Collected our Mustang - very disappointed - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member

slime from the finance guy at a dealership will never come out...........

poor impulse control (it really ain't the way I feel, my dealer is great) +1 on "realistic" if your only issue was clean be honest in your review

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

I was always planning to be honest / realistic about the survey, however they're obviously worried because they keep trying to make excuses and blaming everyone else in the dealership..... which isn't giving the best impression.

Regarding the rest of the process I'd say they were average at best. They didn't really know their products so just quoted irrelevant facts from a quick reference guide, and their communication was confused. I wouldn't have recommended them, even before they gave us a dirty car.

PONY Member

That´s terrible service... and gives a terrible image on the seller. Every time I have sold one of my cars to a new owner, the cars receive the royal treatment in terms of cleaning up, waxing them, etc. Its my "goodbye" present to the cars, and to the new owners its a great satisfaction to have a shinny "new" car.

When I bought my 2010 GT (used from a Toyota dealer) the opposite actually happened, they really tried to exceed their great service and decided to apply armor all to ALL the interior surfaces... It took me a week of wiping the oily stuff off the car LOL...

2015 50 Anniversary Package GT
2014 Race Red Premium GT Convertible
2003 Silver GT
1981 Ford Mustang Fastback
1966 Mustang Coupe 289 4V
15 years ago 1984 Ford Mustang Hardtop

PONY Member

Be greatful they didn't wsh your car. I was shocked that some dealers still use the swirling brush type carwashes. My 2012 Black Mazda % was always handwashed untill the frickin mazda dealer put it thru the brush car washer and put a million swirl marks in my paint. A DEALER did this! I just bought a blue Nissan Versa and told the dealer I would not buy it if they washed it. Never go back, never let them wash your car. Go to a hand car wash and just spend the $10.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by christy View Post
I was always planning to be honest / realistic about the survey, however they're obviously worried because they keep trying to make excuses and blaming everyone else in the dealership..... which isn't giving the best impression.

Regarding the rest of the process I'd say they were average at best. They didn't really know their products so just quoted irrelevant facts from a quick reference guide, and their communication was confused. I wouldn't have recommended them, even before they gave us a dirty car.
They're worried about the survey because it counts. If you're not honest on the survey what incentive is there for them to do better? This is not the first time they've done this and begged for good marks. They'll brag about their 5 star service to the next poor soul that unsuspectingly walks in. There's no reason to give a good response when it's clearly not deserved.

2014 V6 Manual
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaints1115 View Post
So why did you take delivery of the car until it was clean to your satisfaction? Car's dirty? Guess what, the pen to sign all the papers doesn't work.
^^^This. Assuming they didn't give it to you free, and you are the customer, and you are paying them, why didn't you ask for it to meet your standards before you cut the check???

It it's new off the truck, I agree with others - you might be better off doing it yourself. If it's used / a demo, they need to make it right. Perhaps the service manager should quit blaming the poor talent he/she hired, and do it him/herself. Jeeeesh...

2012 Boss Yellow Blaze, Recaros/Torsen, Cover/Mats
2012 MCA PP Sterling/Lava
Rookie

Legally, you have 72 hours to return any purchase over a certain dollar amount. A vehicle definitely meets that requirement, so take it back and get your money back!
PONY Member

detail it yourself and make them give you free gas tanks for your trouble or let them know you aren't happy and if not resolved you will be giving low accurate scores which hear in the states cost them money.

Or try to email/call the owner as it's sounds like the person driving as a demo should pay for any replacement parts as he didn't take car of it and should get the cheapest used car as a demo until he learns respect of others that will be buying them later.

Just remember to show the owner respect and talk comely. If not send the CEO of ford an email. The outgoing CEO took care of my 11 gt when dealer tried to void warranty, he had is office assistance take care of it and told dealer if the mustangs aren't meant to spin the tires then we should recall all of them. Only reason I still buy fords.

2014 Black 3.7 6M. 20 inch black bullets, Pypes Axle back, matte black super snake stripes, next up JLT intake.
2011 Mustang 5.0 Race Red. gone and was sick
2011 Mustang 3.7, gone sold 3 times since, that I know of.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Stang View Post
They're worried about the survey because it counts. If you're not honest on the survey what incentive is there for them to do better? This is not the first time they've done this and begged for good marks. They'll brag about their 5 star service to the next poor soul that unsuspectingly walks in. There's no reason to give a good response when it's clearly not deserved.
+1 but, my post about honesty was meant to NOT unduly slam them if they were OK (and I think OP got that) I will add I like my selling dealer although I was dissapointed about how clean my new car was at delivery...clean but only barely. No problem I find washing cars on of those chores I kinda enjoy. As I mentioned it's your choice of music & beverage.

this smilie has nothing to do with this post but I like it.........

PONY Member

I tell my dealer not to touch my car. I had a black car one time that they scratched the heck out of. I'll either do it myself weather permitting or take it to a car wash I trust.

1987 5.0 LX ( sold in 92)
2011 GT/CS Convertible .Electronics package,
Security package,HID headlights,comfort package
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Cooper View Post
If your anything like me you might as well save your breath and detail it yourself because some kid getting minimum wage probably wont get it anywhere near where I want it but I am sick the way I detail!

This kinda bums me out. About 12 years ago when I was 16 working at a ford dealership, I made every effort to make sure each car the came in, be it new, demo, used, trade in was as clean as it was going to get regardless of our volume at the time. Down to q tipping the vents on old beat up trade ins.

Our dealers would mf us up and down if we didn't. Not that that was my reasoning.

What happened to work ethic?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2013 5.0 - Deep Impact Blue
Brembo, GT500 axle backs, Vogtland springs, GT500 shocks/struts, Laguna SECA transmission scoop, 3.31, Carbotech xp10/8, JLT brake ducts
TWS CCW: 2:03.02
PONY Member

BTW the dealers get a bonus based on those surveys they send. If you are mad at them give them a bad report on the survey. In general you should call someone first and give them a chance to make it right. You make it sound like this place is beyond hope. Clean the car yourself and enjoy. Life is great, you just got an awesome car!
SHELBY GT 350 Member

+1

PONY Member

[QUOTE=Strange Mud;6404786]slime from the finance guy at a dealership will never come out...........

BTW Mud,

That is frickin' hilarious! Not even a "Vehicle Protection Package", a "Service Contract", and an Extended Warranty, can protect a vehicle from Finance Guy filth.
GT Member

And thats why you never buy demos. They treat them worse than used cars.

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page