What's your GT's MPG ???? Good or Bad ???? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Arrow What's your GT's MPG ???? Good or Bad ????

Ok going to be getting a new GT. I see the numbers posted are 18/25?

I have a 2007 V6 with 20" shelby wheels and big tires that the sticker MPG are 18/26

So can it be right that I can get the same MPG on a New GT as my 2007 V6?

What numbers are you guys getting and what do you think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014
GT Member
S197 Member

The difference between v6 and v8 mpg is very little. With the newer technology its a given its around the same. A 5.0 will be a huge upgrade from a 07 v6 and you'll love it

post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014
GT Member
S197 Member

This question comes up often. I'm not normally one to holler "Do a forum search!" but in this case you might want to, as I think people get tired of repeating themselves.

My car returns 15-16mpg for city-only driving, 26-27 on the highway, and has averaged about 18.4 MPG overall since new.

Also, someone will be along directly to tell you that you don't buy a GT if you're worried about fuel economy.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Hand calculated around town no highway driving 14.4mpg.

2019 Velocity Blue GT 6m Premium
401a
Black Out Package
B&O Stereo
Active Valve Exhaust
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014
PONY Member

I get roughly 14, but if you're getting a GT, why care? Just have fun with it.

2014 GHIG GT Premium - Track Pack, Comfort Pack, Rear Camera, GT500 mufflers, Boss 302 Grille with stock fogs.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014
Apprentice

My GT has only 1,020 miles on it, mostly city but with some highway driving, and I'm averaging 18.6 mpg. I must say, however, that my car is so much fun I wouldn't care if I was averaging 14 mpg. Fabulous car!
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I routinely get 21-23 in my 2010 in mixed all-around driving. This includes some highway, some country roads and around town, but very little stop and go. This is per the dash computer and hand verified; I've done the math many times and it always comes out very close.

Yeah there are other threads on this that could be found with a search, but we do need some new threads to keep things moving around here.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014
PONY Member

About 18 mpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2013 5.0 - Deep Impact Blue
Brembo, GT500 axle backs, Vogtland springs, GT500 shocks/struts, Laguna SECA transmission scoop, 3.31, Carbotech xp10/8, JLT brake ducts
TWS CCW: 2:03.02
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I used to get 17-18 around town, 24-25 on the highway with the stock Pirelli PZero tires.

When I switched to Continental Extreme Contact DWS (after seeing endorsements on here), it's more like 20 around town, 27 on the highway. And the car handles better...so go figure.

Now it's within an MPG or two of my Subie WRX...which is almost shockingly good for a V8.

2012 Candy red GT convertible premium, MT82, comfort package. Black int/black roof.
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I drive about a 50/50 mix. Computer says 21.3
Apprentice

For my short commute back and forth to work (<25 miles RT), which is about 50/50, I get 18+ mpg. On a longer 200 mile RT that is about 75% highway @75 mph/25% back roads, I have gotten 23+ mpg. Haven't had a chance to do a 100% highway run, but expect that it would at least meet the EPA estimate.

As was said, the mpg increase compared to my F150 is just icing on the cake. It's all about the fun factor of driving a Mustang.

2014 Mustang GT Premium Coupe - Ruby Red Metalic w/Silver Side/Hood Stripes, Scoops/Louvers/Pedestal Spoiler, Charcoal Black, 6M, 400A, Remote Sense/Security Pkg, Electronics Pkg, Comfort Pkg
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I think it's irrelevant..........If your MPG are good.........you might not have enough fun.
If you intend to DD it, it might be important, otherwise.......burn some fuel and support the economy.

2010 Performance white V6 automatic: Sold.

2014 Oxford white GT/CS, glassroof, comfort pkg. VMP tune, Borla touring AB, RLT hoodlift
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechstang View Post
.......burn some fuel and support the economy.
ha ha!

but our President says we are killing the world by doing that, and he is trying to make it illegal . . . . haven't you hear about that over there?

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
Apprentice

Gas milage and a GT. Really. My bigger concern is tire replacements.

AirRaid CAI, FRPP lca's, Sequential tails, BBK headers & catted x-pipe, Hot Rod Cams, FRPP axle-backs, MGW shifter, 20" bullets, Bama Tune, Eibach Pro Susp Pkg.
Rookie

Mine has approximately 4500 miles on it and is averaging exactly 21 mpg from when I took delivery. My driving consists of about 70% city 30% highway. I don't beat it all the time, but do let is loose quite often. I do think if I drove it like a normal car then it would be getting 23 mpg, but then why would I want a Mustang"

2014 GT Premium / Deep Impact Blue / 6 speed / 401A-Charcoal and Cashmere / Comfort Pkg / Sec and Rear Sensing Pkg / 19" Mach Alum Wheels / 3.73
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page