2014 Sterling Gray - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

2014 Sterling Gray

Looking at a Sterling Gray GT premium this week. How do you gray owners like this color? Has anyone added the rear window louvers? any pictures?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014
BOSS Member

Garage
Love it.

I don't care for stick on accessories of scoops. I really don't think they look good.

I've removed the fog lights and kept the stock grille and swapped in the GT/CS lower valance and installed Boss 302S wheels. I would like to have the windows lightly tinted but it just hasn't been high on the priority list for me.

Can't upload pictures from work though.

post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014
PONY Member

Sterling gray is a classy color and when I saw it in person, I had to have it.

2014 Sterling gray GT 6M
Paxton Novi 2200 with torque booser and Lund tune, DW1000 injectors, JMS BAP, ATI damper
Lethal ORP, MGW shifter, BMR upper and lowers, Spicer 1 piece DS, Ram Single disk clutch with aluminum flywheel, Power leather seat conversion. Staggered wheels.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
Love it.

I don't care for stick on accessories of scoops. I really don't think they look good.

I've removed the fog lights and kept the stock grille and swapped in the GT/CS lower valance and installed Boss 302S wheels. I would like to have the windows lightly tinted but it just hasn't been high on the priority list for me.

Can't upload pictures from work though.
Have you checked the rear louvers? The are attached by an adhesive but thue look really nice.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014
Apprentice

I owned a Sterling Gray Fusion and thought it was the best color I've had on a car. I kept it sparkling and got lots of compliments. I intended to buy my Mustang in SGM as well but a combination of not finding one built the way I wanted (it was too late for ordering '14s) and just wanting to change up moved me to a black one. I saw lots of SGM mustangs when I was shopping and thought they looked great. I usually trade in every three years or so and if SGM is a Mustang choice that's what I'll go with.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/5y4sYLaa80wAyQjKEIg3pD2yCLA4tme9KngRDV5O5EU=w427-h207-p-no

\\2014 V6 coupe, all black\\. Tech, FP6 Appearance and Sensing/Security packages. Tinted and blacked out except headlights. Headlight splitters, MMD Hood Struts, etc
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushz View Post
Have you checked the rear louvers? The are attached by an adhesive but thue look really nice.
Not interested in any stick on parts.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014
GT Member
Classic Member

Very classy color. Love it and would not have any other color. Looks great all the time. I do turn on my headlights lights on overcast days because the car tends to blend into the color of asphalt. Good luck getting the car!

1964.5 convertible and a 2012 Sterling Grey GT. 100 hp. and 412 hp. Go Bama, Roll Tide! 2015 National Champions! Clemson put up one heck of a fight!
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014
PONY Member

I absolutely love mine. I waited 10 weeks for sterling gray. The options I wanted weren't available in S.G. anywhere. Dealer could have had the car here in a week, if I had wanted black or gabber blue or a couple days for silver.

2014 Sterling Gray GT Premium with silver stripes / MT-82 / Brembo / Recaro
Steeda Sports | Koni Yellows | BMR Panhard and LCA Brackets
MGW shifter | Borla S-types
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014
Apprentice

grey

There is one at the dealer with side window louvers, side scoops and a roush splitter looks very nice, love that couler
Apprentice

i went with DIB, but i wish i had went with this grey, i fell in love when i seen one in person.... guess it was too late! Still love my DIB, but if i did it again, i would go sterling grey or white!

2013 Mustang GT - 6MT - DIB
1986 Ford Ranger 2.3L Turbo Diesel (4D55)
PONY Member

I absolutely love mine and get a ton of compliments but I like low profile, stealthy cars. If you want to get attention get any other color. I always run my headlights because gray cars are just harder to see on the road. I admit I'm very biased, my 350Z is also grey/silver.
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Had my '14 SGM for 4 months now and I have say that it was a good choice.

2014 SGM GT, 300A, 6R80, daily driver. Roush TVS, suspension and brake upgrades.
PONY Member

Sterling grey was the color I originally wanted (I prefer neutral metallics) but I couldn't find a loaded one locally.

2010 Torch Red GT Premium. 5speed, 19", security package, HID's, comfort package, 3.73, American Thunder Flowmasters.
Rookie

SGM FTW! Love it. Best color IMHO. Good contrast against black trim pieces. The metallic in the paint is beautiful when squeaky clean. Also, seem to see more red/white/black/blue than grey.

2013 V6 MT Sterling Grey - 3.31 gears, JLT Intake, Boss Strut Brace, GT Wheels, Infinity Reference 6x8s, Rockford Fosgate P300-10
Apprentice

I love the color. It changes with the time of day and weather pretty dramatically. I think it stays very clean looking. It's not one of the dark colors that looks dirty quickly. When it's clean, it's really deep looking.

I've seen them modded to be dark and stealthy, with lots of blackout trim and wheels, or with bright silver contrasting trim and wheels. Both look awesome and produce really different results. It's cool one color can be so different - I don't think you can go wrong. I don't think the pictures ever really do it justice. They can look quite dull online.

Check my profile for some pics. I'm planning to go with silver RTR wheels and either 3.7 or pony emblems on the front fenders, but really toyed with black accents for some time. Decided if I went dark, I'd have to really go dark with tinted glass and lights, grill, etc. and that was gonna add up too quickly.

Good luck.

2012 Boss Yellow Blaze, Recaros/Torsen, Cover/Mats
2012 MCA PP Sterling/Lava

Last edited by KC3333; 06-06-2014 at 06:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in