Buying my first Mustang this week - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: which would you go for?
Brand New Oxford White? 27 64.29%
Slightly used Gotta Have It Green with extra warranty? 15 35.71%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez Rouge View Post
Re-read the OP. In at least five places, the tense of his wording indicates he has already bought the car.
Wow, you're absolutely right. Shame on me for not doing my due dilligence and not displaying appropriate attention to detail.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I voted for the green. I just couldn't do the stone interior on the white car. I love my Performance White with charcoal (black) interior. Interesting, my first Mustang was a white convertible with a black top, white seats and doors and black dash, etc.

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

As a couple of others have said, I like GHIG but would not choose to own it for fear it would be trendy (to me, don't care what the rest of the world thinks of it)

White is classic and if I was looking for another Mustang it would be on my short list. But like my silver it can sometimes appear a bit pedestrian and uninspired.

The stone interior would be a deal breaker to me, but again, purely subjective tastes.

GT vs V6, Sure I have my yearnings for a GT but I decided it wasn't worth the $6000 difference. Maybe next car. I've done some upgrades and like many have a very potent sixer.

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

First and foremost, thanks to everyone for their input so far... As a bit of a teaser I'm actually not going to say which car I did strike a deal for (and left deposit) until I do pick it up, but, it is true that I have actually struck the deal and picked the car to settle any confusion on that front.

However, to regard the GT suggestions and comments.... for me, one of those just wasn't and/or isn't the right car. The 305hp rating on the 3.7 is enough for me to be happy. I've had fast cars before, and they can be fun, but as I think about what I plan on using the car for long term it just isn't necessary. Then again, its not like the 6 isnt fast either. Plus, the premium pkg on the 6 does carry along lots of the fun bonuses. Besides, if you only go back a couple of years, the GT V8 mustangs actually were carting about lower ratings than the curent v6. (Not to mention that a number of my 70s/80s cars were rated just over 100hp new, and I'm sure have lost some over the years...compared to one of those it'll be blazing fast)

This car will be a pleasure, weekend, and occasional driver, and i'd be surprised if i hit 5-6,000 miles in a given year on it (although you never know.) Think something that will hang around and, all things willing, be the car that's still in the garage someday for when a kid starts driving and needs their first car. Unless I like driving it too much that is. So.... between all of that, extra cost, extra insurance, and lower gas mileage, the GT lost out during my search.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

CK, I'm with the bulk of the readers and failed your comprehension test. Well done Red in figuring out he already decided....Mud feels stupid now. I'm still sticking with the used/green choice if you like both colors the same. Notice at least I didn't tell you to get a Red one even though like the V8 it's faster.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck80 View Post
First and foremost, thanks to everyone for their input so far... As a bit of a teaser I'm actually not going to say which car I did strike a deal for (and left deposit) until I do pick it up, but, it is true that I have actually struck the deal and picked the car to settle any confusion on that front.

However, to regard the GT suggestions and comments.... for me, one of those just wasn't and/or isn't the right car. The 305hp rating on the 3.7 is enough for me to be happy. I've had fast cars before, and they can be fun, but as I think about what I plan on using the car for long term it just isn't necessary. Then again, its not like the 6 isnt fast either. Plus, the premium pkg on the 6 does carry along lots of the fun bonuses. Besides, if you only go back a couple of years, the GT V8 mustangs actually were carting about lower ratings than the curent v6. (Not to mention that a number of my 70s/80s cars were rated just over 100hp new, and I'm sure have lost some over the years...compared to one of those it'll be blazing fast)

This car will be a pleasure, weekend, and occasional driver, and i'd be surprised if i hit 5-6,000 miles in a given year on it (although you never know.) Think something that will hang around and, all things willing, be the car that's still in the garage someday for when a kid starts driving and needs their first car. Unless I like driving it too much that is. So.... between all of that, extra cost, extra insurance, and lower gas mileage, the GT lost out during my search.
Not a lot of people "pleasure, weekend, and occasional driver" their V6s. They're mostly DDs. And if you're doing 5-6000 miles a year, can gas mileage matter THAT much? I'm sure you've bought a great car though. I'm not putting down the V6, it's just that in your position, I would've bought an used 11 gt premium.

That's exactly what I did a month ago, although I DD mine. Bought her used for $22.5 with just under 30k miles.

But congratulations!! Post some pictures when you go pick her up.

2011 5.0 GT Premium - 6MT - Ebony Black - Navigation - 3.73 - GT500 axlebacks - 3rd owner - 30k miles
PONY Member

Definately drive a GT if it's a real option for you. I only needed about 200 HP and I dont like flashy so it wasn't for me but 15 years ago it might've been. I would've lost my license, wound up in jail, or died but it would've been cool.
PONY Member

Just drive a gt... Don't do what I did and bought a v6 and then wondered what the v8 would be like, and then proceed to modify the v6 to make it faster. I just eventually learned that for my needs and personality I needed a v8 so I traded the 14 v6 with 9k on the clock for a 11 gt with 5k on the clock. If you want something to just scoot around town in that looks good and is comfortable get the v6 they are definitely quick cars.

I totally understand when you say there is more than just the price tag to consider with the car as the v8 will almost always be more expensive in fuel and insurance, and if you get a base model you will most likely be disappointed. It was the small things like mycolor and ambient lightning that make me love my car all the more. Just test drive a gt, you will know right away which of the two engines suits you best. Then you will have peace of mind and never wonder, but what if. If you like the gt more you can find killer deals on used ones where people have already eaten the depreciation like I did I paid the same for my 14 base v6 that I did for a 2011 premium gt/cs with 5k miles on it. Either way you choose both are great engines

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Race Red GT/CS: current
MGW race spec shifter, Borla ATAK axle backs w/ resonator deletes, Boss Intake Manifold w/ Steeda CAI, stainless power longtube headers, driveshaft shop carbon fiber drive shaft, ACT twin disc clutch.

2014 Race Red V6: sold
Airaid Cold Air Intake, pype bomb axle backs, bama 91p tune, ford racing 3.73 gears, Barton short throw shifter, Mac ceramic shorty headers.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Why oh why is everyone going on telling this poor soul to look at and/or buy a GT? He already bought his car. It's not a GT. As for me, I never drove a GT because I don't want to be lusting after one that bad. You might say I don't know what I'm missing so I guess I'm not *really* missing it.
PONY Member

Garage
Buying my first Mustang this week

Quote:
Well, as the thread title says, a bit new both around thesee parts and as an owner of the brand. I was always a gm owner, all the rest of my cars are a mix of Buick and Pontiac, mix in some 70s/80s Chevy/GMC trucks here and there but....

I've got to say in my opinion Ford got these cars RIGHT! I had a '13 Mustang as a rental for a week last year and since then had my eyes open, kept teetering on trying to get one. Looked last August, had to pass what with moving to a new house and all. This time around, and now I got one, it was the last chance to buy a live rear axle car with the retro styling cues.... well, lets just say it was time to pull the trigger

So, before I say which one I did decide to go with, I'd like to describe the two cars I narrowed it down to and hear which one you think was a better deal:

#1: 2014 V6 premium, gotta have it green, AT, 202A pony pkg, comfort package. Everything else being the standard options coming on a premium coupe of course. Was actually a special order, sold in early april 2014 and driven 5 weeks for a total of 2300 miles before the owner decided it wasn't the car for them. Dealer certified it, tacking the additional 12 months cpo warranty on to the end of the balance 3/36 factory bumper to bumper, and extended the 5/60k power train to a 7/100k on the car with its lowly 2300 miles. Price: 22,000

#2: 2014 V6 premium, Oxford white, stone interior, AT, 202a pony pkg, comfort pkg, and same as above, all the other goodies coming on a premium coupe. This one is brand new, regular factory warranty. Price: 23,300 after all rebates and incentives. There is some thing to be said for being the first to own/drive/break in a car..

So.... which one do y'all think is the one to go after had you been buying?

Congrats on your purchase. Mine puts a smile on my face every time I drive it! I really like the GHIG but I don't know if it's a color I could live with everyday; if you can, great, you'll love it. It has that wow factor and I always find myself admiring it when I see one driving. The Oxford White is an awesome color and when I bought my current one, it was between the white or Ruby Red. I just couldn't pass the Ruby Red up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD
PONY Member

Quote:

OP, Congrats on your new car.

You and I have polar opposites as far as priorities go in Mustangs, but if your car makes you happy - more power to you and at the end of the day, its whats most important.

Looking forward to seeing pics when you get it.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez Rouge View Post
Re-read the OP. In at least five places, the tense of his wording indicates he has already bought the car.
In fairness, the actual poll question is "which would you go for?"

So, joining the game without voting, I suspect the new one is a better deal than the CPO. Same-model-year, extreme-low-mileage CPO cars tend to be overpriced.

I chose GHIG but the S197 looks great in white (unlike a lot of cars) and if you have to ask the question you already know the answer.

In the poll, as a weekend toy, I would vote (c) Base GT 6MT for same or similar money. V6 Premium 6AT sounds a lot more like daily-driver trim. I love the V6 and I'm not saying don't do it -- I'm saying don't keep the poor thing cooped up in the garage all week!

2013 GT Premium 6MT. GHIG, Black/Cashmere 401A interior, Comfort Package, 19" 5-spoke wheels. Two boosters, one RFT card for my parking garage at work, daily driver.
PONY Member

So what color did you get?

Color is such a personal like that I really can´t vote. All I can say is that either of the two colors look awesome with black stripes and wheels!

Congratulations for the new car. we want pics!

2015 50 Anniversary Package GT
2014 Race Red Premium GT Convertible
2003 Silver GT
1981 Ford Mustang Fastback
1966 Mustang Coupe 289 4V
15 years ago 1984 Ford Mustang Hardtop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page