Ford Mustang Forum banner

2011 GT Air Conditioner Issue

785 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SoonerSteve 
#1 ·
As I was driving home from work yesterday in my 2011 GT with only 32k miles the A/C went from blowing cold and working just fine to instantly blowing warm air. I tried turning everything off and using different settings but that didn't do anything. I was busy last night so I didn't have time to look into it and hoped that it would work today but it wasn't any better this morning. I'm pretty upset that this happened considering its a fairly low mile car. To make matters worse I am over my 3 years even though I am under the 36k mile warranty milestone. Has anyone else had this issue or have any ideas of what it could be. I was hoping that since it happened so suddenly maybe it could be a fuse or wire or something easy but with my luck that wont be the case. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I would say you are low on 134A,might just have a small leak,take it to an auto air conditioner place and have them check compressor and pressures,if the 134Apressure drops off(high side of the system) that shuts the compressor down to protect it,thus warm air.hope this helps.

#4 ·
you wouldn't be the 1st to get a rock hole in the condensor coil causing a leak. On the GT's it is rather exposed in front of radiator.
I don't remember hitting a rock but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I'll crawl under there tonight and see if I can see anything.

I would say you are low on 134A,might just have a small leak,take it to an auto air conditioner place and have them check compressor and pressures,if the 134Apressure drops off(high side of the system) that shuts the compressor down to protect it,thus warm air.hope this helps.
I think I have a gauge at the house that I used on my wifes old Civic so I should be able to check that out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.