I don't get stuck in the middle of no-where texas or decide I'd be covered if wanted to go through all this trouble to purposely break the car.

After the dust settled and debt assigned to my name, the first drive home definitely everything I dreamed of. With no car to use throughout my highschool/college years (Austin, TX please take me back) I've been waiting to have my 'first actual car' that I own (and pay for) and I could not be happier.

She came in Oxford White with Black Charcoal interior. I also went with manual transmission because it is the proper thing to do. I've never driven stick, but have been learning the ropes and definitely have had a few laughs stalling/jerking around in frustration.
Drop the gap (you should still have time to do so) and pick it up through your regular insurance. I pay very little for gap every 6 months.

2014 Sterling gray GT 6M
Paxton Novi 2200 with torque booser and Lund tune, DW1000 injectors, JMS BAP, ATI damper
Lethal ORP, MGW shifter, BMR upper and lowers, Spicer 1 piece DS, Ram Single disk clutch with aluminum flywheel, Power leather seat conversion. Staggered wheels.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Pogi, congrats and not only did you get a good deal all the more so since (w/o intending to insult) you are just a kid. Internet shopping/pricing is great for the buyer. I know for the salesperson it can suck but I love it. Enjoy the ride and good luck!

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page