Collected our Mustang - very disappointed - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-27-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Collected our Mustang - very disappointed

Today we collected our 2014 Mustang GT convertible. It was an ex-demo / used by their Finance guy, with over 11,000kms on the clock and it was just soooo dirty!

Now, I know it wasn't new and we paid below list price, but I did expect them to make some effort to clean it - is that unreasonable?? Seriously I've seen cleaner 10 year old cars in non-franchised dealerships.....

We're talking bits of gravel on the carpet, grass and bits of leaves on / in all of the seats, drips of who knows what on the panels (especially in the trunk), dust on and in every surface, footprints on the back of the front seats, a scored mark from a BBQ gas tank on the front seat, etc. I've returned vehicles in better condition!!

They blamed minimum wage staff and poor lighting, but their attempt to address some of the problems was woeful.

however they did show us how we should complete our survey

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-27-2014
GT Member

Guess that dealer doesn't want to sell you a car in the future. I would spread the word to everyone I knew on how crappy they treat their customers. I would also avoid ever going back to them for any service work as they seem totally incompetent.

2011 Red Candy /build 2/1/11/ 401A
MT with Redline MTL/ Brembos/355's/glass roof
Shaker 1000/Scoops/Clear bra/Steeda UCA and PH bar
Redline hood lifts/Bilsteins with Ford Racing P springs & axle bks
UPR catch can/whiteline kdt928/MGW shifter with Epco ball
Shaftmasters DS/BMR loop & relocation brackets
Nitto 555 G2's/Steeda jack rails
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-27-2014
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

If your anything like me you might as well save your breath and detail it yourself because some kid getting minimum wage probably wont get it anywhere near where I want it but I am sick the way I detail!

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-27-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Cooper View Post
If your anything like me you might as well save your breath and detail it yourself because some kid getting minimum wage probably wont get it anywhere near where I want it but I am sick the way I detail!
I'm thinking the same thing. They also seem obsessed with spraying all sorts of junk on every surface - I think I was supposed to be pleased when they announced that they had stain guarded the (incredibly cheap and will only last a week) floor mats with yet another toxic substance that I really don't want to inhale, never mind inflicting on the dog!!!
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-27-2014
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

So why did you take delivery of the car until it was clean to your satisfaction? Car's dirty? Guess what, the pen to sign all the papers doesn't work.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

It seems odd that they are complaining about their own minimum wage staff since they are the ones setting the pay rate. I would make them detail the car, & if they don`t, then blast them on the survey.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I tell the dealer not to detail the car, ever since my 07 Mazda3 looked like it was washed by someone with Chain Mail gloves on it is just easier to do it myself.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Well they had 2 chances to clean the car because we pointed out some of the problems so they took it away to supposedly resolve them. One of the problems was the debris in the creases of the rear seats - they vacuumed the rear seats and caused several scratches on the leather, so I have absolutely zero faith in their ability to detail a vehicle.

I really wish we'd walked away but reckon I can resolve most of the problems myself - it's just so annoying when you get something that's supposed to be clean and instead it looks like it was just driven through a hedge!!

As you suggest we will provide appropriate feedback when we receive the survey, and tell everyone we know at the local cruises......

ETA: wow - Ford in Canada is totally useless! Just logged a complaint with them only to be told they will provide feedback to the dealer, but it's then up to the dealer whether or not they take any action!!! Is this for real???

Last edited by christy; 05-28-2014 at 10:07 AM.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I would not let them clean my car a 3rd time. If that is your only issue (cleanliness) think 1st World problems and spend a day going over your new toy. You get your choice of music and beverage and only have to do it when it's nice out.

life is good

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
PONY Member

Im with tsaints1115, I wouldnt have signed anything until the car was exactly to my liking and filled with gas. I would completely rail them on the survey and make sure it goes to Ford and not back to the dealership. They base alot off those surveys from what ive heard in the past. If you give them a bad review it will hurt them eventually, which is sounds like it should.

Greg
2011 Race Red GT

Just an old married guy (with kids) and two expensive hobbies...
Rookie

NUKE them on the survey.... that DOES hurt them.... that's why they are so big on telling you to give them all 5's....
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

It would be the same people in the same (badly lit) wash bay who would try to clean the car again so I really can't see them succeeding - I'm guessing that they haven't had any training either.

I'm wondering if the survey will have any impact here in Canada? Speaking to Customer Service this morning they told me that all they could do was provide feedback to the dealer, but not take any action.
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christy View Post
It would be the same people in the same (badly lit) wash bay who would try to clean the car again so I really can't see them succeeding - I'm guessing that they haven't had any training either.

I'm wondering if the survey will have any impact here in Canada? Speaking to Customer Service this morning they told me that all they could do was provide feedback to the dealer, but not take any action.
Up here, you're more likely to make your point on social media (facebook, twitter). Name and shame the dealer all you want if they won't respect a paying customer.

They survive on marketing and word of mouth. Easy enough for customers to find another Ford dealer in town if they know that 'dealer X' are jerks.

2014 GT/CS | 6R80
Apprentice

Well just make sure you never go back there for anything. Personally I wouldn't have accepted the car. Always cracks me up how the dealers miss the things that matter but BEG for a good survey. If they really went above and beyond i.e. cared they wouldn't have to beg for high marks.

2014 V6 Manual
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Like the others already posted ; you are better off detailing it yourself ; they'd probably scratch the heck out of it ; you'll have it looking much better than they would in no time. Well, maybe some time, it does take a while to do a good job . . .

And be "realistic" when you answer that survey.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page