Ford Mustang Forum banner

how are you're 2011 V6 Stangs holding up?

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  capt_slo 
#1 ·
Had an 01 V6 then purchased an 03 GT about a year ago.
My GT is great fun and the sound is intoxicating but been having a lot of problems with it. Last thing I need is for it to crap out on me again during a day of a final at school or before I head to work.
I just need a reliable car that will last me through college.
So brings the question how are you're 11 sixers holding up? Any problems with them?

#2 ·
I had a lot of problems with mine. Traded it for my current car. I would strive for 2012 and higher, personally.

#4 ·
I'm looking specifically for the V6's not the GTs

Yes generally the sn-95 GT cars are reliable but been having random spark plug and ignition coil failures. Fuel hoses bursted etc.
About a month ago a spark plug blew out of the the engine itself and had to have it re-threaded and that set me back 598 dollars. And I'm peetty sure the clutch needs to be replaced.

Unfortunately I have a passion for Mustangs I don't see myself driving amy other car and I'm considering a newer 11-12 v6 with lower mileage. I'm looking for reliabilty at this point

#3 ·
Whats wrong with your 03? Those motors are amazingly dependable.

#8 ·
So what exactly were the problems with the 11 sixers? I wouldn't expect the 12 to be that much better
I'm really looking for some insight here guys I'm selling my GT as soon as it grts out of the shop .
Any inisght would be appreciated

#9 ·
Some had valve ticking (or sounded so), but most are good to go. I had the fuel pump pick up issue the first week, which was replaced under warranty, and have been good to go ever since (pushing 56k miles). While a GT would have been nice, I find the v6 perfect for my 65 mile round trip daily commute. It averages about the same mileage as my old Altima, but is a lot more fun to drive. It's also not far from being paid off. :)

#11 ·
Drive a V6 and see if it's quick enough for you, it was more than I will ever use. The only thing you may not like is it's very smooth and quiet so you might miss the rumble and shakes of the V8 you had. I don't miss my 03 GT in any way whatsoever, it was completely inferior to my 2014 V6 in every single way.

#13 ·
My 2011 V6 experience has been the following: ~95,000km (59k miles); water pump replaced under warranty early on (didn't fail - but was leaking slightly); intermittent belt / alternator idle squeal ongoing and I have recently developed a suspension clunk/rattle in the rear (likely LCA bushings). Had the front rotors turned and a new set of pads and the rest has just been routine maintenance. I'm the 2nd owner, I drive the car daily, all year and it doesn't live in a heated garage.

Take it for what it is worth, that's my Smiliey type="2cents

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.