2014 Sterling Gray - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingCoyote View Post
I ordered my 2013 SG before I had ever seen the color in person. Not knowing what to expect when I went to pick it up all I can say is wow... As others have mentioned, this color changes at different angles and different times of day. Its impossible to capture its beauty in a photo. Another bonus to SG is that it looks great accented in any other color you could possibly want to add when you start customizing and modding.

Yes it does:

2014 Sterling gray GT 6M
Paxton Novi 2200 with torque booser and Lund tune, DW1000 injectors, JMS BAP, ATI damper
Lethal ORP, MGW shifter, BMR upper and lowers, Spicer 1 piece DS, Ram Single disk clutch with aluminum flywheel, Power leather seat conversion. Staggered wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Love my Sterling Grey GT. Get lots of compliments on the color combo...saddle interior/black convertible top.
Dave

2013 GT Premium Convertible
Sterling Grey/Saddle Interior
Automatic/Brembos/Shaker Pro Audio
Apprentice

When I picked up my 2014 GT/CS, I noticed that the dealer had a Sterling Gray GT/CS on the lot. After the paperwork, while waiting for the car to be taken for its first fill-up, my wife and I sat in the Sterling Gray GT/CS. For a moment, I almost wished that I had ordered that color, because it definitely looks very classy! But then my Deep Impact Blue GT/CS appeared, and all was forgotten...

2014 Mustang GT California Special/Deep Impact Blue/ 6-Speed Manual/3:73/Ordered 10-5-2013/Built 10-28-2013/Delivered 11-7-2013
Ford Racing ProCal Tune/K&N FRPP Air Filter/GT500 MGTCA1 Mufflers/JLT Oil Separator/Sound Tube Delete/BF Goodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 275/40/19's (all 4 corners on stock 8 1/2" rims)

SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Talking

I love it.

I was never a "gray" guy, but this color really pops in direct sunlight.

I will say that when next to the wife's Kona Blue, my car pretty much disappears, but still, its so easy to keep clean when compared to her car. Her's gets washed 3 times to every one time for me, and my car always seems to be cleaner than hers. It's not, but that's the impression one gets when looking at them.

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slorydn1 View Post
I love it.

I was never a "gray" guy, but this color really pops in direct sunlight.

I will say that when next to the wife's Kona Blue, my car pretty much disappears, but still, its so easy to keep clean when compared to her car. Her's gets washed 3 times to every one time for me, and my car always seems to be cleaner than hers. It's not, but that's the impression one gets when looking at them.

Thanks for that pic, I actually considered a Blue one since it had a factory installed 3.31 rear end but I really wanted a stealthy car (the blue one had the tech pckg, the deal killer)
that didn't attract much attention so I got grey. Your pic makes me double glad I got the gray. My 350z is also grey, I just love that color.
GT Member

When I bought my leftover they had a Sterling grey, white and one grabber blue....I took GB because of the history, but SG was my second choice, definitely a little low key for a Mustang which is a good thing around me....also its not your typical silver/gray.

Now: 2016 Mustang GT Fastback-Magnetic Metallic, Ford Racing Touring axle-backs, Ford Racing front strut and k-brace, K&N CAI, sound tube delete, 1975 Corvette Coupe-L48, 4-speed

Past Lives: 2001 Corvette Z51 Coupe, 2012 Mustang Grabber Blue Coupe, 2008 Mustang Torch Red Vert, 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, 1985 Nissan 300ZX, 1979 Mazda RX-7, 1971 Datsun 240Z, 1972 Fiat 124 Vert, 1971 Chevelle, 1970 Challenger
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Very difficult finding one close to the Northeast. Black is the easiest to find right now and the color with the largest discounts. Black is a tough color to keep clean, but if you can get past that you can get a great deal right now.
Rookie

I had a black one ordered, went up to the dealer just to go sit in one while I waited on mine, saw the SGM, cancelled the order for my black one and picked up my SGM.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morfael View Post
I had a black one ordered, went up to the dealer just to go sit in one while I waited on mine, saw the SGM, cancelled the order for my black one and picked up my SGM.
Funny how stuff works out sometimes. Be glad, Black is boring.
Apprentice

My SG, had a 2014 Grabber Blue that I really liked. In person though the sterling grey to me just looks more classy.

2014 Mustang GT Base 6M
Brembo Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page