Ford Mustang Forum banner

Had to say goodbye to my 2014 v6 tonight...

2K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  Asphalt Cowboy 
#1 ·
As the title states my 2014 v6 mustang that I have been modding for the last 9 months is no longer parked comfortably in my garage.

The space that it once filled in my garage is now occupied by a 2011 California Special mustang GT

I've been wanting a V8 for a really long time which is why I modded my v6 so extensively and after I tried to order a brand new 2014 and got turned down by every lender because I'm so young I thought all hope was lost and I would just continue modding my v6.

Just to humor myself I looked online and saw the GT which only has 5,200 miles on it. Decided to go down a check it out and wound up going back and filling out the paper work after I got off work. The dealer agreed (after some haggling) to swap the shifter from my v6 into the v8 at no charge

Honestly I couldn't be happier, this thing is crazy fast and it's a completely different animal, the torque this thing generates and the sound it makes is intoxicating.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I meant for this to go into talk not tech, if a mod could move this into the appropriate section and excuse my temporary ignorance I would be grateful.

See less See more
#2 ·
That's awesome! The extra performance must be a lot of fun!

My 2012 v6 mustang is my first car and hopefully my next one will be a GT as well:)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
sweet! Back when I was 16 (I'm 24 now) I had a v6 firebird that i kept on modding just because I wanted to go fast like a v8. Long story short I dropped it then got a ls1 camaro had that for about a year now I have my 04 GT which I have a crap load of money into. I would love to own a 5.0 but need to get outta my parents house first lol. My dad had an 11 GT I used to love driving it, Def a monster as you called them

#16 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Bumper

Vehicle Car Auto part Engine

Did the best I could in the garage but it shows the goods haha.

I absolutely love this thing, and the power of the engine is just amazing bunches of torque down low and plenty of horsepower up top. My v6 was definitely a fast car and was lots of fun but there is just absolutely nothing like a V8.

I'm glad I was lucky enough to come across this barely driven gt/cs and appreciate it even more going from a base to a premium, I love the ambient lighting and the mycolor, and I absolutely love the gt/cs appearance.

So far I only have 4 issues with the car.

1. Is the stock shifter is so sloppy and loose but I will be getting my Barton short throw shifter back from my v6 on Wednesday and installed in the gt

2. The seats aren't broken in and aren't super comfortable but they will break in

3. The sound... Is way to quite I've been dying to have a v8 and now I want to bask in its glorious sound

4. Hard water, the previous owner didn't know how to properly hand wash a car. The rims and a few other spots have it bad but since I detail cars for a job that is a easy fix for me just time consuming.

My only regret is spending all that money modding the v6, but I had fun and I have nothing but respect for the 3.7, its a great motor but it just isn't an 8. My other favorite part is like today a person asks whether it's a v6 or GT, I get to smile and say its a GT. Thanks for the warm welcome into the GT family, glad to be where I always wanted to be.

Attachments

#10 ·
Sounds like a good trade up, especially with the low mileage. Now let's not see you complaining about gas mileage anytime soon. :bigthumbsup

Did you get the extended warranty?

If this is your first GT, you should beware of the following things if you don't already know:

Tires are going to wear out faster.
Gas mileage will be worse, on average and overall
The MT82's are more prone to problems behind the 5.0L (hence extended warranty)
The engine tick noise at idle and low speeds is normal, usually stops approx 20k miles

#12 ·
Awesome upgrade, welcome to the big boy club lol.

#14 ·
This is great to hear as I was on the fence between a V6 and a GT. Glad I went with the GT as my first Mustang :)

Congrats on the journey to the almighty V8

#15 ·
You made the right choice, performance wise!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.