Ford Mustang Forum banner

2014 GT Rear End Gear Ratio

36K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  tntoy 
#1 ·
Last January I decided to sell my beloved grabber blue brembo package. I was sad to see it go but needed something more suited toward the midwest winters and hauling kids around. Missing that car I picked up a 2014 sterling gray brembo package base gt on Saturday. I am trying to decipher what rear end is in the car, there is no 3.73 or 3.55 option noted on the window sticker so I am assuming 3.31 is the stock gt rear end?

#2 ·
3.31 is the base gear set on the GT

#3 ·
Inside the driver side door the codes are:
BB - 3.73 ratio
CC - 2.73 ratio
DD - 3.55 ratio
GG - 3.31 ratio
YY - 3.15 ratio

You can also look on the axle housing there is a sticker that list the ratio.

#5 ·
So let me get this straight i bought my 2014 5.0 for 28,000 and it had recaro seats in it. I always wondered why when i shift i had to do alot of shifting. So i read this right now and went out to check my car and is says BB so i got 3.73 gears in it? I dont even think my dealer new. Is there a package with this that has other things i dont know and they didnt either?

#9 ·
Thats funny, 3.73 does require alot more shifting. These 3.31 street driving actually make for a pretty casual drive compared to my 3.73. Of course when I go FI in a couple years then I'm gonna have to swap out to something else like 3.55.

#6 ·
Not sure if the 3.73 is part of a package or just an option. The website no longer gives the 2014 build option so no way to tell unless someone knows for sure.

#7 ·
It was also offered as a stand alone option and if you had it as such it would have been $395 listed in the option section of your window sticker.

#8 ·
Thanks everyone my day was just made one thing to knock off my mod list

#10 ·
Having driven my 3.31 for a few weeks daily now, I'm glad I stuck with the taller ratio. The deeper trans gearing makes it feel just like an older Stang with 3.73s it, except that the motor is much stronger. If it were a weekend toy, I would have opted for the track pack or added 3.73s. But for daily use, and for minimizing shifts at autocross, these are the deepest gears I personally want to run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.