Quad Exhaust with Roush - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quad Exhaust with Roush

I was wondering if there is any way possible that I can use quad tips for my roush axlebacks? I have a 2014 GT/CS and have the boss rear diffuser. If I went with the GT500 rear valance and bought 2 dual tips for the roush mufflers, would this work?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

sounds like they would be cutting the original tip off and making a wider opening for the dual tips and welding them on. i'd ask them to see the cost because it might make more sense for them to make you a quad tip exhaust. it's what I have. I had them do a catback, resonator delete and muffler delete nd i'm happy with it.

only thing i'd be worried about is if the roush exhaust would still sound good after modifying it

2014 Ruby Red GT A6 - 3" Magnaflow Quad tip Catback
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014
Apprentice

There's a lot of good info in this post.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...aust-tips.html

2014 Saleen Mustang White Label 14-013: Vortech V3 supercharger, Lund Tuned, ID1000's, NGK iridium plugs, Airaid CAI, BMR upper control arm and mount, BMR lower control arms w/ relocation brackets, BMR adjustable panhard bar and support brace, koni sport struts/shocks w/ GT500 strut mount, GT500 Brembo brake upgrade, CS fog lights, Stillen chin spoiler, Barton Shifter and two post bracket, Plasti-Dipped hood vents, and various Saleen parts and accessories.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

I just want to make sure that everything will line up correctly with the mufflers, new tips and new valance. Like I don't want to install the valance and have the tips not line up with the holes
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zduke95 View Post
I just want to make sure that everything will line up correctly with the mufflers, new tips and new valance. Like I don't want to install the valance and have the tips not line up with the holes
If your roush tips exit from the center of you current muffler, then it won't be a problem. Stangmods sells some really nice quad tips that fit perfectly in the GT500 valance. Those are what I have on my car. I'm sure that a muffler shop could fabricate something for you if you went with other tips. I know they make quad tips that can be welded onto side exit mufflers. Otherwise you will have to buy new axleback quad exhaust which can be pricey. I paid 400 for new mufflers and to have the stangmod tips welded onto them.

2014 Saleen Mustang White Label 14-013: Vortech V3 supercharger, Lund Tuned, ID1000's, NGK iridium plugs, Airaid CAI, BMR upper control arm and mount, BMR lower control arms w/ relocation brackets, BMR adjustable panhard bar and support brace, koni sport struts/shocks w/ GT500 strut mount, GT500 Brembo brake upgrade, CS fog lights, Stillen chin spoiler, Barton Shifter and two post bracket, Plasti-Dipped hood vents, and various Saleen parts and accessories.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yeah they're center exit. And that's good to hear that everything should work. Thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page