I suck at autocross :( (HD Vid inside) - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg5.0 View Post
Congratulations! You took the first real step to getting better that most newbies miss. You recognize that you need to better yourself instead of asking for mod suggestions to make the car stick better. You are already on the right path to making improvements.
Truth!

That said, your car is ineligible for F stock and its current setup is terrible for ESP or STU. Keep the car as is if you don't mind finishing last, but as your skills improve you might want to address this (starting with sticky summer tires (STU) or even R comps (ESP), and crash bolts to increase front camber).

2013 GT 6MT (Black)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member

T, at least your car sounds nice..........

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboStang View Post
Fort Devens is a haul for me. About 3 hours. Need to find something in CT.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Home Depot lot after hours......

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.

GT Member

A lot of people will go out thinking they wills be like Mario Andretti, and end up more like Mario for Mario Cart..... Like mentioned, you realize you need improvement, not the cars fault. That takes a lot of character to do, and props for that. Take the suggestions, practice, and you will get better. I wish I had the chance to try some track time. (out of town almost all the time for work). I have been tempted to take a driving class some time, just need to be willing to pry the wallet open for the cost, and take the time off work.

2013 GT 6 spd, GT500 mufflers, BOSS quad exhaust, Roush CAI, Barton shifter & 2 post bracket
CS GT-40 Wheels, Hotchkis sway bars, upper and lower control arms, springs (1.1/1.6 drop) and adj panhard bar KONI yellow struts and shocks J&M caster/camber plates,
BMR Upper control arm mount and lower control arm brackets.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theocletian View Post
Borla axlebacks, FRPP K-springs, 275/40/19 rears (Gmax all season tires), 93 oct tune

They put me in the ESP class but after talking to some of the guys they think I could run STU. I am just trying to learn so I do not really care at the moment :P
What is your opinion about the G-max's? I know they're all seasons but did they do ok? I'm needing new tires any day now and these are pretty much what I need for a DD but I'm just curious how they did on the track.

2012 black on black GT Premium Auto 6R80 - 400A
20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:

Ah damn, I keep forgetting you guys are down in CT
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
T, at least your car sounds nice..........
Haha right on
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choate View Post
What is your opinion about the G-max's? I know they're all seasons but did they do ok? I'm needing new tires any day now and these are pretty much what I need for a DD but I'm just curious how they did on the track.
Yeah, they are all seasons and I think they have a ton of grip for being well into 1/2 of its life. Definitely better than the stock Pirellis in terms of ride quality but I did not get a chance to test out those at the track. If you believe their advertising, the Gmax has better designed tread patterns esp for light snow cover.

One of the instructors said there felt like there was more grip than I was using from the car which does not mean much due to my low driving skill, however my butt dyno says that the rubber was performing very well
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:

Road course opening up at Thompson Speedway in June! Northeast Track Days has an event there on June 19. I have never been to one of their events, but I believe it includes some instruction and substantial track time. Google it . . . .

It is a 1.7 mile course, with some good mix of straights and curves! I can't wait .. .. woo-hoo!

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
Rookie

i went there a couple times last year with my mini cooper s but now i got my 2012 mustang gt i gotta get back there!

2012 mustang gt premium
Kona blue
6-speed m/t
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
Road course opening up at Thompson Speedway in June! Northeast Track Days has an event there on June 19. I have never been to one of their events, but I believe it includes some instruction and substantial track time. Google it . . . .

It is a 1.7 mile course, with some good mix of straights and curves! I can't wait .. .. woo-hoo!

Thanks JBert. I will check it out.

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Borla axlebacks, FRPP K-springs, 275/40/19 rears (Gmax all season tires), 93 oct tune

They put me in the ESP class but after talking to some of the guys they think I could run STU. I am just trying to learn so I do not really care at the moment :P
STU is probably where you want to be. Post up your mods and I'll class you.

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

GT Member

Quote:
Yeah, they are all seasons and I think they have a ton of grip for being well into 1/2 of its life. Definitely better than the stock Pirellis in terms of ride quality but I did not get a chance to test out those at the track. If you believe their advertising, the Gmax has better designed tread patterns esp for light snow cover.

One of the instructors said there felt like there was more grip than I was using from the car which does not mean much due to my low driving skill, however my butt dyno says that the rubber was performing very well
That's what I like to hear! Thanks man

2012 black on black GT Premium Auto 6R80 - 400A
20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page