Ford Mustang Forum banner

Koni shocks and struts PROBLEM!

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  ydashti01 
#1 ·
Alright, so i finally got my koni shocks and struts STR.T Orange on, also got a red panhard bar.
while driving, every single small road hole or bump, i hear this "bump" sound at the rears and it pisses me off. i honestly dont know what is it from, but also as soon as i come to a complete stop, i hear this "bump" sound at the back again. and is also there the second i take off from a complete stop. :(

anyone experienced this?
all help is appreciated.

#2 ·
Did you double check that everything is tight. Sounds like it might be a loose upper shock nut.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#3 ·
Well i hope everythings tight. I dont think theres anything loose. Is there any other reason why this is happening?

#7 ·
Oh well i hope its something simple. And probebly get it all done by tuesday.

#11 ·
Umm...no you can't torque the strut nut with an impact wrench when it's on the car. You'll just spin the shaft. If you pulse an impact at it you'll get it tight in about 10 seconds.

Reactions: kenv
#12 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. I'll be goin to my buddies shop tomorow since the supercharger is gona get there tomorow. So hopefully we figure it out before i get it on the dyno and see what shes doing now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.