I suck at autocross :( (HD Vid inside) - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I suck at autocross :( (HD Vid inside)

Here is a little taste of my current skill level. Hopefully I will do better next time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy4ApuwMopQ

Here is my best lap so far...still pretty slow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KHjggmjHNA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Whoa, I have no idea what happened... looks like I broke the page lol

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

This something I want to try this year. I'm sure I will do worse!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014
PONY Member

Where was that? My buddy was trying to get me to go to a few in CT last year. I need to sign up!

The problem is that when you run a GT, it puts you in a class with some serious performers that were made for handling, not just power

2014 GT Coupe, 3.73 gears, Security Pkg
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

The first run looked like fun, in the second I thought you did real good it didn't look like you took any cones out. I haven't done that in over 15 years but you have me thinking about it!

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014
GT Member

Exhaust setup and mods?

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboStang View Post
This something I want to try this year. I'm sure I will do worse!

You definitely should! Let me know and I'll run with you.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim2013 View Post
Where was that? My buddy was trying to get me to go to a few in CT last year. I need to sign up!

The problem is that when you run a GT, it puts you in a class with some serious performers that were made for handling, not just power
Fort Devens Airfield, SCCA event. There are 7 or so events left this season, 50 bucks for 6 runs total each time!
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony_boy View Post
Exhaust setup and mods?
Borla axlebacks, FRPP K-springs, 275/40/19 rears (Gmax all season tires), 93 oct tune

They put me in the ESP class but after talking to some of the guys they think I could run STU. I am just trying to learn so I do not really care at the moment :P
PONY Member
5.0L Member

That looks like fun. I wanna try it out. I would probably spin out the same and laugh it off too.

2013 GT premium GHIG. 6MT. Black int. Brembos. Corsa Sports. Jlt intake. SR Springs. BMR panhard. Pilot Super Sports
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theocletian View Post
You definitely should! Let me know and I'll run with you.

Fort Devens is a haul for me. About 3 hours. Need to find something in CT.

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
BOSS Member

Garage
Nothing wrong with a spin out. Think of it as a chance to get away with legally and not worry about getting stopped by the cops.

I came close to spinning out last year on my first full solo day driving on a road course. It's all part of the fun of learning the limits of yourself and your car.

Last edited by Blazin72; 06-01-2014 at 12:59 AM.
PONY Member

Congratulations! You took the first real step to getting better that most newbies miss. You recognize that you need to better yourself instead of asking for mod suggestions to make the car stick better. You are already on the right path to making improvements.

2013 Red Candy Metallic GT Premium Coupe
Black Leather, 6MT, Comfort Package, Brembo Package, 3.55 Axle
Borla Touring axle back, Suntec CXP 45% window tint, Eibach Pro-Kit, Steeda Strut Mounts, Rear Upper Control Arm and Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets, Energy Suspension Shifter Bushing
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg5.0 View Post
Congratulations! You took the first real step to getting better that most newbies miss. You recognize that you need to better yourself instead of asking for mod suggestions to make the car stick better. You are already on the right path to making improvements.
What are you talking about? It's NEVER operator error...
PONY Member

First, congrats of getting out there.

Second, I hope you come back and we meet up. I am basically hiding from the SCCA this year because the SCCA events almost all conflict with my social commitments. (boo) but thankfully there are many other clubs. Strangely, I am almost always running with the Miata club this year just because the schedule lines up with my availability every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim2013 View Post
No true. If you run a GT that's meets stock class rules, you are in FS, which is basically a class of Mustang GTs. Also, we have a guy in a basically stock 2007 Shelby GT (naturally aspirated v8) that has placed in top 10 (out of like 150 people), so I will not accept any statements that a Mustang can't handle. More like Most mustang drivers never think about handling seriously enough and put in the seat time to tame these beasts.

2012 V6 Base. 6-speed. 3.31. Roush Wheel Hop Kit. BMR 38mm Front Swaybar. Camber Modded Koni Yellow Struts. Linear Steeda Sport Springs. J&M Camber Plates. J&M Panhard Bar. Airaid Intake. 93R Bama Tune. BBK Ceramic Shorties. Carbon Fiber Trac-Lok w/ Finned Cover. Hawk SR pads. GT Rotors. Spec Al Flywheel & Stage I Clutch, 18x10.5 ET38 Enkei PF01 Wheels. 285 30 R18 RE-71r tires. Boss 302 Radiator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page