Ford Mustang Forum banner

Some thoughts, BOSS experience

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  BOSS MAN 13 
#1 ·
I've had my car for nearly two years now, 8000 miles, but this weekend, for the first time I had the opportunity to drive the car as it was designed. I live in the "panhandle" of Virginia, very close to West Virginia. It is an extremely mountainous area with beautiful roads and very little traffic. So yesterday my best friend from CT was down and I decided to take him on a cruise of the mountains. We left about 10:00 AM, temps were in the 70's with very low humidity, and there was no traffic. I'm an avid motorcyclist and have been carving these corners for years on my vintage CBX and RC 51 motorcycles, but I never experienced the exhilaration of a well tuned track car on these roads. The BOSS was in it's element, that car is SO EASY to drive hard! NOW I understand the whole "Track Key" thing. The car is just so much more responsive when driving it hard, down shifting into corners, hammering out of them, setting up for the next switchback, it was just SO MUCH FREAKING FUN!!!!

Say what you want but my MT 82 trans is flawless! I wouldn't want another, I just added Ford's XL 18 additive, the MGW shifter, and a Whiteline Urethane trans bushing, that tranny shifts like butter!!

It was so cool to just listen to those side pipes roar through the mountains........................just an amazing experience, so hate being in work right now.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm from the Charleston area in WV. I'm planning to head to the Snowshoe region when it's warm to see how my car feels. Those mountains are fun to drive!

#5 ·
I heard one with the pipes opened and I stopped and had to just watch it go by. idk but I'm sure my mouth was hanging open. I will say these cars do rather well in the twisties, yea sometimes the back gets that little side step in it but nothing like people know from muscle cars of the past these cars can be moved at speeds that are far in excess of what is reasonable other than the track.

#9 ·
so, I just realised that you've waited two years to have fun in the twisties? wtf???????? Mine is a low mileage toy also....3 yrs 16K miles...old school enough to not beat on it for 1k miles but it only took me 30 days b4 I was exploring the handling. I think you are not deserving of a Boss and instead should have a V6. I'll drive down to exchange cars this weekend.

sorry for the short notice but I would like it for my cruise the wknd of June 7th.

#10 ·
hey Strange,
I've driven it up there before, but usually I have the wife in the other seat. She threatens to vomit on the inside of the car, sooooo it was nice to have a bud that appreciated the roller coaster ride. I've been up there in winter too, but the Pirrelli's don't grip so hot under 50 degrees F. Weather was perfect and with 8K on the clock I'm feeling comfortable with the car as a whole, it feels like part of me now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.