2014 GT Won't Smoke Tires In 1st Anymore :-( - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Hold the t/c button in for 10-15 seconds with the brake on. Once the computer is way less involved you may have more fun

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidBillyPaul View Post
and said Watch This!

Those are famous last words you know, kinda like tempting fate. Oh My God, they killed Kenny!

2015 Mustang GT PP 401A Black | Roush Supercharger
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CylindersMore View Post
Hold the t/c button in for 10-15 seconds with the brake on. Once the computer is way less involved you may have more fun
More like 5-6 seconds.

PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CylindersMore View Post
I would suggest that it would probably be best you that you turn off the TC when you're by yourself for a few times. I don't think realize just how much those computerized nannies save your collective ass. If you do this with a friend in the car, the my balls are bigger than yours attitude takes over, putting you and your friends life at risk.

To the OP:
I'm fine with the thread in regard to your 2014 won't smoke the tires, but I have problem with the "watch this" piece with said friend in the car. A little juvenile, you need to use your brain, not your testosterone. There is a time and place for everything, and maybe fate was looking over your friends shoulder that day saving his life a "friend" that was more interested in another "watch this" episode.

Not too long ago, there was some semi-famous actor that was a passenger in a high-performance car, potentially under very similar circumstances, when his friend got the keys to a car he was unfamiliar with, which had no traction and stability control, and may have mentally or verbally said, "watch this", ending in taking both their lives...

2015 Mustang GT PP 401A Black | Roush Supercharger
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
I would suggest that it would probably be best you that you turn off the TC when you're by yourself for a few times. I don't think realize just how much those computerized nannies save your collective ass. If you do this with a friend in the car, the my balls are bigger than yours attitude takes over, putting you and your friends life at risk.

To the OP:
I'm fine with the thread in regard to your 2014 won't smoke the tires, but I have problem with the "watch this" piece with said friend in the car. A little juvenile, you need to use your brain, not your testosterone. There is a time and place for everything, and maybe fate was looking over your friends shoulder that day saving his life a "friend" that was more interested in another "watch this" episode.

Not too long ago, there was some semi-famous actor that was a passenger in a high-performance car, potentially under very similar circumstances, when his friend got the keys to a car he was unfamiliar with, which had no traction and stability control, and may have mentally or verbally said, "watch this", ending in taking both their lives...
Started to get mad reading comments about my "Watch This" comment until I got to the last paragraph. That was a horrific crash!
Thanks! My eyes are open now.

2014 GT/CS - MT82 - 3.73 - 19's
Charcoal Interior - Glass Roof - Comfort Pkg - Electronic Pkg - Shaker Pro - No Mods
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidBillyPaul View Post
Started to get mad reading comments about my "Watch This" comment until I got to the last paragraph. That was a horrific crash!
Thanks! My eyes are open now.
Paul Walker - very very sad.

2009 Red C/S, 2014 Blue GT, 1969 Coupe 302
PONY Member

Get a tune. BAMA works for me. 20K+ miles with the tune and still runs like a champ. I can smoke all the way to 3rd without using any brakes and with a passenger.

I only have one issue with my tune. I don't have traction. Next set of tires will be bigger.

2012 Race Red GT Premium | MT82 3.31 | HID/Security | Steeda CAI | BAMA 91P | JLT Seperator | Steeda Shift Bracket | Steeda ProAction Shocks/Struts | Steeda Heavy Duty Strut Mounts | Eibach Pro-Kit (Dub) | J&M Adj. Panhard | GT500 Axle-Backs w/Resonator Delete | Ford Racing STB | American Muscle GT500 Black Machined 18x9/10 Nitto 555
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrakercat View Post
Paul Walker - very very sad.
He still owes me a 10 second car...

Bad movies, but still sad to lose any car lover.

2014 GT: Race Red. Stuff added...
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brets14GT View Post
He still owes me a 10 second car...

Bad movies, but still sad to lose any car lover.
Bad movies that pretty much ruined street racing, an activity that used to be completely underground. Oh well, the people who got rich probably don't care.
Bummer these two died but if they were racing on a public road they get no sympathy from me. Glad no innocents were killed.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

remember boys & girls: the words that most often follow "watch this" are "oh _____"

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitownpete View Post
Bad movies that pretty much ruined street racing, an activity that used to be completely underground. Oh well, the people who got rich probably don't care.
Bummer these two died but if they were racing on a public road they get no sympathy from me. Glad no innocents were killed.
+1 one of my best buddies in high school died from a drunk crash, and all I said was I'm glad he only killed himself and not anyone else or there family, and EVERYONE was like how can you say that, but it's the honest truth.

I miss him dearly but like I said I'm glad he didn't hurt anyone else and I'm sure in heaven he thinks the same thing.

People don't realize a car is a weapon when driven recklessly.

MY RIDES
2013 Performance White GT Premium: Tune, CAI, Flowmasters
1970 Mustang 351 Cleveland: MANY mods and improvements
2012 Ford Focus: Rims, Steeda CAI & Tune, Steeda Pro Springs, Steeda Front & Rear Swaybar, Steeda Rear Toe End Link, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
SHELBY GT 350 Member

One thing I didn't see mentioned is that the OP's location is "Gulf Coast". Here in the SWFL part of the Gulf Coast, it's very hot and humid. The cars make A LOT less power with it's 90 and humid than they do at 60 and dry. My 5.0 feels like a top fuel dragster when the temp is in the 60s! That could be part of the burnout issue. Assuming Traction Control is not involved.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
remember boys & girls: the words that most often follow "watch this" are "oh _____"
I couldn't have said it any better myself

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
PONY Member

Is it possible the tires are fully broken in and have better traction?
GT Member

didn't read through all this but 3 things, passenger weighs your car down a lot, sticky tires and roads, and finally super thick muggy air. Oh and even 4th if you have your A/C on = terrible performance. Go try it on a cool crisp fall evening and report back

2012 black on black GT Premium Auto 6R80 - 400A
20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page