Ford Mustang Forum banner

Replacing LEDs in Premium MYCOLOR Gauge Cluster and Ambient Lighting

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  aggieGT 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

First time posting to the forums and a recent member of the Mustang club after I just got a steal today for 2012 Premium GT with just 8,000 miles. Outside of the exhaust, the first thing I want to replace is some LED's for Ambient Lighting and the Gauge Cluster.

I noticed that the lights for both are pretty weak and not visible in even very low light situations, unless it is almost completely dark.

To solve this, I was wondering if anyone has tried and succeed in replacing the factory bulbs of the premium MYCOLOR gauges and ambient lighting with newer, brighter LEDS.

I have Lurked around the forums and haven't found an answer to this. Any advice or personal experience would be incredibly appreciated.

Thank you guys ahead of time. Happy to be a new member and a new mustang owner.

#4 ·
First off, congrats on the stang and welcome to the community good.gif Okay now, the mycolor gauges in my car are almost blinding that I have to have the dimmer scrolled down more than half way. And the ambient lighting has a low/high setting. Make sure your dimmer switch isnt rolled all the way down. If its not that, you either have really bad eye sight or your mycolor is not functioning properly. Try sitting in another 10-12 mycolor car and compare. That should give you a good idea what could be wrong. As for aftermarket led's for mycolor, im pretty sure theyre non-existant. Good luck and let us know how you make out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.