Ford Mustang Forum banner

First Time Road Racing

919 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  irishmustang11 
#1 ·
Our car club held a track day this weekend at Mid-America Motorplex in Pacific Junction, IA. It was my first time ever racing on a road course and I had a blast! Here is a video of my best lap, which was about 2:04. I could have gone out a couple more times and tried to do even better, but I was running stock brake pads, so I didn't want to push the car too much. I can't wait to get out there again though.

Mid-America Motorplex, 2013 Mustang GT - YouTube

#3 ·
It was a blast! My car is set up mostly for the drag strip, but all of the suspension parts make for a decent road course setup as well. I gotta say, I think I enjoy the road course more. The drag strip frustrates me. The road course is a real test on the car's ability in so many different ways...and it's fun cornering at a fast speed! :)

#4 ·
Congrats on your first time on a road course. That camera angle/position plus the glass roof is just an awesome view of the track. Very coolcoolthumb.gif

#5 ·
Thanks! I definitely liked the panoramic view, for sure, but I'm thinking I'll put it by the rear view mirror next time so I can record what's in front of me a little more. I also plan on downloading the app that overlays the course layout and speedometer onto the video, so that should be cool.

#6 ·
Finally found a picture of me on the track.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.