rwhp for shelby and roush - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

These newer cars have less parasitic loss. 8 to 12 percent on manuals is very typical. Some of the 13,14 Gt500's have even dynoed at 610 or even a little more. 600 is close to average. The newer GT's 370-380 are pretty typical.

2011 Mustang 5.0 - Premium, 6MT, 3.73
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Good Question

I would love to know how much my ROUSH actually puts down at the wheels. I've always just used the whole multiply 675 HP by .85 rule and hope for the best

So... if that is true then a ROUSH Stage 3 Phase 3 will have just under 574HP to the wheels. I figure that number will increase once I put in the 20lbs lighter driveshfat and tune the car up to the Coyote limit of 700HP to the crank. If you watch the driveshaft video from American Muscle, removing 20lbs of rotational mass is similar to removing 80lbs of unstrung weight... Lots of nerdy stuff I dont quite understand yet but hey. I'm about to find out.

ROUSH Road Crew Member
2012 ROUSH RS3: 12-0104 (540HP 465 FT/LBS)
Phase I Upgrade Installed (575HP 505 FT/LBS)
Phase 3 Upgrade Installed (675HP 585FT/LBS)
MGW Short Throw Shifter
Dynotec 1 Piece aluminum drive shaft
STEEDA 1 Piece drive shaft safety loop
StangHI Performance Tune (700HP 605FT/LBS)
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregRS3 View Post
I would love to know how much my ROUSH actually puts down at the wheels. I've always just used the whole multiply 675 HP by .85 rule and hope for the best

So... if that is true then a ROUSH Stage 3 Phase 3 will have just under 574HP to the wheels. I figure that number will increase once I put in the 20lbs lighter driveshfat and tune the car up to the Coyote limit of 700HP to the crank. If you watch the driveshaft video from American Muscle, removing 20lbs of rotational mass is similar to removing 80lbs of unstrung weight... Lots of nerdy stuff I dont quite understand yet but hey. I'm about to find out.
Think about it if it spins, the engine is moving it, so less weight and friction of the parts the engine actually turns, will end up in bigger power gains than if you were to say remove your back seat. sure it'll save 40 lbs of weight but, it's not 40lbs the engine is actually having to work to move. If that makes sense. In easier terms a 20lb drop from the power and drive train will go a lot further than stripping interior.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregRS3 View Post

I think you are probably in the ball park - maybe a little low. I have a VMP stage 3 kit, which is pretty similar to the Roush, and a conservative tune, and the car made 605 to the wheels on 9-10psi. I do have LTHs. which are probably good for 20hp or so but other than that we are apples to apples.

2014 Hertz/Penske Mustang GT
2011 VW GTI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page