Need some opinions "To Stripe or Not to Stripe" - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

do something original. I occasionally road coarse and autox mine amoung other things.
on the 13 up and gt500 you look across a vast expanse of flat hood, I just couldn't deal with the glare even when driving anymore. everyone thats seen the car since I've had it done has said 5 words... holy crap what a difference. And the matte black got rid of my glare problem.
And no it's not vinyl, I had a local shop do it using matte black vehicle wrap. design, printing kermit on the hood, cutting, and install (including the roof) was 360 including tax.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0465_zpsfdf44383.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	451.7 KB
ID:	352986   Click image for larger version

Name:	9ce7e44e-fd46-464e-b74e-7bb00950fac7_zps8f9ec3d2.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	352994  

2013 3.7, GHIG, Recaros (cloth), Perf package, 102a w/sync,rear sensing, alarm system.
Barton short shifter & mount, drake boot adapter, custom knob, JLT painted cai, Steeda UCA, Freedomracing adjustable panhard, smoked front side markers, front plate mount removed, 35% tint, tinted tail centers & 3rd brake, c/s spoiler, cpc color matched hood struts,.
2nd place @ SMR, Top 25 @ FFW STL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleg View Post
Wow man, I didn't ask for anyone to go off on my wheels. Geez some people. LOL
But really... Ive thought about wheels, but mine aren't too bad, and honestly im not a huge fan of black wheels like everyone is putting on their cars lately, plus they are so dang expensive and when your on a limited budget, well you know.....
No disrepect intended. Your wheels are fine. Just think it would improve looks more so than the stripe. I know you work hard for your money like we all do.

2011 GT/CS - Red Candy Metallic - Automatic Transmission - Steeda Cold Air Intake - Brenspeed 93 Race Tune - Lethal Performance Offroad H-Pipe - Ford Racing GT500 Axleback Exhaust - Brake Performance Premium Dimpled Drilled and Slotted Rotors - Shaftmasters 3.5 Aluminum Drive Shaft
Apprentice

I think silver stripes would look killer with your wheels. I'd take the spears off then.

My other advice would be not to think something is overdone because you see it all over online. I think I can count on one hand the number of Stangs I've seen with Lemans stripes in daily life. Also, since the GT350 and 500's have had them since say one, they are classic and never out of style in my view.

One thing to consider is maintenance. There are threads where people mention chips and how they're not fun to touch up.

Good luck.

2012 Boss Yellow Blaze, Recaros/Torsen, Cover/Mats
2012 MCA PP Sterling/Lava

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Well if all goes well tomorrow im going to attempt to install the stripes myself. Ive watched numerous videos and it doesnt look that complicated. Its like I told my wife, if I can rebuild a motor, paint a car, and be able to do all the stuff im able to do, then surely I can install a set of racing stripes. I even found some Rapid Tac in St. Louis, Hopefully that will give me the edge I need. I will post pics if I get them on.

Greg
2011 Race Red GT

Just an old married guy (with kids) and two expensive hobbies...
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

I guess I lucked out because I paid $250 to have the sides, hood and tail panel applied after I purchased on ebay.

I get a lot of comments and thumbs up on my stripes.
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Man that looks sweet! I originally wanted to go with a reverse c and possibly black out my roof, but the guy up the street from me did it before I could get mine ordered and it would seem like I was copying his car, although his is grabber blue, but still. I talked to the shop that installed his c stripe and they charged him $450 for it. I got a quote there for my lemans stripes as well.

Greg
2011 Race Red GT

Just an old married guy (with kids) and two expensive hobbies...
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

The wheels made a big difference in appearance but the stripes are what really personalized it. Your car looks good as is but it will be like a whole new car by significantly changing the looks.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarZ View Post
The wheels made a big difference in appearance but the stripes are what really personalized it. Your car looks good as is but it will be like a whole new car by significantly changing the looks.
Nicely done!

2012 Boss Yellow Blaze, Recaros/Torsen, Cover/Mats
2012 MCA PP Sterling/Lava
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC3333 View Post
Nicely done!
Thanks. Impressive stable you have there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page