What's your GT's MPG ???? Good or Bad ???? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
EGT
Apprentice
5.0L Member

This:

What's your GT's MPG ???? Good or Bad ????-photo-mpg.jpg

"Hypermiling" experiment. Near Leominster MA to Tenafly NJ. End of run is 31.2 on trip computer, adjusting down 3% from my stock tire size to the 255/40/19 Michelin PSS I run now gives a corrected 30.2 mpg. 201 mile trip, filled tank at start, have about 9/16 tank left (9 gallons) left. I saw 31.7 crossing into NY on the Merit Pkwy. Yes, I have previously checked my trip computer with fillup amounts and it is dead nuts on.

I generally get 22-24 mpg.

2012 Black Premium GT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

luckypony

Haven't reset my mpg calculator in awhile and it's been sitting at around 17mpg. I probably do a 60/40 mix of highway/city driving. I've got the 3.73 rear-end gears but for the most part I putt around town like grandpa. I can't complain though - I knew what I was getting myself into

PONY Member

I don't reset often. Right now it is showing 17.1

Mostly 'city' driving.

I jump on it now and again.

But when you buy a Mustang, the MPGs should not even be something to look at.

Apprentice

14 GT track pack, 3.73 rear end with 5w-50 engine oil (I think I would get a mile or two better with 5w-20, something to maybe think about for the winter) I do about 25% highway and 75% city I get about 16mpg (17 if the weather is hot and I don't push the car too much, or it could go to 15 with "spirited" driving)
EGT
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGT View Post
This:

Attachment 356233

"Hypermiling" experiment. Near Leominster MA to Tenafly NJ. End of run is 31.2 on trip computer, adjusting down 3% from my stock tire size to the 255/40/19 Michelin PSS I run now gives a corrected 30.2 mpg. 201 mile trip, filled tank at start, have about 9/16 tank left (9 gallons) left. I saw 31.7 crossing into NY on the Merit Pkwy. Yes, I have previously checked my trip computer with fillup amounts and it is dead nuts on.

I generally get 22-24 mpg.
After trip back- 402 miles total - 14.0 gallons to fill up = 28.6 mpg.

2012 Black Premium GT

Apprentice

40,000 miles on my 2011 GT and I am getting an average of 19.3 around town with some spirited driving. If I let the wife drive it (mostly highway) she manages to get it up to 22 to 23. I have only seen 24 to 25 on the interstate.

-Ken
2011 5.0 Convertible 401a with Accessory Package 6 and 19" Wheels

Other rides:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
2007 H-D VRSCD Nightrod
Beechcraft King Air 300
GT Member
5.0L Member

Ive got a track pack car with 3.73 gears. Stock except the mufflers and I get about 20-21mpg. 80% highway driving.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
Rookie

You all are getting pretty good MPG. I'm lucky to be around 16 in mixed city/freeway driving. I guess my right foot is a bit too heavy.
Rookie

2014 GT 1600mi on the clock and I'm averaging 21mpg in mixed driving. I'm thrilled with that. My previous car was an M6 and the exact same driving netted me 16mpg.

Race Red GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page